Latest Review about 2 months ago

GA
Gbemi a.
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Spoke to Gbemi. He said they didn't tell him what was making a noise in his vehicle and tried to sell him other services. He was still charged with no work done to the vehicle.
ALEX R. from A1 Tune & Lube responded on 10/31/2018

Hello thank you for coming to us for your automotive needs. I am sorry if you think we did not meet your expectations. I reprinted the notes from your vehicle. You came to us for the vehicle struggling to move especially uphill. We offered you a diagnosis at the cost of 67.00 dollars that would be applied to repairs. We diagnosed your vehicle and it had a check engine light with a coolant temp sensor code, along with a leaking water pump. When we do a vehicle diagnosis we check the whole vehicle out. Since you stated the car was sluggish we also found that the spark plugs, and air filter were very old. We also let you know that the transmission pan gasket was leaking and that the drivers side axle boot was torn. We advised you about the condition of the car and made you several estimates. We never tried to sell you anything we were just letting you know what we found with the vehicle. You also never stated that the car made any noise. Your only concern was that the car would struggle to move forward. Originally you thought it was a bad transmission. We advised you that it was not. You stated that you could not do any of the repairs at this time and requested to take the vehicle and that you would be coming back to the shop the following week for repairs. We thank you for coming in and wish you the best God Bless.

Martha M.
Nissan Sentra
01/27/2016 Category: Service
Martha said they gave her a quote that included warranty on the tires. They also called her and told her she needed to have other services done on the vehicle as well. She chose not to have them done and only wanted the tires completed. However, after she had the service completed they told her there was a void on the warranty for the tires because she had not gotten the other services done. Her whole issue was that they did not tell her about the void over the phone. When Alex, the owner, was explaining this to her he was also smirking. She was dissatisfied with his response and she will not be visiting them again. The only reason she visited them was because her sister recommended them to her.
ALEX R. from A1 Tune & Lube responded on 01/29/2016

Martha you came in and you requested that we replace 3 of the tires on the vehicle because they were worn. You also asked if we could check the vehicle out for you and let you know if there was any issues with your transmission. We diagnosed your vehicle at no charge and found no issues with the transmission. However we did find that the vehicle has issues with the shocks. The shocks are worn and will cause damage to the tires. We explained to you very clearly that if the tires were ruined because of the worn shocks the tire manufacturer would not warranty them. When you came in to pay for the car you were extremely aggressive and so was your son. We tried our very best to explain the situation.

To clarify the whole situation, WE DID NOT void your warranty, because you chose not to do the repairs. All we did was advise you on repairs that your vehicle needs. You even asked if you could have the repairs done elsewhere because you did not like our pricing. We said of course.

It seems that no matter what we did we could not please you. Every attempt was made to work with you. We have a great relationship with your sister. We wish you the best thanks again.

RONALD R.
Chrysler Concorde
01/06/2015
They care about their customers
I got a call from Alex after my prior review. We discussed the issue or missed scheduling and I feel confident that we will communicate better in future. I have never had issue with their abilities. In fact, the reason I first stated going to A-1 was there were able to resolve a serious issue that the Factory Dealer could not resolve. They are busy and sometimes it takes longer to get to your car but they are busy because they know what they are doing. Now that we got this issue resolved, all is good.

01/05/2015
Poor Scheduling
Every time they do service or repair, they seem to find something else wrong. Now, I understand that this is an older vehicle so I can accept that there are needed repairs to be done. The things that bugs me the most is they cannot estimate repair time to within plus or minus A WEEK. I like the folks and they appear to know what they are doing but if I did not have an extra car to fall back on, I could not use their service because I just cannot depend on when they tell me my car will be ready. The last two times they worked on my car they missed the completing date by 4 days in one case and 6 days in another.
ALEX R. from A1 Tune & Lube responded on 01/06/2015

Sir thank you for taking the time to review our business. We do apologize that our scheduling and communication was not up to par. We will gladly improve our scheduling and communication to your satisfactory standards. Thank you so much for being a wonderful customer and for your continued support. We look forward to taking care of all your automotive needs. Thank you Ronald