PR
Pat R.
Shawnee Mission, KS
03/14/2020
Disagreement of work.
Disagreement over work to be performed. Came to mutual agreement.

Mihalis G. P.
Shawnee Mission, KS
01/08/2020
Complete Rip Off for Sparta and Service
I had a terrible experience with this company. I had my vehicle towed in to their shop for service as it would not start. Turns out it needed about $1700.00 worth of work. When I picked up the vehicle I was assured it was completely fixed and that they had done an inspection and repaired everything that was wrong. About a week later my speedometer and tachometer started going haywire. The speedometer showed I was traveling at 40mph when I was parked! I called them back and brought my car in and paid $761 to have the issue repaired. I was told that they don't know why this issue had been missed or why it happened. About a week passed. I was called and told the issue was repaired. When I picked up my car with their assurance that the matter was resolved, I did not even get to leave their lot before the speedometer showed I was moving at 40mph when I was parked! I had to leave my car AGAIN for them to fix. A week passed. I called them as they did not call me after a week passed, I was told my vehicle needed to have the "cluster" replaced. (My vehicle is a 1993 Camry that my mother left to me. She barely drove it and it had 46,000 mikes on it!) The replaced the cluster, but, here's the issue. The cluster they replaced it with reflected a mileage of 146.000 miles on it! In a matter of a day my car gained 100,000 miles! When they called me,, they informed me that they had attempted to turn back the miles but could not yet find a way to do it. I was told to simply call them and I could bring the vehicle back later, (since I had been without my car for so long), for them to take care of as they were still researching the mileage issue. When I went to pick up the vehicle, I was then told that the issue of the additional mileage was not able to be fixed! I was then told that I should go online and see if I could locate a cluster with lower mileage that they would install for free. I went home and located a cluster within minutes. I contacted the shop and told them that I located a cluster with 25,000 miles. I indicated that I would like to have the cluster I bought installed and the cluster that they installed with 146,000 miles removed. I indicated that I wanted to be refunded for the $245.17 I had to pay to purchase the cluster myself. The shop replied and refused to refund my cost for having to buy my own part. I pointed out that I was not satisfied with the part they installed and only accepted it because they assured me that I could return and have the high mileage issue resolved. This was not true. Had I known that a part that would, in effect, devalue my car because it added 100,000 miles, I would never have settled for that part. Why would anyone? They installed an inferior part that instantly affected the value of my vehicle and only told me that fact AFTER they installed it without my permission to do so... which I never would have granted! Why should I have to pay for my own part to replace one that I paid them for in the first place? I then called, made an appointment, and they installed the cluster that I purchased online but still refused to refund me for their inferior part. Moreover, they do not return my calls or emails. I called them on the day they took out the 146.000 mile cluster and left a message stating I wanted the cluster that they removed that had the 146,000 miles on it returned to me because, after all, I paid them for it already! They never responded. At this point, I decided that others should be warned about this "AAA" endorsed shop. I am now seeking legal remedy as I want my $245.17 refunded for what I had to pay to buy my own part.

TC
TONY C.
04/21/2018
Staff
We were very impressed with this auto shop. Staff is very knowledgeable and very helpful they did a great job taking care of our van and we definitely will be back for future service. We will also be recommending the shop to our family.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 04/25/2018

Thank you, Tony! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and we look forward to serving you in the future!!! Thank you for the referrals!

AP
ANTHONY P.
Wellsville, KS
Mitsubishi Endeavor
04/16/2018
Great Diagnostic Team
Brought my endeavor in thinking I had a serious problem with the drive shaft. Turned out to be the rear wheel bearing. Gave a fair price on the quote as well.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 04/18/2018

Thank you for your review, Anthony! We appreciate you giving us your feedback!

GV
GEORGE V.
04/06/2018
Trusted service
Fast service witth great quality
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 04/09/2018

Thank you, George! We appreciate you taking the time to review us and let us know how we're doing!

TT
Thomas T.
Oldsmobile Alero
04/03/2018
Misdiagnosed an easy fix
Went to the shop with the car key stuck in the ignition cylinder after installing an aftermarket stereo. Mentioned that started after removing the gear shift trim and before removing the stereo...

Shop quoted around $700 for a new cylinder, which I declined because of the coincidental circumstances (no other signs of cylinder failure or other issues prior to the stereo).

Drove home and popped the gear shift trim to find a small obstruction on a gear shift linkage, once removed the issue was resolved.

Paid $35 for a seemingly random diagnosis, and probably the most expensive they could come up with related to the issue. Hope that $30 serves you well, I’ll never be back.

SA
SANDRA A.
Shawnee, KS
03/31/2018
Nice people, good mechanics!
I had my car checked by another agency about 6 months ago. I still had some problems with my car. You guys fixed the loud noise, and I thank u! All my business from now on.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 04/03/2018

We look forward to serving you from now on, also! Thank you for letting us know how we're doing; we appreciate your review, Sandra!

RF
RONALD F.
Mercury Sable
03/29/2018
Honest friendly with integrity
always excellent service as usual.friendly, informative, honest. I feel they really careabout doing a good and fair job. Need more busineases with this type of integrity
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 03/30/2018

Ronald, it means a lot to us for you to give us a review like this! Thank you for your kind words; we look forward to serving you in the future!

DAWN H.
Nissan Sentra
03/14/2018
Alex at the front desk was awesome to work with! Thank you!
Excellent customer service and follow up! Appreciated the explanations of what was going wrong with our car in a way that I could understand. Felt a feeling of trust and not being taken advantage of in any way.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 03/15/2018

We're so glad you feel that way, Dawn, and thank you for taking the time to let us know! We appreciate your review!

beth h.
02/21/2018
they go above and beyond.
thanks, guys!
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 02/22/2018

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review us!

JOSE P.
02/16/2018
Fast and Great
Work is great! Car is working perfectly. Great flexibility! And Fast work!
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 02/20/2018

Jose, Thank You for taking the time to leave us a review! We look forward to serving you in the future!

MK
MARK K.
Bonner Springs, KS
Buick Enclave
02/15/2018
Buick Enclave Sputtering
My Buick was misfiring on the highway and Auto Dr's quickly diagnosed it and sent me a picture of the spark plugs that were fouled. They replaced them and the washer pump in the same day and I am on the road again. Thank you for the professional service.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 02/15/2018

Thank you, Mark, for your input. We appreciate your review!

KG
Kenny G.
Cleveland, MO
01/25/2018
Wiring left exposed
I need some wiring work done on my 95 F150. It was repaired correctly, but insulation was nicked in several places and wire exposed. I fixed them and covered them flexible conduit. This was on the fuel tank. A spark could have caused some serious problems.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 01/26/2018

Mr. Gregory, Thank you for giving us a review and bringing that to our attention. We will address it with the technician. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please give us a call 913-451-2539.

MK
MARK K.
Bonner Springs, KS
Buick Terraza
01/25/2018
I have trusted Auto Dr's for years. The are fair and do what they say they will do.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 01/26/2018

Thank you, Mark! We will continue to do our best to take care of you and your family!

Ashley S.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
01/24/2018
They got my car in immediately and were able to fix the problem in the same day. Very friendly staff. Highly recommend.
Jeff & Julie R. from Auto Doctors of Overland Park responded on 01/25/2018

Thank you, Ashley! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review!