Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5rating 4.35

Latest Review over 2 years ago

AC
ANTRON C.
DODGE CHARGER
02/26/2016 Category: Service
it's not so great bay automotive got paid near 3,000$ and the work was below satisfactory
I got a brand new bumper and grill. Well THE bumper should not have Scratches On it . And my hood is uneven the grill on my car is uneven like THEY just stuck it on there, being that I work 12hr days its hard for me to bring my car back up there when it shoulda been fix right the 1st time, thIs is a big inconvenience. The staff in the front office are nice ppl that was the only plus with my experience

GJ
GILLIAN J.
HONDA CIVIC SDN
07/16/2015 Category: Service
nice location, ok work done
I got into a car crash and it took a month and a half for them to finish my car. I called a few times and I was time a few more days 3 times over 6 weeks. Took way to long to get my car fixed

GH
GAIL H.
TOYOTA AVALON
12/11/2014 Category: Service
Customer Service So-So
Was dissapointed in the front office lack of friendliness, they failed to make me feel comfortable in leaving my vehicle in their hands.

LOUIS B.
CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
11/19/2014 Category: Service
wrong parts and poor workmanship
Poor workmanship and incorrect parts used

SK
SHEENA K.
SAAB 9-3 AERO
07/10/2014 Category: Service
Take your care somewhere else
I unfortunately have had to take my car here several times because its the only place in the area that honors by car warranty. The next closest place is in Richmond 1.5 hrs ago. I just picked up my car from having service. They had my 6 days. They did not change the oil as I requested. I even asked Bobby (the service associate) at time of pick-up and he said they did. I was not charge for an oil change but it also was not done. They were also suppose to find AC leak or refill the AC because I have a slow AC leak. The AC was also next checked or refilled. They did 2 out of the 4 repairs. Then, they failed to give me back my warranty paperwork and asked that I come back to the shop to pick it up. I asked if it could please be mailed. Bobby said he didn't think he mailed paperwork back to customers. I now have to take off work to drive an hour to pick-up my paperwork that you failed to give me. They were also suppose to call and update me about my car on Thursday and Monday by the end of the day which they failed to do. This is my third visit that I have not been impressed with. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

WL

CHARLES H.
DODGE CARAVAN
04/11/2014 Category: Service
Long wait for repairs
During inspection, a problem was found. Took vehicle in for repair, and got it back 15 days later! Was told since my repair tied up the only lift, they kept putting other work ahead of mine. Caused me a lot of heartache! I was very disappointed with the long delay, lack of communication, and the explanation for the delay.If they do not have enough equipment to do the service in a timely manner, say so, and I would take it where they do!

JOSEPH DYLAN M.
KIA SPECTRA
12/28/2013 Category: Service
Got my appointment date wrong
I made an appointment for a Thursday. I get a call Thursday, a couple of hours before my appointment, saying that it was for Friday. They tell me to come anyway that same day. And when I get there my service was gonna take longer because "I wasn't scheduled for that day"
It wasn't my mistake, it was theirs. So why did I have to suffer the consequences?
And the service guy was rude. Seriously, they need more friendly people.

GR
GAYLE S R.
KIA SORENTO
11/14/2013 Category: Service
Bad Timing
I had a scheduled appt at 1:00 - I arrived at 12:30 - everything was good. Well by 4:00 I went to shop, saw my vehicle sitting there, for how long I don't know. What I did see was the guy who checked me in fumbling around, frustrated that the phone kept ringing and still fumbling to get me out of there. Then he had to call his boss who was at a doctors appt and still more fumbling and discussion about my ticket, which I thought was pretty straight forward. I didn't get out of there until I believe 4:30 for what was supposed to be some simple work. oil chg, tire rotation, new wiper blades, apply rain x to windshield and I still paid for the replacement of 2 filters. So I spent the bulk of my Veterans day in the waiting room. I was very disappointed in his lack of professional demeanor and the time I spent there. He never came to me and said he was having any issues with my ticket until I came out of the waiting area. As far as recommending anyone - I'm not checking either - perhaps it was the moment, but, nonetheless I was totally unhappy, tired and hungry. Happy Veterans Day to me.............

CR
CLIFFORD A R.
SAAB 9-3 AERO
11/12/2013 Category: Service
Watch Out
Slow service, will try to sell you maintenance packages that you obviously do not need. Who needs their spark plugs changed and fluids flushed at 28k miles? Really???

TC
TRAVIS L C.
SAAB 9-5
08/30/2013 Category: Service
Not Customer friendly
Not very helpful people when it comes to asking questions...seemed like they were ready to go home before time. I get better service at Hall Nissan then what I have experience at bay KIA/Saab

VN
VALERIE N.
MAZDA MX6
07/13/2013 Category: Service
took way too long
I was in for an inspection, told it would take an hour, took over 2 1/2 hours.

BETH B.
Edenton, NC
KIA SOUL
06/26/2013 Category: Service
Wait was forever
Took my car in for just a mileage reading and it took them 2 hrs just to confirm my mileage. Something that normally takes 10 mins turned into hours! Wasnt impressed at all.

TF
THOMAS F.
KIA SOUL
06/06/2013 Category: Service
Recall Part Replacement
Waited in-house for recall part to be replaced. Part was defective; no other parts in stock. I have to make a second trip.

Staff was cordial and apologetic, but it's still time wasted...and frustrating.

I hope the Parts Department has more than one in stock when I return to have it replaced.

RICK H.

FERDINAND V H.
KIA SPORTAGE
04/24/2013 Category: Service
Cost of Labor
I like the old guys there better; more efficient and faster.
They didn't tell me the high cost of labor just to put the tail light and the wiper, it's 50 dollars. I could have done it myself.

I thought the $19 for oil change and the $16 for state inspection are inclusive of labor.

$50 dollars for putting the bulb in taililight and putting a new wiper.
Lisa P. from Bay Automotive responded on 04/25/2013
Thank you for your review. We do value your feedback. Kim Evans, our Service Manager was originally here for 4 years and she has now returned to the Bay family. I will ask her to contact you with regards to your concerns. I do hope you will continue to come to Bay Kia for your future service needs. Kind Regards, Lisa Peterson - Administrative Assistant.