Latest Review over 3 years ago

LISA W.
Kia Rio
10/19/2014
Trusted Group of People
Through the years I have learned to trust the Academy Tire crew for the maintenance of my car. I depend on their expertise, and they continually do a great job. Thanks.

SD
SUSAN D.
Watertown, TN
Ford Freestyle
08/31/2014
prompt attentiomn
Had a tire blow out that had warranty protection. Prorated replacement service was without hassle and was prompt.

BK
BARRY / KAREN K.
Hyundai Santa Fe
08/17/2014
Would never recommend
I went to Academy to get a front end alignment and an oil change. The person (Brian) who waited on me indicated that he could get both done in an hour and a half. I came in at 9 am, handed Brian my keys and came back at noon.They were just changing my oil. I was told that if I wanted my front end alignment, it would be another hour and a half. Based on my time schedule, I chose not to wait, and also chose to not give Academy any additional business. The front end alignment was the important issue, my oil could have been chnaged in another month.
This is the second time that I was given poor customer service. Upon returning home, my husband also indicated that the last time he was there, he got the same treatment. Upon talking to my neighbor, he also indicated that Academy is a poor choice.
The Team at A. from Academy Tire responded on 08/19/2014

Karen, I again want to aplogize for your vehicle not being done on time. I spoke with Brian and stessed the importance of following through with any customer when he promises to have the vehicle done by a certain time. Your time is important and I know that. Sometimes unforseen things can happen in the shop that we get behind on. I'm not sure where the break down happened in completing your vehicle on time other than we dropped the ball and for that I am truly sorry. If there is anything I can do please feel free to call me.
Chad

WM
WES M.
Hyundai Elantra Touring
08/14/2014
oil & Tire
oil change and tire rotation. Quick in and out.

DAVID/LOLA M.
Chevrolet Silverado
08/10/2014
service
excellant service, in and out quickly, and very very nice guys. they take care of all 3 of our vehicles. thank you

KAREN B.
08/08/2014
My go to for maintaining my car
The staff is always polite and professional. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable service to maintain their car

NS
NEAL S.
07/11/2014
The people that work there
Fast friendly service. If I have a problem this is the first place to call.

JONATHAN W.
TN
Honda Accord
06/25/2014
Helpful Emergency Assistance
After having 2 flats in one day, I found Academy Tire in Lebanon, TN and requested help with getting back on the road. They honored my Bridgestone tire warranty even though I did not purchase my tires through Academy.

Service was courteous and prompt. I would recommend this location for their excellent service.

BRENDA B.
06/22/2014
five
very professional. and very friendly. special thanks to ROB

JOE W.
06/15/2014
Pleasant experience
Service was performed in a timely manner.

MARY B.
05/02/2014
your folks are really helpful and nice.
I needed new tires and was helped by very nice folks.

BP
BILL P.
04/25/2014
Awesome service
Very customer oriented service staff. I've never had anything but high quality service over the 7 years that we have had our three vehicles serviced here! Thank You!!

NB
NANCY B.
Mount Juliet, TN
GMC Envoy
03/14/2014
great service
great service and the guys are always nice,,,get me in/out on a timely basis :)

KH
Kate H.
12/10/2013
Will not be back
We had just recently moved into the neighborhood, and we were sent a certificate for a free oil change. We dropped it off on a Saturday afternoon with an hour wait. No big deal. However, when we were out running errands, we got a call that said they could not change the oil because the plug was stuck. If we wanted an oil change, they would have to put a new oil pan in for $300. We said no way, and we will pick up our car. We took it to a different place the next day and they had no problem with the plug. Either they were attempting to scam us out of $300 or the person who was changing our oil did not know what they were doing. Either way, we won't be back.
The Team at A. from Academy Tire responded on 12/12/2013

Thank you for speaking with me yesterday. After speaking with your service advisor I again just wanted to apologize for the misunderstanding. He did not realize that there was confusion on what he explained about the vehicle. Like I explained in our conversation yesterday when you have a drain plug that is hard to turn you never know what the condition will be because you can't see it until the drain plug is out & sometimes it is too late. We always want the customer to be informed of the possibilities if we continue with removing it. That way if the worst case scenario is the result we are all prepared for it. The last thing we want to do is remove it and a drain plug will not go back in & the vehicle is inoperable. It does happen if it is bad enough. If you will please review your quote for the oil pan there is a note on there explaining. The quote was not meaning that you must replace the oil pan but to inform you of the worst case scenario. If you do not still have the quote the note on it read as " Oil drain plug turned a few times & seized up, technician stopped to inform customer. This may only be the drain plug or it may be the oil pan. Customer opted to deal with another day. Part will have to be ordered. "

The Team at A. from Academy Tire responded on 12/12/2013

continued... I was glad to hear that only

The Team at A. from Academy Tire responded on 12/12/2013

I am not sure why this is cutting this up so bad. Kind of frustrating. As I was saying I am glad to hear that only the drain plug needed replacement. I again apologize for any confusion created on our part and would like to honor your free oil change for your next change to earn your trust and buisness. We strive to provide fair & honest service to every customer and want you to feel the same. If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to call me anytime.
Chad Simmons

LW
LISA W.
Carthage, TN
Kia Rio
11/10/2013
90,000 miles
The service people at Academy are very professional. I have been a customer at Academy for several years and have appreciated the friendliness as well as the service.

WW

10/20/2013

BW
BEN W.
10/20/2013
From a long time customer
I've taken my vehicles to this place for years. They are not exactly a low-budget shop, but I've always been pleased by the results. The front office guys are not the *most* friendly in the world, but they are as helpful as can be.

WM
WES M.
Hyundai Elantra Touring
10/18/2013
oil change/ valve stem
Quick in & out for oil change. Later same day broken valve stem on camper tire fixed no charge. Academy Tire has great service.