Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

EM
edmond m.
08/06/2019
GOT HALF MY PROBLEMS FIXED
FINNALY AFTER SECOND VISIT AR X GOT THE FRONT END NOISE FIXED VERY PLEASED WITH THAT HOWEVER HE COULDNT HEAR THE NOISE FROM THE REAR I WAS STATING ABOUT WHICH IS A TERRIBLE VIBRATION OHTER MECHANIC HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOISE AND DIAGNOISED THE PROBLE BEING A DRIVESHAFT FLEX PLATE BEARING . FINALLY BOUT TO HAVE MY VEHICLE ALL TOGETHER PROPERLY

SR
Steven R.
East Peoria, IL
Chevrolet Camaro
12/19/2014 Category: Service
Steven said he did not get tires at this business because they did not have the correct size.

NC
NOEL C.
Chrysler Sebring
08/28/2014
long wait time; kind of expensive
I was given an appt. time for replace a headlight. It took 1 1/2 hrs. to do this. I was disappointed that I had to wait so long.

LJ
Laura J.
Pontiac Grand Prix
12/23/2013 Category: Service
Laura said she made an appointment at this business at 1:00 pm. They told her they would be done in a few hours. She came back a couple of hours later and they had not even begun to work on her vehicle. She told them she would be back the following morning. She left her vehicle there because she got sick of waiting. They did not get to it until the next morning. They did not keep their appointment. They did a good job otherwise.

DA
DON A.
Dunlap, IL
11/15/2013
Not so good customer service
I purchased new tires. The man who quoted me a price of $618. (out the door) then charged me $669. the next day after giving me the quote. I told him about the error. He made me go back to my home, 20 mi. round trip, and get the paper with his handwriting showing the orig. quote. Then, he credited my CC with the $50. overcharge. So, 20 mi. plus my time and frustration seemed like bad business.

SF
STEVE F.
Nissan Quest
11/08/2013
not a good experience
Usually have a good experience, usually due the coupon oil change tire rotation vehicle inspection, my wife mistakenly wrote to balance the tires, they should have called to double check with us to make sure it was needed considering that the appt i had made a few days before i didn't say to balance the tires

PA
PAUL A.
Chevrolet Cruze
11/11/2012
Person on phone was plesant/helpful
Good service, person I talked to on phone was helpful and plesant. However waiting 45-50 minutes for an inspection was too long. There was only one other person waiting. Should not have took this long for service. No coffee available as advertised. Recommend to others...maybe
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 11/12/2012
Paul, I am sorry we took longer than expected! We keep the coffee K-cups behind the front counter do to the fact they it kept disappearing. We try hard to meet customer expectations.

CYNTHIA B.
10/27/2012
Something's changed. For worse
Very dissatisfied for the first time. I gave them from open til 430pm to do my oil change. They did not air up my tires, can not say for sure if they checked my air filter, kept saying that they have been "not normal" this week & may not be doing all the things they NORMALLY do for customers during an oil change. What?? That is not an excuse, that upsets me more! I paid for a service, I expect the full service! Another excuse was they've been busy & don't have time for 100% detail to jobs! Also said "we've been leaving late every night because we're so busy". I watched them lock up and leave by 530 on the dot, but that's not a valid excuse either way. It takes two seconds to do the little things that show customer service & genuine care and quality. Also, the old managers would have estimates waiting for me on things they noticed were needing care/replacement. He would also offer inspection information. The new guy just gave me my receipt. I had to inquire about quotes and sales. When I called the store that day the phone rang for 2 minutes before being answered and then I was on hold for almost 10min.
Very disappointed in the changes.
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 11/06/2012
Cynthia, I hope on your return visits since this review we have met or exceeded your standards! Please let us know. Mike McCormick Owner Carx Tire and Auto Service

MICHAEL L.
Saturn LS1
06/06/2012
Air conditioning recharge
I used to be a loyal customer who trusted Car X. After my last visit, however, I will not be coming back again due to the lack of explanation about my problem. Even though my air conditioning was not working after recharging it, I was never told that the compressor was faulty. I was given several estimates about other problem for which I sought service. The only reason I found out about my compressor was a return visit the same day during which time I spoke to who I believe was the manager. They are fortunate that I gave them two stars.

JAY P.
12/12/2011
What really is a quote?
Your man told me the tire out the door would be $145.00. I paid $158.00 and that's only because $24 for labor I paid for with Itex. I always come to Car-X because of our Itex account but I will be going other places to find a less expensive price for my needs. Your oil changes are market value but I'm not happy paying $30 more than what I was quoted.
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 12/20/2011
Jay, Thank you for the information. As soon as I read this I remembered the situation and any price difference was simply a miscalculation on my part. We want to keep you happy as a customer and would like to make this up to you!