Bud Clary Chevrolet Subaru

Overall Rating 3.56/5Overall Rating 3.56/5Overall Rating 3.56/5rating 3.56rating 3.56

08/09/2017
leaking head gasket from recently purchased Subaru
Fact: I bought a used 2005 Subaru Outback LLBean 3.0 on June 09, 2017 that has a leaking head gasket after going through Bud Clary’s 117 point check and assurance that the car would be serviceable. I also asked about the head gaskets several times. They said that the car had been checked. My local dealer told me the head gaskets were leaking and said it had been leaking when I bought it. I took it back to Bud Clary. The sales manager tried to get the GM and owner to honor their word but they said no. It is a $4000 plus repair. Plus, I told them I bought this for my daughter who is going to college away from home. Bottom line is that I trusted them. If I had bought this from a private party I would have taken it to a mechanic who would have showed me the leaking head gasket and I would not have bought the car or they would have fixed it first. But Bud Clary said they were doing a 117 point check and would fix any issue. I would not buy a used car from Bud Clary and may be never buy a Subaru.

08/09/2017
Leaking head gasket from recently purchased Subaru
This is a disappointing review to write, both because of my huge financial loss and the fact that the sales staff were very nice and tried to intercede with the general manager and owner who did not stand by their word. Fact: I bought a used 2005 Subaru Outback LLBean 3.0 on June 09, 2017 that has a leaking head gasket after going through Bud Clary’s 117 point check and assurance that the car would be serviceable. It is particularly frustrating because I did my research on many car web sites and Subaru forums and I paid a lot more than normal to buy a low mileage 6 cylinder car from a dealer with a good Carfax specifically to avoid a costly head gasket problem. I also asked about the head gaskets several times. The first time the salesman told me that Bud Clary does a 117 point check and would fix any problem, including head gaskets if there was a problem. In fact, they did replace the front axles because the CV joints were leaking. The salesman said that Bud Clary is a local dealership that depends on a good reputation and I could trust them that they would fix any service issues, including a head gasket if needed before selling a used car. When I picked up the car, there was another salesman and the sales manager and I again asked them to assure me that the head gaskets had been looked at and did not leak. The salesman said the head gaskets had been replaced but when I said I wanted to see the mechanics list of work he didn’t have it. We could see the new axles but didn’t know for certain that the head gaskets had been fixed. But the point is that everyone there knew that this was a concern of mine and we had specifically discussed this. They said that the car had been checked and if they had found a problem they would not sell it without fixing it. I had asked them to flush the radiator and brake lines because it was close to the service date and good antifreeze is critical to avoid head gasket issues. They said they did not get that done so reduced the cost to compensate me, which was fair. This is why I took the car to my local Subaru dealer a couple weeks later to get the antifreeze flushed. My local dealer did not exchange the antifreeze because they told me the head gaskets were leaking. They showed me the leaking antifreeze and said it had been leaking longer than one month ago when I bought it. I took it back to Bud Clary. The sales manager tried to get the GM and owner to honor their word but they said that on a scale of 1 to 3, the leak was only a 1 and did not need to be replaced, although it would be needed sometime in the future. They wouldn’t say whether that was in months or years but probably not more than two years. It is a $4000 plus repair, which is half the cost of the car. Plus, I told them I bought this for my daughter who is going to college away from home. So they expect me to send her to Spokane in a car that could break down at any point, including ruining the engine. Bottom line is that I trusted them. If I had bought this from a private party I would have taken it to a mechanic who would have showed me the leaking head gasket and I would not have bought the car or they would have fixed it first. But Bud Clary said they were doing a 117 point check and would fix any issue. Plus six cylinders are supposed to not have a head gasket problem. To avoid buying a two ton paperweight, either take your chances with Bud Clary or don’t buy a used Subaru from them, no matter what engine or what they say. As long as the current owners own this Subaru dealership, you are on your own. I will never buy a used Subaru again and would advise you to stay away unless you are made of money. I tried to not call people names and to just let the facts speak for themselves. Just because I am screwed doesn’t mean you have to be.

Leaking Head Gasket from recently purchased Subaru

LH
Levi H.
Skamokawa, WA
05/18/2017
Be Ware
Be ware! If you are the type who will pay more than twice the market price for parts and service to be able to say the work was done by a dealer then this is for you. We went to Bud for an ABS light that had been coming on and a fan that only worked on high. The ABS issue was corrected by replacing the control module and a sensor. I doubt both parts were bad. That would be like having your computer and mouse go bad at the same time. The real issue though is that they charged twice the price any other supplier sells the genuine parts for and they billed 5 hours at $100 per hour. I know that 2.5 hours would have been more than ample time to do the work. It's 2017, one can watch ASE certified mechanics do the exact same procedures on the same model vehicle on YouTube! Then the clincher, they offered a $99 dollar service package. We declined because last time that package turned into $150 with the type and amount of oil in the particular vehicle. They billed the $99 anyway! We had to go back and have it refunded but the bill was still over $1200 for an ABS ECM, an ABS wheel sensor, and a fan resistor. Even if Bud Clary mailed us a check for the $600 of over the top charges, we wouldn't go back to them in the future.

Robert B.
Grays River, WA
04/17/2017
oil change
Every one was polite and friendly,work was done promtly.

GF
Glenn F.
Cathlamet, WA
03/15/2017
Fast service time
Just going in for an oil change change and tire rotation on my legacy is painless. Just about as fast as it went in it is done. Car is clean and nothing was missed on the service. Freaking awesome.

Dean R.
03/14/2017
Great service!!
Had my 2014 Silverado in to have the oil changed and tire rotation, Matt Fowler was on top from start to finish, recieved 2 calls to let me know the status! Great customer service

Tracy S.
Castle Rock, WA
02/01/2017
What a scam
Brought my 2008 Chevy Tahoe in to have the heaters fixed and received a call with a quote over $2500. The said my front brakes needed to be replaced which they quoted $1100. They reported my muffler had a hole in it and that would be $1200. Plus I need a "couple belts" changed out because they were cracking. When I brought up that I had a extended warranty I was treated like garbage. My extended warranty covered part of the repair for my front heaters and I paid $180 out of pocket. Two day later I picked up my SUV and went and bought new brake and the two belts that needed to be replaced. I took brake pads off and there is at least 70% pad left. Plus when I pulled off the belts both were in perfect condition. I'm sure most people would just pay for it but not me! Please be aware of the scam that they are playing! I Will not take any of my vehicles back!!

TT
Tori T.
01/16/2017
Bud Clary staff are AWESOME
I actually look forward to taking my car to Bud Clary's! The service is always perfect, and I've gotten to know some of the employees and they are always professional and friendly! Thank you Bud Clary!!!09/

GP
Greg P.
East Helena, MT
12/20/2016
Terrible service
Daughter's Subaru taken in because of problems with either alternator or battery. Diagnostics ran and was told it was the battery. Service & battery cost $345. Next day, battery light on and told it is the alternator. Shouldn't this have been figured out when diagnostics were ran the day before? No offer to fix their mistaje free of charge. Called another shop in town who provides free battery & alternator checks that will replace it for half the cost. Woman at the service desk was extremely rude and unhelpful. Will be making a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and Subaru corporate. Save yourself the headache and ding to your checkbook and take your vehicle elsewhere for repair.

ANTHONY M.
Kelso, WA
SUBARU LEGACY
12/19/2016 Category: Sales
Straightforward business
Start to end process was supported by a great salesman. If we had questions or concerns, they were addressed and we are satisfied.

WG
WILLIAM G.
Vancouver, WA
CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
12/11/2016 Category: Service
Excellent customer service
Very happy with doing business with Buddha Clary Chevrolet.

GE
GAYLE E.
Ryderwood, WA
CHEVROLET CRUZE
12/09/2016 Category: Service
It's always been sharp, but not this time
I went in for a Winter Check up, made my service appointment for that, on line. When I got there, the young man at the service desk didn't know what that was? I explained to him that was check and fill the tires, check the fluids and wipers, and see if it was ready for winter........still he looked confused. Then I found I needed a realignment.......not surprised and authorized that..........sat for an hour, waiting, then a bit more and got up to see how much longer it would take...the service writer had a small pile of work that was 'done' but hadn't bothered to tell those of us waiting that our work was completed. Then, he said he couldn't print out what was done and what was found........another service person printed that out.........and, a gal asked if they had told me about my headlight? No, they had not..........it is filling with condensation.......if I'd been told, I would have had that fixed also or at least asked about when we could do that........but, I'd already gotten my keys and was on my way to my car, when that came up? I've always had excellent service, in the past, but felt like this was just not at all professional.......now I need to call about my head light? I have no idea if they did the Winter service.......I asked that the windshield wipers be replaced, even if they didn't need it.........and, from the receipt, that was not done! I don't know what was up that day.....would I recommend? Not if the service has gone down and will stay that way!
Daryn W., Service Manager from Bud Clary Chevrolet Subaru responded on 12/09/2016

Gayle,
   I do apologize about the lack of continuity with the quality of service. It will be resolved and it will be definitely better.

JOSEPH S.
CHEVROLET AVALANCHE
12/09/2016 Category: Service
Paid a lot, got little 12/7/16
Was told I would be paying $108 for a diagnosis. Diagnosis was not complete. Given that diag. 2 hrs later. One bad sensor. Cost to replace--$600+. Thought that a bit much, but ok'ed the work. Call 4 1/2 hrs. later and diag. was to replace all 4 sensors at cost of $1000+. Declined that work. Bottom line is that I paid $380 and only got the diagnosis that I think I should have received in the first place and could have declined any further service. I'm not the professional here, but I know the removal and replacement of those sensors is a simple task. No issues with the service dept personnel, just with the logic used in the diagnosis (incomplete) and then getting a full diagnosis later (inflating my bill). I do not believe this was done intentionally, but on my side, I was counting on what I thought was a complete diagnosis. Willing to discuss this more, but will stop here and reserve the right to change my overall rating of the service I received 2 days ago at Bud Clary. I know our lines of logic may be different, but this is my perspective at this time. My overall feelings for Bud Clary is much higher than my Wednesday experience.

Joseph,
   I am sorry about the confusion on our side with the bill but I am glad we could get it resolved for you. Thank you again for your patience.

RD
Matt likes men!

DONALD C.
SUBARU FORESTER (NY/NJ)
12/08/2016 Category: Service
I give you an ok rating. I was told at front desk that the timing belt for my 2009 forester should be changed at 90000 when my book says 105000 miles.
I would like to say that it seems the majority of the time that the engine smells after an oil change.It tells me that some of the fresh oil is frequently spilled on the engine most of the time. I have been approached by your sales group to replace this car ,but I am not crazy about the service department.

Donald,
   Thank you for the feedback. Please call our service department and ask for Matt and we will get that checked out and taken care of for you.

HG
HANS G.
Murrieta, CA
12/07/2016 Category: Sales
The staff extended their service to the point that they came in before the facility opened to fit my schedule.
The experience was flawless. The staff was very professional and respectful. The salesperson was helpful and not pushy.

KD
KELLY D.
Vancouver, WA
SUBARU IMPREZA WAGON
Friendly and personal service
I had a great experience at Bud Clary. The workers were extremely helpful, friendly and down to earth. I would recommend this dealer to anyone.

WA
WILLEM A.
Centralia, WA
Poor communication!
I am giving 3 stars because of communication issues. I clearly explained everything I wanted and I was told my interest rate would be 1.9%. When I signed the financing paperwork my interest jumped to 3.85% without any explanation. I bought this Subaru so I can pull trailers and requested a minimum of 4,000 Lbs hitch with wiring for trailer brakes. I received a 2,700 Lbs hitch and no wiring for trailer brakes. If we had more open communication I would have given 5 stars.

MARK B.
Overall rating
Friendliness. No pressure. Excellent product knowledge. Answered all our questions, and some were not easy.