CT
CLIFF T.
Ford Econoline Wagon
02/22/2019
Ripoff
I took my carpet cleaning Van into your shop 2 weeks ago because my breaks were going out. You guys diagnosed it as a master cylinder that was leaking into the booster and wanted to charge me $1,100 out the door.

I thought that might be a little pricey so i looked up how much the parts were and the cost of the parts was only $150. If you charge me double for the part that would be $300 plus labor.

I had someone else look at it and the booster didnt even need to be replaced and i only paid $320 out the door for parts and labor.

How were you guys justifying charging me $1,100? It seems to me like you were trying to charge me 3 times what i should be paying for the service.

I feel like i should review your company online so you wont try and rip people off anymore. You can make this right by giving me my $58 back. 7604022077
The Team at Daves B. from Daves Better Auto Repair responded on 02/22/2019

I called the customer and thanked him for the review. But for his safty I  informed him that once the master leaks into the booster the rubber is conaminated you can't just suck the fluid out.The booster is going to fail and you will not have power brakes. I hope he takes my advice or do more research for his safety.

SHARON B.
Nissan 350Z
10/04/2019
I appreciated the time spent on my vehicle. Thank you
Unfortunately I’ve been researching online and have found that my repair was actually fixable. Because your service writer was a former Nissan employee I feel it slanted the objectivity to do the same research. The reason dealerships charge several thousand dollars for this part to be replaced is because they don’t understand or have proper training to find and fix this. If I had listened to your service writer I would have had two choices. One to spend thousands to replace the entire motor. Or two...sell the car. Neither is the solution. But at the end of the day you did give me some of your time and for that I’m grateful. You all seem like honest people but if I’m honest I don’t think this was the best.

ROBERT H.
12/08/2018
Dave is changing
Sevice is different now, not sure what has changed but will no longer continue to go to Dave’s

CHRIS C.
Vista, CA
Kia Optima
01/08/2019
Not sure
I got an oil change yesterday, around with having my air filter replaced.
They told me my front brakes needed replacing.
So I brought my car back today. A few hours later they carried to day they misspoke and my REAR brakes needed repair. I had them do it.
When I paid my invoice said, among other things, they said my air filter was dirty..... The same air filter I paid them for yesterday! Did they not give me a new one or do they just try to upsale customers and forgot I had it done the day before??
I'll be going in tomorrow to find out.
3 stats because it could be an honest mistake.... But I'm suspicious...

RN
RICK N.
Jeep Cherokee
04/01/2018
fuel pump replacement
They did a great job, though I was told it would only take an hour and I was charged for 2

AD
Alex D.
Carlsbad, NM
Dodge Dakota
11/24/2017 Category: Service
Alex said this business is not professional, not knowledgeable or honest. He didn't like the customer service at this business.

TN
Tyler N.
Jeep Patriot
08/20/2020 Category: Service
Tyler said the he was confused at first but the business explained it to him.

NS
Nathan S.
Oceanside, CA
Ram 1500
08/19/2020 Category: Service
Nathan said he'd recommend business for service.

FS
Fernando S.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
07/22/2020 Category: Service
Fernando would recommend this business for service.

DK
DAVID K.
Nissan Frontier 4WD
06/17/2020
Honest
I have taken my truck here for past ten years. Always received good work and honest answers.

MT
Micheal T.
California
03/31/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Natalie. She said this business did a pretty good job, but it wasn't as clean as their last service provider.

PM
PATRICK M.
03/29/2020
Service and availability were excellent. We will definitely use your shop again. Thanks.
Service was timely and professional.

KW
Kyle W.
09/20/2019 Category: Service
Kyle said the business did not charge a lot and they did alignment and shims. He is going to call them about the shims making a plunking noise.

San Diego, CA
01/11/2019
Personable and friendly staff.
Will (senior mechanic) is honest and always offers a fair price. However, they are now under new management as Dave passed away about a year ago and Will no longer works there. I hope their great service stays the same.

LF
Lauren F.
Honda Accord
12/20/2018 Category: Service
Lauren said she would recommend this business for service.