Automotive Experts of Maple Valley

Mary S. on 02/20/2017
"Insurance related repair"
I took my car over after discussing with the shop that this was an insurance job. After telling me that the part would arrive on the 14th they then said that it arrived "damaged". It was a wire. I called several times to check on the status. On the 17th they finally said my car was done. The insurance company had issued payment less my deductible directly to the shop. I explained that I would pay my deductible and also write a check for the balance that they could hold pending delivery of the insurance payment. I was told that they had to call the boss. I never received a call back. I called again at 5:28pm on the 17th. There was no answer although they are open until 5:30pm. I am a repeat customer. I have now contacted the insurance company to stop pay their check and to pay me directly. I will go to the shop today and pay this in full in order to get my car back. It was bittersweet to drive by it several times this weekend and see it parked outside the shop.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 02/17/2017
Review Created: 02/20/2017 06:57 AM
Earl B. on 03/05/2016
Earl said the check engine light was on and he was told it was a sensor. He took the vehicle to this business for repair but no diagnostic was done. The sensor in question was repaired. After repair, the check engine light came back on and he is not happy with the service he received.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/01/2016
Review Created: 03/05/2016
From Your Family A. at Automotive Experts of Maple Valley responded on 03/17/2016

Customer did self diagnostic with help from the autro parts store. We installed what he asked for  and check engine light returned. Customer  declined for us to diagnosic problem before doing the work .

Paul Bolte Sr
RAY P. on 08/29/2015
"1991 Nissan PATHFINDER - AIR CONDITIONING CONVERSION"
The jury is still out about how long my conversion will last. When I asked for the estimate to do the job, I was given $1300. Although higher than I wanted, I proceeded with the work. The job was completed in a reasonable amount of time (conversion kit and new compressor). A week after completion, an over pressure valve in the system blew open and dumped all the coolant. I returned it, and was told I needed to replace the over pressure port (cost $500). Ouch, but I was already into it for $1300, so proceeded with fix. Then during the fix, I was told another part in the system needed to be replaces (another $400). Another ouch, bigger this time.
I left feeling like I had been taken advantage of $2200+ spent on a $3000 vehicle. If I would have known it would be $2200, I wouldn't have done the job. Was I led down this path intentionally? I don't know. But I'm rethinking whether or not I want to business with you in the future.
Vehicle: Nissan Pathfinder