II
Inez I.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/29/2020 Category: Service
Good place but....
Can we get some chairs outside for the people who don’t mind waiting? 🥺 I’ll bring my own sani wipes 🙂

Steve H.
San Marcos, CA
2016 Hyundai Elantra
10/27/2020 Category: Service
See prior comments
See prior comments.
JAMEY W. from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 10/27/2020

Hello Steve,

Thank you for having your vehicle serviced at Bob Baker Hyundai and for providing this review. Recommending working that is not necessary is unacceptable and we will review this matter with our team. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We also noted the other concerns you mentioned to address with our management staff for improvements.

(760)929-4900

GH
Greg H.
10/23/2020
What am I missing???
First, I don't think I have ever left a negative review on any businesses website or Yelp, preferring instead to take it up directly with the owner/ manager. But this is a special case.

After waiting for several weeks to get my Huynadai in for service based on their backlog (I guess a good problem for them), they pre-charge me several hundred dollars just to scope the work, only then to tell me they don't have the parts (a radiator hose can clamp...really?), and it would take several days to get those parts in. I informed the service rep that I couldn't be without a car for that long, so order the parts and I'll bring the car back in a couple of days. Nope...I would have to go to the back of the cue again and reschedule with a several week delay. What? I just paid you $250 to tell me what's wrong and now I'm put into service purgatory. It gets better....

I don't wait and I take my car to my local mechanic...who proceeds to tell me that it is not the radiator hose at all, but it does need a new clamp. It is the full transmission which has dropped more fluid in the pan than a turkey being basted in the oven. It is under warranty, so I'm left to either assume Bob Baker didn't want to do it (dishonesty) or didn't see it (incompetence). Either way, they've lost the business on my two Hyundais for life. There's my first negative review.
JAMEY W. from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 10/23/2020

Hello Greg,

Thank you for using our service department to diagnose your vehicle concerns and for providing this review so we can take corrective action with our team. I want to extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience we caused you. Please let me know if you are available to discuss this matter in more detail for a satisfactory resolution.

(760)929-4900

2013 Hyundai Veloster
10/16/2020 Category: Service
Excellent customer service.
Overall customer service is outstanding.

San Diego, CA
10/15/2020 Category: Service
Timing and cleaning
Need improvement
JAMEY W. from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 10/17/2020

Hello,

Thank you for servicing your vehicle at Bob Baker Hyundai and for providing us with feedback about your experience so we can take corrective actions. We apologize for the delay you had during the check in process. We are in the process of hiring additional team members and have advised our custodian team to clean the temporary outside waiting area hourly.

2012 Hyundai Tucson
10/14/2020 Category: Service
Great.
Ease of service during this COVID-19 Pandemic. Professional. Good communication updates. Uber service. Quality service.

GK
Service is excellent

2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
10/10/2020 Category: Service
Poor Warranty repairs
Will not honor the warranty repairs
THOMAS C B. from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 10/29/2020

Ms. Miller-Wing,

Hi, thank you for your time to fill out the survey, it plays an important role towards our goal of having completely satisfied customers.  I will have your service consultant reach out to remedy any concerns and make sure you had a 5-star experience.  We appreciate your business.

Thanks for your Time,

Thomas Bassett

760-929-4900

San Marcos, CA
10/08/2020 Category: Service
B B Hyundai Service
Great service from making an appt, checkin,
and timely return of your car.

PC
Philip C.
2020 Hyundai Kona
10/05/2020 Category: Service
My Hyundai is a great car
I love my Hyundai, it is a very good car, very reliable and gets good mileage. It has very good safety sensors, brakes well with plenty of power so that I feel confident on the road. It also looks good and has plenty of carrying capacity. The controls and center console menu is easy to understand, and if I have a question, the friendly staff at Bob Baker Hyundai are always friendly and eager to answer any question.

Tamela B.
2012 Hyundai Accent
10/02/2020 Category: Service
Great!
Excellent as always.

Dani S.
10/01/2020
Poor Communication
My appointment was rescheduled due to a breakin on their property; not an issue. I tried to call in twice to reschedule with being on hold for over 6+ minutes. Again...not a huge deal. I opted to make one on line and called back later in the day to see if an earlier time was available - it was not. I pulled up today and waited 25+ minutes in my car just to be checked in (my appt was at 1030am). After I was checked in I was told 1:15 and my car will be done; I updated my phone number since I had my work phone. I then notice signs all over stating that their lobby was closed. I was misinformed and was told "it was around the corner of the building". So I followed their direction (zero signage) and walked in the side door and sat down. I was informed that the lobby was closed and the waiting area was outside. I grabbed my belonging and headed outside. No shade at all for this hot day. From drop off to pick up I waited over two hours - not once being informed at all on the progress of my car.

I'm an annoyed and frustrated. I fully understand that times are different with the pandemic and we all have to adjust. However, when I called I should have been told at that point that their lobby was closed and there is a waiting area outside ONLY. Additionally - adding signage - even taped to the door directing people would be helpful. Lastly - if you say you are going to do something - I expect you do it. I provided a new phone number twice and a text was sent to the wrong one. "The person you told that to is on lunch..." is not an answer; that should have been listed in the work order notes. I worked in Customer Service for over 9 years. Follow through is EVERYTHING.
Do better about informing your customers.

Marsha P.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/21/2020 Category: Service
Always consistent and on time. No pressure and always helpful.

2015 Hyundai Genesis
09/19/2020 Category: Service
Happy
Have nothing more to ssy

Robert H.
09/18/2020 Category: Service
Repair of Sonata
I really appreciate that Bob Baker Hyundai mechanics is working hard to get the car repaired and keeping us informed of the repairs. I really appreciate this very much, great communication.

09/18/2020 Category: Service
Cooling system repair
I am not happy about the mechanics job of not doing the job properly
GR
Gillian M R., Parts and Service Director from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 09/21/2020

Thank you Mr. Hoy for your feedback, obviously getting you right back into the loaner car was top priority last week. We will continue to look into this intermittent overheating issue, I am so sorry that the car was released back to her with that continued issue. Instead of doing one road test after repair, we will do several to ensure completion.

Tom will keep you updated throughout the process today

Gillian Roberts