Overall Rating 2.66667/5Overall Rating 2.66667/5rating 2.66667rating 2.66667rating 2.66667

LE
LELIA E.
Weston, MA
10/21/2017
Not happy with end result!
I brought in used muffler parts (resonator and muffler and one piece of pipe) that my son had purchased for his newly-purchased used car. I did not know the parts had been cut open and would render the car unable to get an inspection sticker! The only new piece that I purchased from BM&B was a flex pipe that sloppily welded on. I left with a car that turned heads as I drove away, would not pass inspection, and all for $780! I eventually had to have the entire system redone (Flex pipe had to be welded on properly) proper parts put on, and the whole thing cost me $565 at Lou's Custom Muffler. BM&B should NEVER had allowed me to put the used muffler parts on the car. They knew I would find it difficult to get inspected because I was advised to go to Roxbury or Dorchester where loud cars are more likely pass inspection. Ironically, October 1 saw new inspection laws (inspections are now video-taped). I went to three places to ask if they'd inspect the car. No one wanted to even wanted to try. Two places looked at BM&B's work and asked .. "who did this?" I feel taken advantage off and poorly advised and ripped off. Totally ripped off!

BC
Brian C.
Massachusetts
GMC Sierra
02/18/2017 Category: Service
Brian said they were mischievous and they provided poor quality of work. They tried to solicit other facilities. His vehicle was damaged, and they have not owned up to it. He would not go back to this business again.

JUNETTE D.
Norwood, MA
02/17/2017
Price Gougers
I wish I could give -1 stars for my experience with this place. If felt like the mechanic was pulling numbers out of the air. He sounded bored and un interested in assisting me. If it wasn't for a friend who is a mechanic I would have paid 2 times the cost to have an alternator and a few fuses fixed. They wanted almost $500 to fix my alternator; $375 for parts and "$108" for labor. What a lie! I looked it up and called other places an alternator for a 19 year old car is $130-$150. According to the mechanic they charge $90 an hour for labor and labor would be a little more than an hour. So how in the world would the cost be close to $500?!! I'll tell you how; the part is actually $100-$150 and the labor is $375-$400. They think people are stupid an don't see what they're doing. I was more than happy to pay the $175 for diagnostic and "storage/parking' fee in order to have my car released to AAA and parked at my home it beats being swindled by a bunch of money hungry unprofessional jerks. Do not go here; do your research because these mechanics are unscrupulous.
BOSTON M. from Boston Muffler & Brake Co Inc responded on 02/21/2017

Hello Junette,
       Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that our quote was not up to your expectations. At BMB automotive we try to use the best parts we can while keeping the price down for our customers. We stand behind our work here at BMB and warranty the work we do. There are cheaper parts that we can use but those parts will not last that long. In return causing our customers the hassle of coming back for the same reason. That is the reason why we don't use those parts. The list price for the alternator that we quoted was $774 but we only quoted you $311. Once again sorry for the unsatisfied visit but please let us know if there is anything we could help you with.

AC
ARTHUR C.
Waltham, MA
Chrysler Pacifica
02/10/2015
The folks at BMB know a lot about cars; how they should be maintained and repaired.
BOSTON M. from Boston Muffler & Brake Co Inc responded on 02/24/2015

HET ARTHUR ITS STEVE THANKS FOR THE REVIEW, ARE YOU SURE ONLY ONE STAR, IT WILL GREATLY EFFECT OUR RATING. MY GUESS IS YOU DIDNT REALIZE IT, BUT IF YOU DID PLEASE ELABORATE. IF NOT IM NOT SURE HOW TO FIX IT THIS PROGRAM IS BRAND NEW. THANKS