JOEY P.
05/22/2019
Last minute fix...
These guys are amazing my front passenger window was broken and stuck in the down position. There was talk of rain coming soon. I knew I had to get moving and find a mechanic in the Carlsbad area that could cater to my needs. I contacted Dave and he Saw me right away. The window is fixed in no time and the staff was completely amazing. I recommend Davis to anybody and everybody even if you live in Los Angeles you should come down to Dave’s and take a vantage of their hospitality and amazing work.

CRAIG S.
Chevrolet Cruze
05/22/2019
Bad Valve cover gone good
Check engine light came on, car was idling a rough. Mileage about 65000 so I figured some kind of tune up. After initial check my valve cover needed replacing, I got what I thought was a fair price for the services I ok'd. When I went to pick up my car and pay for my services my payment was almost $100.00 less than quoted . The service manager said he found better prices for parts and passed the savings back to me. I was astounded! Car is running great now.

JJ
JOHN J.
Ford Fiesta
05/18/2019
Good work. Fair price.
Did oil, filter and lube for my Ford. It still runs and they did not try to sell me anything. Not bed for 30 bucks.

IB
Isabel B.
Mazda CX-5
05/16/2019 Category: Service
Isabel said the staff was helpful and did as asked.

RICHARD S.
04/19/2019
Friendly Professional Service
I have been going to Dave's Better Auto Repair for about two years. They are very personable, professional and fair. They don't try to up sale you. They have always respected my Toyota Tacoma needs. The owner, Rich, is very approachable and values customer service. I highly recommend him and his staff. Carlsbad is lucky to have a business that values relationships with their customers.

LQ
Lauren Q.
04/18/2019 Category: Service
Lauren said the staff provided good customer service in a timely manner.

DO
DALE O.
04/17/2019
See comments below
Great friendly, professional competent repair service on my Ford Fusion .
Problem diagnosed and repaired in a fraction of the time that in would have taken the FoMoCo garage to do the fix.
Thank you for a job well done.

JJ
JAKE J.
San Diego, CA
04/17/2019
Great honest work
Normally you hear about mechanics ripping you off. Not this place. After they charged me they called me back letting me know there was an invoice error and I was to be refunded. Truck runs great.

David M.
04/10/2019 Category: Service
David said the business does good work at a reasonable price.

RJ
RJ J.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
04/06/2019
Always Professional
Thank you Rich and everyone at Daves Better Auto Repair .. You guys did a great job at a reasonable price ..

RA
Ron A.
INFINITI QX60
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Ron said the staff had a decent price, were very courteous, and were great. They're nice people, and he's happy with the service.

GR
GUNNER R.
Buick Park Avenue
03/31/2019
Excellence
I know that my vehicle gets the best attention and therefore they provide the very best. Prices are in line with the work that is provided.

03/29/2019
50K checkup
Honest and friendly staff that do quality work. They are upfront about any additional work needed. Their waiting area is comfortable but they are just a few blocks from Carlsbad Village so you can walk there while you vehicle is being serviced.

CHUCK W.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
03/13/2019
got me in and out in good time
New guy at the counter Jose is good he seems to know what he,s talking about. Back room guys are friendly and effecient.

STEPHANIE S.
Oceanside, CA
Honda Civic Sedan
03/06/2019
Amazing as always
Every time I come here, I never regret it. Great people and even better work!

David B.
Chevrolet Traverse
03/01/2019 Category: Service
David said the business got him in and out quickly and stuck to the price they quoted for the service.

CJ
Chase J.
Kia Rio
02/27/2019 Category: Service
Chase said the staff were good people. The business was conveniently located.

SP
STEVEN P.
Ford Police Interceptor
02/26/2019
Truck radiator leak
Awesome work. Quality and timely.

ANTHONY S.
Oceanside, CA
02/26/2019
Top Notch!
Great service, Great people, Fair prices.
That’s why I’ve been going to Daves Better Auto Repair for the last 9 years!

CT
CLIFF T.
Ford Econoline Wagon
02/22/2019
Ripoff
I took my carpet cleaning Van into your shop 2 weeks ago because my breaks were going out. You guys diagnosed it as a master cylinder that was leaking into the booster and wanted to charge me $1,100 out the door.

I thought that might be a little pricey so i looked up how much the parts were and the cost of the parts was only $150. If you charge me double for the part that would be $300 plus labor.

I had someone else look at it and the booster didnt even need to be replaced and i only paid $320 out the door for parts and labor.

How were you guys justifying charging me $1,100? It seems to me like you were trying to charge me 3 times what i should be paying for the service.

I feel like i should review your company online so you wont try and rip people off anymore. You can make this right by giving me my $58 back. 7604022077
The Team at Daves B. from Daves Better Auto Repair responded on 02/22/2019

I called the customer and thanked him for the review. But for his safty I  informed him that once the master leaks into the booster the rubber is conaminated you can't just suck the fluid out.The booster is going to fail and you will not have power brakes. I hope he takes my advice or do more research for his safety.