Review for Magic Mechanic Inc.
sharon s. on 01/30/2014
"A simple leak"
8 trips to fix a leak. A great inconvenience. Finally, we will run a leak test on trip 8.A leaky seal. But I paid for a new power steering pump as they thought that was the leak. It took 3 rebuilds to find one that works. But I probably did not need it . So now I have a rebuilt instead of the factory one. Cost over $500.00. I feel I really lost out. Each trip, more frustration. The employees were always nice . But I felt that I was at their mercy after I had paid the $500.
This was an extremely frustrating repair and it took months to get it done . Needless to say I lost faith in the company.
Vehicle: Saturn SL1
Service Date: 01/07/2014
Review Created: 01/30/2014 08:10 AM
JD R. at Magic Mechanic Inc. responded on 01/30/2014

This vehicle had several leaks, and the power steering leak out of the front seal was the worse one, we replaced the pump and would be fine for a while and the remanufactured would start leaking, it took 3 trys to get a good pump just like the customer states and each time we even showed the customer where the pump was leaking, after this leaky pump issue was resolved the customer returned at a later date with another leak, it was the head gasket oil seal that seals the block to the cylinder head leaking oil intermitantly" considering this customer had to make repeted trips back for the power steering issue we performed the cylinder head gasket repair at no charge" a value of over $1400.00 for the parts and labor that was provided at no charge" We didnt make the defective power steering pumps and warranteed them at no charge and under the circumstances we would have hoped our efforts of good will would have resulted in a favorable review, all our repairs are under a nationwide warranty and were here to help in anyway to further assist this customer if needed.