SP
Sarah P.
Grand Rapids, MI
04/15/2018
Very friendly, and knowledgeable people.
My husband and I drove from Grand Rapids to Auburn hills to buy a vehicle from a private owner. We wanted to have the car inspected before we purchased it. We were on a time constraint. They got us right in, thoroughly inspected the truck, told us of any issues. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. Even told us where to eat and walk in the park while we waited. Recommend highly if you live in the area.

Mrs. Michelle M.
04/07/2018
ALL DEAN'S AUTO REPAIR
One can expect awesome, professional, and above satisfactory auto repair services. Chuck, the owner is customer friendly whom will educate you about your car repairs and expedite the process for your immediate car return. Problems solved! 😄

dave d.
Clinton Township, MI
02/07/2018
rude
my son took his truck there because of mechanical issue. they told him the total. when he got there to pick up the truck. they told him another price. only 20 bucks more but the quote is the price and he did borrow the money to get it done. no more. when he told the shop he did not have the extra money. and that he was quoted one price. he got very rude and told him that of he wanted, he could charge him 10% more than the quote. which would have raised the bill another 65 bucks, just for nothing.

I will never go back or have anyone I know go there either. its sad that they take advantage of the young working family. and when get questioned, they get rude.

KK
Kristi K.
Bloomfield Hills, MI
08/25/2017
Excellent customer service!
I was shopping at Farm Boy next door to Al Dean's Auto today when my car wouldn't start. Not knowing what the problem was, I walked over to Al Dean's to see if anyone could help. Al was so helpful and professional. He walked over with me, pointed out the problems he saw with the battery (which I had just bought in May 2016 from the dealer) and helped me to jump start it. He advised I go back to them, since it should be under warranty. I was so impressed with his knowledge and kindness. He took the time to show me the problem, and advised how to fix it. I will definitely return the next time I need an automotive repair, he earned a new customer today!

GZ
Glenn Z.
Gaithersburg, MD
07/08/2017
We are from out of town and our radiatior overheated when we got to MI on a Friday afternoon. I found this place online and brought it in. I told Chuck that we are leaving on Monday and he and his staff we able to not only fix the issue but communicate it with me. It was fixed on Saturday morning , which was amazing.

Robert H.
Pontiac, MI
09/09/2016
Quality work and customer service
Chuck took the time to thoroughly inspect my car to make sure what was wrong. He told me what he was hoing to do and kept me informed thru the whole process. He even gave me a break on the labor cost.

Rhonda S.
08/04/2015
I will only take my car to Al Dean's
Oh my goodness, Chuck and the rest of the crew are awesome. My car would not start and all I could think about was Chuck at Al Dean's. He has always done a terrific job on the cars and he has a great personality. His honesty always puts me at ease. So I took my car in at the last minute, towed of course. Within an hour, Chuck and the mechanics recognized my problem. The alternator. I can handle that, but I knew that I had an alternator the year before. Chuck was able to track down the information for the alternator and he determined that I was under warranty. What a relief! He installed a brand new alternator and I did not have to pay a dime for the part. How many people can you say would actually take the time to find out about a warranty, I will tell you who....Chuck. Chuck was worried about the life of my warranty due to the alternator so he made sure I got a battery, that was under warranty as well. All I can say, today was a good day!

Jihad M.
05/14/2015
great service for a great price
I went to another repair shop at first to get quoted for how much it would cost to replace my rear brake pads and rotors along with the rear caliper. They told me 500 which was ridiculous so my father told me to contact Chuck at Al Dean's and he was able to do it for 250! And now it rides as smooth as ever. I recommend Al Dean's to anyone who wants excellent service from a man who keeps his word and offers a great price.

James D.
Saturn Vue
02/28/2015 Category: Service
James said this business' service was great. He would absolutely recommend them to others and already has.

TH
Tommie H.
Buick Rendezvous
02/26/2015 Category: Service
Tommie said the service provided was really good. However, some of the service they did, he did not know about and if he was not able to pay at the time, he was told he could pay for the added service later.

EJ
Erica J.
Pontiac, MI
02/26/2015 Category: Service
Erica said this facility was good but the prices are a little high. At the end of the repair, they hooked the vehicle to the computer and it came up with a code which meant the vehicle could go bad again. She stated she believes the staff member was honest with her and he was nice, but she felt as if he was guessing. He told her to drive her vehicle for a week or two and that it may go bad or it may not, but not to spend anymore money on it.

Ron S.
Chevrolet Cavalier
02/26/2015 Category: Service
Ron said that this business does great work and does not overcharge him for unnecessary work.

Mark L.
01/29/2015 Category: Service
Mark said they always take care of him. Chuck is very professional and friendly.

FA
Frank A.
01/19/2015 Category: Service
Frank said he has gone to the business a couple of times and gets excellent service. He has no complaints.

James R.
Ford Five Hundred
12/30/2014 Category: Service
James said this business does a fine job.

TC
Tim C.
Chevrolet Blazer
11/26/2014 Category: Service
Tim said this business is always honest, they do their work, and they are on point with everything.

SCOTT B.
Livonia, MI
Chevrolet Prizm
11/25/2014
Seemed like a dishonest money-grab
I took my car in knowing that the starter was the problem. They called the next day to say the car was done, the starter was replaced, and the total bill was $485. I told them I had the exact work done two years prior for $330, and had quoted it with someone else for $337. They agree to waive their diagnostic fee, which reduced the bill to $400 - still higher than I expected, but I decided to let it go at that. I was still frustrated that they would even charge a $75 diagnostic fee just for me stepping in the door. We knew the problem was the starter; there wasn't much diagnosis to conduct. That's not the worst part, though....

When I arrived to pick up the car two days later, I asked what specifically was wrong with the starter. The man told me he had good news. Once they actually got in there, he said, they realized the starter was fine; it was just a connection that was loose. They tightened that connection and it worked fine. The bill was "only" $155 for two hours of labor - that's two hours of labor to remove a battery and tighter a connection.

The BIG question, of course, is why they initially told me they replaced the starter and were going to charge me $485. I'm glad they decided to be honest about it before I showed up to pay, but it killed my trust in them. I will not return.
Chuck K. from Al Dean's Auto Repair responded on 12/01/2014

First of all there's no shop out there that does not charge a diagnostic fee for a no start ( towed ) in vehicle , And the statement that we called the next day and said vehicle was done is False , I called the following day to get an approval for repairs I told him we did get vehicle into the buliding and performed the basic checks and problem appeared to be at the starter , battery appears to be ok and sold the job as such , we quoted job assuming it was going to need starter pending teardown as starter is buried under intake manifold and behind the fan assembly  , he agreed but was'nt thrilled with the price I agreed at that point to wave the Standard No Start diagnostic fee , and he agreed to the repairs, during the coarse of the repairs we did all the dissasembly needed to remove the starter and that is when we found the slightly loose connection at the main cable at starter , we decided to gamble on our part to clean and tighten that connection and risk  the complete reassembly of the vehicle to perform retest knowing that  if this failed we would have to dissasemble the vehicle again and replace the starter, but the result was good, we tested it over and over and the starter functions fine .I gave him the good news upon picking up the vehicle couple days later.   If we were the money grabbers that were accused of being we would have just changed the starter and the result would have been identicle ( A FIXED VEHICLE ) but including the price of starter as well (as approved in the first place !) . I never said nothing about the problem was at the battery, I was very clear that we had starter out and the repair was at the starter not the battery !!!!!!!!!!! ..

Karen M.
Chrysler Pacifica
11/25/2014 Category: Service
Karen said this business went out of their way to help her. They were friendly and very caring.

AD
Amy D.
Dodge Durango
11/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Amy's husband. He said this business always does a great job. Chuck takes really good care of him.

Mike M.
Buick Park Avenue
11/20/2014 Category: Service
Mike said he has been going to this business for years because they do great work. He wishes he could send more people to them and has recommended several of his friends there already. They have a bunch of nice employees, they make their customers feel like family, and they always have a hot pot of coffee ready.