Auto Select Stevens Point

TW
Tim W.
Neillsville, WI
05/22/2018
I had a piece of glass in a tire on a Saturday morning and I live out of town. I stopped at Mathews,closed. Fleet Farm said maybe get you in 90 minutes can you leave it, no. Went to Auto Select east side. The service writer apologized that he could not get to it immediately but suggested I visit their south side location. The service writer there was friendly, knowledgeable and she was very pleasant to work with. She got us in as even quicker then the 45 minute estimate. The technian was thorough and fast and explained what he had done and had us back on the road quickly. I highly recommend Auto Select for automotive needs. I will visit one of their locations again should the need arise.

David M.
03/21/2018
Trustworthy excellent service!
Doug, and Sue in Express and their team in Stevens Point WI have earned my trust because of their truthfulness in servicing my 2009 Toyota and best prices in central WI, I have made them MY MECHANIC for as long as I drive! I recommend you do the same!

WS
William S.
09/12/2017
Poor work and terrible customer service
I own a 2004 Lexus ES330 that I delivered to Auto Select, 3145 Church Street, Stevens Point, WI on August 23, 2017 to service a small transaxle leek (less than a 1” diameter spot per day on my driveway). I was told that the left axel shaft seal was leaking and for approximately $275.00 they could replace the seal. There was no mention that because it was a Lexus they would have any problems completing this repair. Therefore, I assumed they knew what they were doing and told them to go ahead with the repair. BIG MISTAKE!!

When I returned home with my repaired Lexus (about a 3-mile drive) the car left my property after being parked for 1 hour. My wife was traveling 100 miles to Madison, WI. After the car was gone I noticed a very large pool of transaxle fluid (approximately 10 inches in diameter) on the driveway where the car had been parked. The Lexus was now leaking much worse than before I took it to Auto Select for the repair. I contacted my wife after she reached Madison and requested her to move the vehicle to determine if fluid was leaking. She confirmed that there was a large amount of transaxle fluid that had leaked from the car.

I contacted Auto Select and spoke with Chris. He informed me that the car could be repaired in Madison under warrantee and gave me an 800 number to make the necessary arrangements. This number connected me with what I think was a NAPA warrantee center. After being on hold for 15 minutes or so I spoke to a gentleman and explained the situation. I was put on hold for another 15 minutes. The gentleman from the warrantee center found a repair center that would take my car. I located a towing service to tow the car to Badger Tire in Madison. For the car to be towed, a $98.12 charge had to be prepaid. I provided a personal credit card to pay this expense.

Badger Tire in Madison did a great job repairing the car. They told me that the Lexus needed a OEM axel seal and that the aftermarket seal that Auto Select installed would not have worked properly with this vehicle.

I don’t know if the Auto Select mechanic that installed this aftermarket seal compared the old seal with the new to make sure that he had a part that matched what he was replacing. And I don’t know if he took the time to road test the car after he completed replacing the seal. It only makes sense that given the size of this leak, if he had test-driven the car he would have seen that the new seal was permitting a substantial amount of transaxle fluid to escape.

On Monday August 28, I gave Chris at Auto Select a copy of the towing bill and told him that I also felt there should be some adjustment to what I paid for the initial repair due to the mistake and inconvenience caused by Auto Select. My wife was stuck in a Madison hotel for one full day without transportation. I also questioned Chris why Badger Tire would know to use the OEM seal and his mechanic did not. Chris had a lot of excuses for the work completed by his mechanic and attempted to justify Auto Selects’ lack of mechanical knowledge regarding my Lexus, but there would be no financial adjustment to me.

Chris told me that reimbursement for the towing expense would not be problem and he would give me a call within a couple of days to pick up a check for $98.12. I waited for his call for over a week, then stopped at Auto Select for the 2nd time on September 5th and talked to Chris. I was told that he would have a check for me that week and I was promised once again that he would call me. No call and no check that week. I made a 3rd trip to Auto Select on September 11th where I was met by a very rude and forceful Chris. He rudely informed me that I would get my money; O’Reilly Auto Parts was sending me a check for the towing. When I asked why he didn’t call me with that information he replied in a very sarcastic tone that he didn’t think he had to because I was at Auto Select every other day asking for my money. This is false.

My point is, when Auto Select has an employee:
• who thinks once a week is every other day,
• tries to intimidate me by accusing me of badgering their business for money that they owe me,
• fails to make one simple phone call in 3 weeks,
• is rude and sarcastic,
• will not take some responsibility for the businesses repair mistake,
• has no concern for the extreme inconvenience that their substandard work caused my wife and me, why would I or anyone else want to spend their hard-earned money at this repair center?

If Auto Select did not know how to repair my Lexus or the correct part to use on this vehicle, I should have been informed of this before the repair was started. Following the completion of their so called “repair” was not the time to inform me that they did not know what part to use because “it’s a foreign auto”. However, Auto Select did happily collect their money from me for the botched repair. Apparently, that is what was most important to them.

I will share my experience with everyone I know about the quality of work that I received and how I was treated by Auto Select. I will never use Auto Select service again and will never recommend this business to anyone!!!

Chris S.
Nissan Frontier 4WD
07/27/2017 Category: Service
Chris said he did not have any issues with this business.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 08/01/2017

Chris-
We appreciate your business. Thank you for the opportunity to repair your Frontier Truck.

SP
Shekming P.
Ford Windstar Wagon
07/27/2017 Category: Service
Shekming said they did a good job.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 08/01/2017

Shekming- Thank you for the review. We will continue to work hard at providing great service. We appreciate your business.

DZ
Dan Z.
Chevrolet Chevy Cargo Van
07/18/2017 Category: Service
Dan said they did really well.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 07/24/2017

Dan- Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business & will continue to do our best.

Don W.
Ford Econoline Wagon
07/17/2017 Category: Service
Don said this business did a very good job. He is a service man himself and said they were very professional.

Don-

GR
Gerald R.
GMC Envoy
07/13/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Gerald's wife. She said she was happy with this business and their service.

Gerald-
Thank you for allowing us to repair your Envoy. We appreciate the business & will continue to do our best.

Sierra H.
Bradenton, FL
07/13/2017 Category: Service
Sierra said this business was pleasant, quick, and affordable. She said everybody was really nice and patient. Everything was great.

Sierra-
Thank you for the review. We will continue to work hard at providing great service to serve your automotive needs.

BN
Bruce N.
Ford Taurus X
07/13/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Matt. He said the service was finished quickly.

Bruce-
Thank you for the review. We appreciated the opportuinity to service your vehicle.

LK
Lorraine K.
07/13/2017 Category: Service
Lorraine said this business did a good job. She said she didn't know when she was going to get her vehicle. There was a mix up with the communication but she was satisfied with the service.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 07/28/2017

Lorraine- Thank you for your business. We appreciated the opportunity to service your vehicle. Per our phone conversation, I again apologize for the confusion of getting you car back to you.

Don W.
Buick LaCrosse
07/13/2017 Category: Service
Don said this business has done a pretty good job for him.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 07/24/2017

Don- Thank you for your continued business over the years. We appreciate each opportunity you give us for your auto repair & service needs.

COBY and DANA S.
Weyauwega, WI
Nissan Titan
07/06/2017
Excellent Customer Service
Thanks again for all the excellent work all of you do for me. Service & Mechanics
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 07/07/2017

Coby & Dana- Thank you for the great review. We will continue to do our best to serve your repair & service needs.

DAVID H.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
06/29/2017
the people working there espically the manager
would not take my car any place else service is great personnel explain what need to be done in terms that I can understand keep up the good work
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/30/2017

David- Thanks for the great review. We will continue to do our best to serve your repair & service needs.

DK
Dan K.
Toyota Yaris
06/26/2017 Category: Service
Dan said the staff got the work done on time, and they communicated with him regarding the price.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/30/2017

Dan-
Thank you for the review. We appreciated the opportunity to repair your vehicle.

John W.
Iola, WI
Ford Club Wagon
06/24/2017 Category: Service
John said the gasoline ran out of his vehicle onto the ground because the business did not put the hose to the nozzle on correctly. He also said he had a AAA, 10 percent discount card and the business did not give him the discount.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/27/2017

John- We are truly sorry for any inconvenience the error in our repair caused you. That is why we had you bring the vehicle back immediately to correct the fuel leak problem & also reimbursed you for the fuel you lost. We will definitely reimburse you your AAA discount. The Service Writer who finalized your transaction may not have been aware of your membership if it was not mentioned when you picked up your vehicle. Please stop in for reimbursement. We truly appreciated the opportunity to service your vehicle & will stand behind our work.

Cindy M.
Ford Freestyle
06/23/2017 Category: Service
Cindy said this business figured out an issue with her vehicle that no one else could. They fixed it and it's been fine ever since.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/27/2017

Cindy-
Thank you for your feedback. We work very hard at providing great service & quality repairs. We truly appreciate your business.

MIKE B.
Chevrolet Pickup
06/22/2017
Checking out lights on dash board
They were able to let me know about the check engine light and the anti lock brake light
all was good not major problems.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/23/2017

Mike- We were happy to help. Thank you for trusting us with your service needs. We appreciate your business as always.

DF
DAN and KELLY F.
06/21/2017
Best Service
Best place to take vehicles for maintenance to get the most miles out of your car.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/22/2017

Dan & Kelly- Thank you for the review. We appreciate the opportunity to service your vehicle- Thanks also for referring the girls.

JIM L.
Chevrolet Caprice
06/20/2017
The Pros are on the Job at Auto Select
I was having a problem with my air conditioner and the man looked at the vehicle and was not ablle to identify what was causing the lost of freeon but provided a game plan to see what is wrong. I trust them.
Doug N., Owner/Operator from Auto Select Stevens Point responded on 06/21/2017

Jim-
Thanks for your confidence in us. We will be diligent in working hard to solve your A/C problem.