Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

SK
Salih K.
03/09/2019 Category: Service
Salih said it was communicated his oil change would be $33 but it was over $40. He was not given a reason for the price increase.

Toyota Avalon
02/04/2019
was great
It hard to find a good mechanic these days .

CURTIS H.
Ford Police Interceptor
01/10/2019
Unresolved issue
Unfortunately my last experience was longer then expected with problem not being resolved. Multiple attempts and costly repairs with condition still existing. Confidence level that they can fix it has me concerned about taking it back but money spent on previous work with out problem solved leads me back to them for resolution.

Sonne B.
Newport News, VA
Kia Spectra
01/02/2019 Category: Service
Sonne said they did a pretty good job.

Connie M.
Cadillac DeVille
07/03/2018
the place is thorough and does a good job.
I am a bit disappointed because I was charged for three hours to replace an Alternator when I have learned that it takes one hour or a little more to do so. So i feel that i was overcharged at about $200.00 per hour for the three hours.

CO
CHERYL O.
Nissan Versa
05/02/2018
service review
The work was done in a timely manner, but I would have liked to have someone explain more to me the work that was done to repair my a/c and why it had to be done. The repair was costly, so I would have liked more information, and there was no mention of any kind of a warranty on the work.

Daryl W.
Wakefield, VA
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Darly said the service they provide is okay and he would recommend this business for service.

JOHN W.
Honda Accord
08/21/2016
Very reasionalbe service
Great communications and informative diagnosis.

RAY M.
Newport News, VA
08/02/2016
Repair worked
Able to repair cooling fan. Shop was not very familiar with my Toyota product. Had to return when initial repair had to be corrected. Driver's seat smudged with grease that needed to be cleaned when vehicle was returned after repair correction.

CHARLES W.
Yorktown, VA
Chevrolet Pickup
06/03/2016
Ac work
The last time I brought this truck in for a ac charge only I was told my system was basically shot at 85,000miles in May of 04 got fixed for 1200.00
Came in again for same thing plus high speed blower not working / & again compressor was said to be bad / 1351.01 quote price / just thinking about it this time . (????)

JIM D.
04/18/2016
2007 Nissan Altima SL
In that I had 2 recommendations from other auto repair facilities that these guys were the best in A/C problem resolution, was disappointed that it took them so long to identify and eventually correct the problem (to date). Not sure all the work that was done was necessary had the problem been more carefully assessed in the beginning.

TP
Thomas P.
Plymouth Neon
04/09/2016 Category: Service
Thomas said the problem was not identified and may or may not come back. This facility is the best air condition repair facility in the area but the most expensive. He recommends them if someone has a complicated issue but does not recommend otherwise because they are expensive.

Calvin S.
04/09/2016 Category: Service
Calvin said for the amount of time spent on the vehicle, he was a little surprised at the cost of labor he was charged for the service.

IM
Irene M.
Carrollton, VA
01/12/2016
Long wait on phone and closed early before I could pick up my car
I had good past experiences taking my Honda Pilot to Bill Smith's Auto because of their friendly customer service and better rates than Priority Honda. My recent experience was not so. I took our Honda in for some engine noise and left the car there so they could look into it first thing in the morning. When I called to see what they found, it had not even been looked at and they were just going to take it for a drive that afternoon. They called us back about an hour later and told me what was wrong. I had to talk it over with my husband because it cost a lot of money to fix. When my husband called back, they kept him on the phone waiting for an answer for close to 15 minutes while they were taking care of other customers. It would have been nice if they had offered to call him back. He was not pleased. We decided to go ahead and get the problem fixed and they called me at around 4pm that day for pick-up. I was in the middle of a long dental procedure and would not be able to get my car before they closed at 5pm. They said I could pick it up between 8 and 11am the next day. I was running late the next morning but called twice before 11 to tell them I was on my way and would get there before 11am. No one answered the phone. When I got there with my son at 10:55am, the place was already shut down. The sign on the door said "closed" and the steel gates were already locked with my car on the other side. I had to wait until Monday and ask my neighbor to take me to pick up my car. When I mentioned that I tried picking up my car on Saturday but they were closed, the man was defensive and said he was there until 11am, which simply was NOT true because I was there at 10:55am with my son to verify that he closed early.

GH
Gwendolyn H.
Chrysler Sebring
12/22/2015
customer service of wrecker driver not appropoachable/not friendly
communication between pickup driver and unclear. never knew when auto was taken from Pomoco to next destination

SR
STEVEN R.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
08/18/2015
Convient location and competent service technicians
The service technicians are very knowledgeable on all aspects of vehicle maintenance. However, the ever increasing labor rate is making auto repair a severe cost burden. The rate is slightly cheaper than a dealership. It would help if a longer labor warranty was made available (say 24 months/24,000 mi).

Connie M.
Cadillac DeVille
08/04/2015
1999 concours cadillac
I hear noise in the car engine it stops and starts .
Connie

Jake S.
Jeep Cherokee
06/22/2015 Category: Service
Jake said the last time he was at the business, they pulled a rubber section from a line of to fix his air conditioner. That section was replaced two years ago. He asked the staff if the other side should be replaced since it was the original part and had never blown out. He was told it would be ok. Within minutes of starting his vehicle, the rubber section he requested to change blew out. He now has to pay to have the service performed again. He would not recommend the business because of what has already been shared. He has found a local business to do the additional work because he has to drive for an hour to get to this business.
Ronny from Bill Smith's Auto & Air responded on 06/24/2015

I have instructed my staff to be more cautious in situations like this. Obviously we cannot make such judgment calls with a visual inspection. I have printed your comments and in the future will make available to any customers that ask for such judgment calls. I am sorry for this.
Let me know in what way I can help.

RT
Rebekah T.
06/18/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Russell. He said everyone was really nice and helpful but the cost of the repairs was too much. They were not able to have his vehicle fixed.