AA
Alexander A.
09/30/2019
Read the one stars! Not the 5 stars receiving discounts for positive reviews.
This location in Oswego, IL provided me with great quality work until about a year of me going here they went down hill. Inexperienced mechanics who break parts on your car and attempt to give it back broken until you notice your self.
The alignment was way off so I took it to another location they caused me of doctoring photos, this not being their shop, they finally called the “technician” who worked on my car and had a POW wow while I sat waiting for a half hour. The manager kept asking how much the other alignment was, why I went there, and finally said I need a receipt or I can’t help you.

The manager should have stated he needed a receipt from the beginning. This does not excuse that my alignment was off when I picked the car up. Honestly last time I will be going to Bartel’s. For a place that acts highly certified and like they are professional perhaps they could properly trim “technicians” how to do their work properly. Only people who are trained is managers to persuade you your car has other problems when it really just needs an actual certified technician to look at your vehicle!
Their prices are a few dollars under a dealerships price, the smarter choice is to just going to a dealership for your work or check other local locations.

Highly disappointed with my experience at this location as I have been here several times in the past year and I’m just now realizing they are just looking for a costumer to come back with new problems every month. Look for another cash cow. The owner of Bartel’s would be highly dis satisfied if he actually stepped foot in this place.

Check out suburban tire, firestone, or preferably Chevy,Ford, & other reputable dealers.

BW

Ken R.
Yorkville, IL
01/09/2019
No Integrity!!!!
When I brought my car here there was no damage to my vehicle... there own pre inspection reveals that, now there is a huge crack in windshield, and the Bartels are insisting that I created the crack 3 days earlier changing battery...and it took a while to reveal itself!!!!! Don't try Bartels

BW
Ben W.
08/23/2018
WAY too expensive for the parts/labor
Went in to replace a ball joint. Took about 1 hour and 30 minutes, the parts were $70 and labor was $330. I find that overpriced for an hour and a half, but I could live with it. My surprise was when i had got home and found that they broke off about 1/3rd of the wheel stud and decided not to let me know. I had a bad wheel bearing as well and they quoted $850 for it. $250 for parts and $600 for labor. I declined, and decided to do the bearing myself. The parts were $100 and all the tools to do it were about $100 as well. After doing the bearing myself and realizing that with the proper tools it doesnt take long, I feel that $600 for labor is borderline insulting.

Now for the reason I added a second star. They acted quite professional and were easygoing. Not rude in the slightest. Actually quite cool people. But their prices (at least for my situation) were unnecessarily high.

Mark M.
Plainfield, IL
03/06/2018
Bartels Auto Crooks
Mis-diagnosed vehicle issues tried to upsell un-necessary services.
Extremely un-recommended!!
Plainfield Illinois Store
No stars! Find another shop!

Scott M.
02/17/2016
EXPENSIVE
I had my brake lines replaced on my vehicle. They charged me 6.5 hours of labor for custom bending and installation for 6ft of line.

Richard S.
06/03/2015
230% markup on part
I will never, ever, ever step into a Bartels again. My wife's Caravan needed new rear brakes-$1189.22. On the receipt they gave the exact NAPA product numbers for the parts they replaced. The parts cost $326.45. They charged me $750.60, a markup of $424.15, or 230%.

If this sounds reasonable, go there. I have the receipts to prove it.

RO
Rick O.
Warrenville, IL
10/29/2011
Great Customer Service
The manner in which Jim provided customer service was outstanding, he explain all aspects of the problem and maintained constant updates as promised. I was very pleased with all.

Alma B.
10/19/2011
Fixing my truck with a SMILE :-)
I had my vehicles serviced there a few times and it has been great. Especially the service Dan, Adam and Jim provide, GREAT JOB!!!

Mark M.
Always Awesome
I have yet to come away disappointed from service or interaction at Bartels. Both friendly and professional, they set the standard for service.

PB
Pam B.
worth it!
VERY KNOWLEDGABLE. Made me feel important and not taken advantage of. Excellent payment plan option.

Robert S.
Schweickert - 2005 Nissan
I called on Saturday morning and they were able to get me in for an oil change at 1:30 that same day. As always, excellent service!

KG
Kumar G.
09/06/2011
Bartels Auto - Engine Tune Up...
Best estimate and customer service. I am a loyal customer based on their excellent service and the quality of repair work at a fraction of dealer cost.

KD
Kevin D.
08/27/2011
CHeck Engine light on
I've gone to Bartel's for quite some time now. NEVER feel ripped off. Always honest. Adam only wants to get me on my merry way.

Mike M.