Bercher Tire & Service Center

Latest Review over 4 years ago

James C.
10/09/2014 Category: Service
James said they could not tell him which part needed to be changed. He had to change out the whole system, so he was disappointed with the cost.

KH
Kyle H.
Fort Smith, AR
05/07/2014 Category: Service
Kyle said this business is too expensive.
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 05/28/2014

Kyle,
  Have to admit. I just do not get it. Our entire program is based on maintaining your vehicle better than any other shop in town. To do this we give a FREE inspection every time we see the vehicle for Our Everyday Lube Oil Filter Special. By routinely inspecting the vehicle, we can catch things before they go bad and keep up with the vehicle maintenance. Sounds like a good plan...huh?
  Well we received from you the second lowest score possible because of the inspection.....not because we did any of the repairs and/or services but simply because we found several services or repairs the vehicle needs....and you mentioned timing belt......our records show that in 2010 we were given the information that the timing belt had been done at 156,000 miles and would therefore not be due until 256,000 miles.....and the other puzzling issue....we haven't even seen this vehicle since March 2012.....and we get a terrible "reputation busting" 2 rating for a vehicle we did nothing to....two years ago......
  You know.....I certainly appreciate your business. I certainly appreciate your family's business. I would respectfully ask that you re-consider this rating. I take our customer service ratings very seriously and feel this one is undeserved.
Thanks,
Kim Bercher

STEVE S.
Ratcliff, AR
02/21/2014
Not happy with this misquote!
I have a mixed review about Bercher. I worked with Kim Bercher on my wife's vehicle and he made sure and let me know the price upfront. I then brought my truck in as Kim was leaving to take care of another customer, leaving me to deal with David. He was disorganized and it took him along time to even start my quote, and then he didn't listen to the mechanic or myself when he was told what the truck needed. We discussed my quote in detail because it was added expense I didn't plan on. I asked him if that was the total price and he assured it was. I went to pay and total was higher than originally quoted by almost $400. I asked for somethings to be done to the truck to my understanding that included in the price. When I questioned him about my bill he changed saying that no we didn't figure a total. He then discounted my ticket by $59.99 to help, but I am still not happy. I feel if you need something go to Kim Bercher and no one else there.
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 02/24/2014

I am totally lost. During the entire process we talked. We knew it would be almost $1300 before the brakes were found which added another $250. We also discussed everything before taxes. The total was almost $1700 and I do think there was a slight misunderstanding of a 59.95 alignment charge plus tax which I undertsood and corrected by crediting the charge off of the invoice. I knew everything was fine when you came back to my sales office and apologized to me about your outburst over the alignment fee misunderstanding. We shook hands and I thanked you for your business and apologized for the misunderstanding. All seemingly was well and correct. Then I receive a terrible review basically accusing me of stealing $400. Then I called you and all you suddenly remember is the quote before the tires were removed and your brakes we found to be worn out. And Kim and I both remember you specifically saying that this is going to get us up around 16 or 17 hundred dollars .... now the work is completed, the invoice is paid and we were suppose to be $400 dollars less?? I am totally lost. We take our business and the way we treat our customers very seriously. That's why we have a 97% approval rating and no one saying we are misquoting them out of hundreds of dollars. I am totally lost. But I would sure like to know what happened to cause another outburst.

PL
Phillip L.
RAM 1500
07/17/2013 Category: Service
Phillip said when he got his vehicle after his last service, lug nuts were left in the seat and his glove box was left open. Due to this visit he would not recommend them, but he is willing to give them another chance since he usually has good service here. He said they are a little high priced.
Dave R. from Bercher Tire & Service Center responded on 07/19/2013
Philip, thanks you for your business. I am sorry we didn't quite get everything put back in place on your last visit. As I said when we talked earlier.... my son works with us now. He's worked with us during the summers for years but has recently graduated from high school and become our tire technician. He will learn and one day be an ASE Certified Master Technician. But as for today, we must work on paying attention to detail. Not putting the wheel lock key back where it belongs won't cut it at Bercher Tire. We will just keep trying harder. Again, thank you for your business. David Rollins