Doris D.
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
02/14/2020 Category: Service
I feel very confident with the service provide by Hyundai Carlsbad. They have a great teamwork.
GILLIAN M R., Parts and Service Director from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 02/19/2020

Thank you for the 5-star review. We greatly appreciate the feedback and thank you for choosing Bob Baker Hyundai for your vehicle service needs.

Jennifer S.
2019 Hyundai Accent
02/14/2020 Category: Service
The service was prompt and the wait time wasnt bad.

PW
Patricia W.
Good service.
Tom was great. SUV was ready way early. Everything was taken care and even the things that I added.

GA
Gerry A.
2011 Hyundai Genesis
02/12/2020 Category: Service
Always good service and a comfortable lounge area while waiting.
I have always been satisfied with the service. The only service this time was a wash. And I have a suggestion that should be passed on to all the workers who wash cars. Immediately after the car wash, as I received my car to leave, I saw that the XM radio was malfunctioning. It was not receiving any signals, the display was saying that no channels were authorized. Although I could attempt to tune the radio, and the display would temporarily show the channel I selected, it would soon revert to channel 53, where it wanted to stay. Still no sound, and still saying that no channels were authorized, but stubbornly insisting on remaining on channel 53. All very curious operations. It remained in this condition for some time, but by the next day, all was normal and functioning perfectly.
I checked the Genesis internet owner forum and found other owners reporting that moisture was seeping under the shark fin antenna gasket and causing the XM radio to malfunction. Sure enough, I can see a slight bit of looseness on the antenna on my Genesis. So I am certain this is the source of the problem. Note that when I wash the car at home, I do not use a high pressure washer. Also the car stays in the garage and rarely is out in the rain. So it makes sense that I have not encountered the issue before. I suggest that you advise all the workers who wash cars to avoid any action that creates excess water or pressure on the sharkfin antennas. You never know when one may be loose. Thanks

Susan C.
San Diego, CA
Long Wait Time/Good Staff & Communication
Although I think the time in for service was too long (4 days) the staff, both Travis and Tom were pleasant to work with, provided regular communication, and kept me informed. In the end Hyundai properly diagnosed the issue, which required me to bring the car back to the body shop who did the original repairs on the blind spot detection system which failed numerous times since a minor fender bender in Sept 2018. I hope this issue is finally resolved.

Had I known how difficult the safety technologies are to repair, I might not have gotten them when I purchased the car.

I was satisfied with the staff, just not the length of time they had my car. Seems better scheduling might help in that Hyundai isn’t working on so many vehicles at a time.

Wasted time in service
Took 6 hours to get a diagnosis from drop off appointment time. Then took 2 days to get a part delivered. Then another day to actually do the work. They had my car for 4 days and probably only did 5 or 6 hours of work on it. Unacceptable.
Gillian M R., Parts and Service Director from Bob Baker Hyundai responded on 02/12/2020

Thank you for your feedback Ms. Carnevale. I am sorry, you are dissatisfied with the time line. Yes, it takes 2 days to get special order parts, that is certainly not out of the ordinary. You brought your vehicle in for an issue that was caused by an accident and an improper repair performed by your body shop that repaired your car. We performed all the proper diagnosis, and advised you as to our findings, at the end of the day, you elected to not have your vehicle repaired after all and took it back to your body shop. I hope that when you took it back to the body shop that they were able to take care of you.

For this type of concern and repair, 1 day for diagnosis, 2 days to get special order parts, and 1 day for installation, is not an abnormal time line to expect, which is also why we helped you out with getting a special rate on a rental car while we worked on your car and made you aware of the timeline up front.  I know that being without your car is frustrating for everyone, as we really rely on them on our day to day lives, and we do everything we can to try to get them back to our customers as quickly as possible.

Apart from your dissatisfaction from the timeliness of receiving the parts here, and advising you of our findings that required you to take your car back to the body shop, were you satisfied with your treatment by your service consultant, Travis, while the vehicle was here.?

760-929-4900

John K.
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Best dealer for service
If you want your Hyundai serviced by true professionals then take it to Bob Baker Hyundai in Carlsbad as their technicians are the best around and the service you get there is both top notch and personal.

Janet S.

Thanks

Ryan M.
2019 Hyundai Tucson
02/11/2020 Category: Service
Excellent service, everything was explained to me in detail. They were courteous of my time as well.

KC
Kelsey C.
2011 Hyundai Tucson
02/11/2020 Category: Service
Great service at Bob Baker Hyundai! They took car of my car and all the problems, while helping me with any questions I had.

GB
Grady B.
02/10/2020 Category: Service
Tom Bassett the Best
Tom always goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable and that he really cares about you and your car maintenance.
I have dealt with Tom since my first Hyundai back in 2012.

Great Person and Great Representative for Hyundai.

2015 Hyundai Veloster
02/08/2020 Category: Service
Always great service

2020 Hyundai Kona
02/07/2020 Category: Service
Great Experience
Had windows tinted. Employees were courteous and professional.

Tamela B.
2012 Hyundai Accent
02/07/2020 Category: Service
Consistently great service
Thanks for taking me on same day, walk-in. Really needed to get back on the road!

PL