Auto Select Neenah

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 month ago

S W. on 03/10/2018
"Best Mechanics In Town"
Customer service is #1 priority at Auto Select in Neenah. They treat customers like family and bend over backward to ensure excellent service. Terry has gone so far out of his way to make sure I leave impressed each and every time, there are no words.

I would highly recommend you give Auto Select a shot, you won't be disappointed!
Service Date: 03/09/2018
Review Created: 03/10/2018 03:19 PM
Katie C. on 02/24/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Auto select has the most knowledgeable employees!!!"
I went over a curb when i hit a patch of black ice. I am a single mother with 3 children and i need my van especially to be able to work and transport my children. I spoke with Terry and he was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful in assisting me get my van back on the road in less than 24 hours!!! Terry did everything possible to help me get the correct parts for a reasonable price. Other places were going to charge me $100's $ more for parts I never needed!! I have been going to Auto Select since they opened and will never go anywhere else!! Thank u Auto Select and thank u Terry for helping me out!!
Service Date: 02/23/2018
Review Created: 02/24/2018 12:09 PM
Chuck B. on 02/13/2018
"To Terry and Jack "
Hi this is Chuck Burr from town of Menasha
I went to Auto Select in Neenah to check out tires for my
2004 Chevy Silverado 4X4 And talk to Jack and Terry and bought 4 brand new tires for my truck and then Terry had asked if there was any thing Else they could help out with and i said yes to a oil change and rear diff gear lube change on my truck they were very nice to work with and very help full to me i will go back again for work on my truck
Again thank you Jerry and Jack
Service Date: 02/13/2018
Review Created: 02/13/2018 11:14 PM
Jim W. on 02/08/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Nothing But Great Service"
Hi Jim Willison here. I would recommend AutoSelect in Neenah to anyone that has a car or truck. Terry and Jack are very friendly as well as professional. I have personally been treated excellent and will be a customer for years to come. Hard to find an honest repair shop so now that I have I won’t be going anywhere else!
Service Date: 12/31/2017
Review Created: 02/08/2018 06:08 PM
Jennifer H. on 01/20/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Consistently great service at an affordable price"
Auto Select has become the only place I want to take my car's to get fixed. Not only are they Dependable, trustworthy, and reliable, I always know that they will tell me the truth about what needs to be done or what can wait if I have to hold off on anyting. They value the vehicles in my family just like I value my children driving the vehicles . I couldn't recommend a friendlier more reliable group of guys.
Review Created: 01/20/2018 09:18 AM
GRANT F. on 08/24/2017
"The absolute best"
If you're in a bind, need any work done and done right there's no better place than auto select hands down.
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/24/2017 01:07 AM
Deb W. on 08/08/2017
Deb said the price was good, they have the longest warranty and the service is also quick.
Vehicle: Nissan Rogue
Service Date: 08/04/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017
Jeff B. on 07/21/2017
Jeff said this business made sure they got all the work done right and gave him better discounts and the top prices.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 07/20/2017
Review Created: 07/21/2017
Jack W. on 07/19/2017
Jack said this business is at a good location for him, and he trusts them.
Vehicle: Ford Thunderbird
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 07/19/2017
Tom S. on 07/18/2017
Tom said this business was pretty good.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Steve L. on 07/18/2017
Steve said he would recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Kendal R. on 07/18/2017
Kendal said the staff were professional and they did a nice job. They got his vehicle turned around quickly and he will be back.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Lily Z. on 07/18/2017
Lily said they were very polite, fast and accommodating.
Vehicle: Jeep Compass
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Amanda L. on 07/10/2017
Amanda said they got back to her in a timely manner. The technicians explained everything. She received the quote and it is a little too expensive for her. If she was financially able, she would have let them do it.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Service Date: 06/30/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017
CHRIS K. on 07/04/2017
"Auto repair"
Understandable explanations; no indication I am being taken advantage of and sold more than I need in repairs.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 07/03/2017
Review Created: 07/04/2017 04:41 AM
Keith P. on 06/30/2017
Keith said the service was good and quick. He was in and out.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Vehicle: Nissan Maxima
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017 11:14 AM
Todd F. on 06/20/2017
Todd said this business treated him well. They provided excellent customer service.
Vehicle: BMW 535xi
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/20/2017
Janice S. on 06/16/2017
Janice said she likes the fact they are quick. The young man who helped her was very nice.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre
Service Date: 06/14/2017
Review Created: 06/16/2017
Erin W. on 06/12/2017
Erin said they incorrectly diagnosed the problem and she decided to go somewhere else. They wanted to charge $2,200 to repair a head gasket.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Am
Service Date: 06/03/2017
Review Created: 06/12/2017
Tony G. at Auto Select Neenah responded on 06/22/2017

I just got off the phone with Erin, she said that she had a friend replace the cooling fan and the car is fine now. Our repair order says that the cooling fan was not kicking on, however she says that we never told her about that. I apologized on our behalf. I asked a few questions about what kind of test was done following the cooling flush and she said that she had a friend look at it. So I explained that you can’t just look at coolant to see if a head gasket is leaking. I offered to have her come in for a free exhaust gas/coolant test to confirm the head gaskets condition. I told her that I could have her present with just me to rule out interference.  I also offered a free oil change. She is working second shift for the next few weeks and said that when she gets a time that she will bring it in. She didn’t seem overly sincere on this, so I explained how it can benefit us both to retake that test. I hope she gives us the chance. I thanked her for her time and for the business.

This is what I know per the tech, David.

The car was brought in on Saturday June 3rd, the vehicle was overheating and the customer requested a coolant flush. I can’t speak to the conversation had at the counter along the way as I have yet to speak to Jack. From what Dave tells me, he proceeded with the requested coolant flush as requested. During the flush the car had back pressure and would not operate properly. He finished the flush and used an air lift to pull air from the system. Concerned over the flow and back pressure, he chose try the tool that we have to test for exhaust gases present in the coolant. This test was positive with in seconds. I see notes on the ticket and an estimate for a head gasket repair.