Review for Magic Mechanic Inc.
DON V. on 02/11/2016
"missed the chance"
Have done all service since new at this service was early as always before open had the service done but as I have every time instead of just taking the free scheduled maintenance had the trans and oil replaced. always ok with the cost but this time the filter wrench and filter busted because it was to tight when put on at last service so I had to Waite for the special wrench from Toyota to come. after four hours it was done and I paid. I drive over an hour to have service and the smell of trans fluid was really strong. got home and checked to find both oil and trans fluid over everything even were you open the hood so now I'm jacking the car and cleaning fluid. don't see a leak now so oil since they broke the filter I could understand but the trans fluid on top means it was spilled and just left. not happy this time the missed chance would have been a discount for the extra time waited and the mess I had to clean when handed the Bill that would have went a long way and this would have prevented me from considering work elsewhere since this is how your doing things these days.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 02/10/2016
Review Created: 02/11/2016 09:00 AM
Larry P. at Magic Mechanic Inc. responded on 02/11/2016

Hello Don,  The oil change service with a 47 point inspection takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour to perform. The transmission service takes about 45 minutes to do and The 35,000 mile service inspection shows 1 hour to perform. We performed these other services while waiting for the oil filter housing to show up which is only available from the  dealer, There is  not a after market one available. These are only made out of plastic and can only be removed and installed so many times. We did not charge you for the housing($45.88+tax) and did not charge for 35k inspection 1 hour ($104.00) which the dealer and most places would charge for. There is the  savings by coming to us. We have had a deep conversation with the employee about not cleaning up after him self. Sorry about the inconvenience.