4.6

EM
edmond m.
08/06/2019
GOT HALF MY PROBLEMS FIXED
FINNALY AFTER SECOND VISIT AR X GOT THE FRONT END NOISE FIXED VERY PLEASED WITH THAT HOWEVER HE COULDNT HEAR THE NOISE FROM THE REAR I WAS STATING ABOUT WHICH IS A TERRIBLE VIBRATION OHTER MECHANIC HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOISE AND DIAGNOISED THE PROBLE BEING A DRIVESHAFT FLEX PLATE BEARING . FINALLY BOUT TO HAVE MY VEHICLE ALL TOGETHER PROPERLY

LR
Larry R.
Chillicothe, IL
01/18/2016
Thermostat Change
January the 13, 2016 I went into Car-x and told them I wanted the thermostat changed in my 1998 Malibu. I never asked them what it would cost me. They charged me $192.60 to replace the thermostat, cost of thermostat $29.12, shop fees $22.86, cooling system additive $79.95, and extended life coolant $24.95 for a grand total or $337.40. I never thought to change a thermostat could have ever cost this much. I didn't say anything to them about the other things done, but paid them and left and felt they had taken advantage off me for the other work they had done without asking me!

KC
KHUSH C.
12/31/2014
The labor charges were not assessed as described.
It took only about 1Hr & 15mins to complete the job but I was charged labor for 2 hours. I was told by the foreman that it is a industry standard to charge 2 hours of labor for replacement of front brakes.

NC
NOEL C.
Chrysler Sebring
08/28/2014
long wait time; kind of expensive
I was given an appt. time for replace a headlight. It took 1 1/2 hrs. to do this. I was disappointed that I had to wait so long.

FW
Floid W.
Peoria Heights, IL
Chevrolet Pickup
08/11/2014 Category: Service
Floid said this business took longer than he had expected. The reason for the delay was due to parts. The repair involved replacing his steering column and the one the business replaced it with is no longer adjustable. He would not recommend this business due to the reason mentioned.

JENNA G.
Suzuki Grand Vitara
04/09/2014
Super Slow Service
I brought my car in for a 10:30am appointment and was told my oil change and brake check would take 45min-1hr. I ran errands, worked out, ate lunch, and waited for Car-X to call about my call. 2 hours had passed and I stopped by to make sure I wasn't forgotten. My car was outside the shop and I was informed that my oil was done but the mechanic that checks brakes wasn't available. I went home (thank goodness I don't live far). My boyfriend called at ten to 3 since they were about to close and I hadn't heard a thing. He was on hold for almost 8 minutes before hanging up and calling back, only to be told that my car was ready for pick up. I received no call at any point. If my boyfriend was not with me that weekend, I would have had no one to drive me home and would have sat at Car-X ALL DAY. I was happy that Car-X did not charge me, but this was ridiculous. The workers are always very kind, but Saturday was disappointing.

DA
DON A.
Dunlap, IL
11/15/2013
Not so good customer service
I purchased new tires. The man who quoted me a price of $618. (out the door) then charged me $669. the next day after giving me the quote. I told him about the error. He made me go back to my home, 20 mi. round trip, and get the paper with his handwriting showing the orig. quote. Then, he credited my CC with the $50. overcharge. So, 20 mi. plus my time and frustration seemed like bad business.

Tom S.
Varna, IL
09/10/2013 Category: Service
Tom said it was his wife who took the vehicle in for service. It took 3 hours to change the tires. She was disgusted with the amount of time the service took for the amount it cost her and that the employees were not concerned by that. He would not recommend this business for the reason mentioned.

Ravinder S.
Subaru Legacy
07/17/2013 Category: Service
Ravinder said he feels they are charging way over the market rate for the parts. In addition they are overcharging for labor as compared to other businesses. The customer service itself was ok, but he probably will not return to this business for the reasons mentioned.

Kim B.
05/22/2013 Category: Service
Kim said the business told her she needed new front and rear brake pads, but before she allowed the business to perform the service, she took her vehicle to another facility. She said the other business told her she did not need new front or rear brake pads. She would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 05/24/2013
Kim, we know that we only do your tire rotations. We did not try to sell you a brake job we strictly told you that brakes would be needed in the future. We did not make an estimate for you because they were not needed today. strictly told as an fyi. Mike

CYNTHIA B.
10/27/2012
Something's changed. For worse
Very dissatisfied for the first time. I gave them from open til 430pm to do my oil change. They did not air up my tires, can not say for sure if they checked my air filter, kept saying that they have been "not normal" this week & may not be doing all the things they NORMALLY do for customers during an oil change. What?? That is not an excuse, that upsets me more! I paid for a service, I expect the full service! Another excuse was they've been busy & don't have time for 100% detail to jobs! Also said "we've been leaving late every night because we're so busy". I watched them lock up and leave by 530 on the dot, but that's not a valid excuse either way. It takes two seconds to do the little things that show customer service & genuine care and quality. Also, the old managers would have estimates waiting for me on things they noticed were needing care/replacement. He would also offer inspection information. The new guy just gave me my receipt. I had to inquire about quotes and sales. When I called the store that day the phone rang for 2 minutes before being answered and then I was on hold for almost 10min.
Very disappointed in the changes.
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 11/06/2012
Cynthia, I hope on your return visits since this review we have met or exceeded your standards! Please let us know. Mike McCormick Owner Carx Tire and Auto Service

LR
Laveel R.
Chevrolet Pickup
10/09/2012 Category: Service
Laveel said the business did not do anything. The $200 brake switch they put in did not fix the short in a light. They can do better than to charge $200 for a $21 part, while not fixing the problem. He went to another business and they took care of the short for another $200.

10/09/2012 Category: Service
Laveel said this business fixed his brake light and charged him $200 but he still has the same problem he brought the vehicle in for. He mentioned that it seems like the vehicle is not getting enough gas. He will not be coming back to this business.
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 11/06/2012
We talked to laveel and he paid us to fix his brake lights. he stated that his brake lights are working fine. His truck ran bad when we brought it in, he did not want to pay us to correctly diagnose his problem. Yes it still runs bad but we did not have permission to fix that.

CINDY B.
Chevrolet Camaro
09/30/2012
The Lack of Customer Service
The attitude of some employee's is definetly not acceptable when they are hoping that their customer's will return.
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 11/06/2012
We chaneged the wrong tire on her car. We did everything we could to correct the problem and we did correct the problem. I asked her what I could do to make up for the trouble and wait to fix the tire. She was offended by me asking. I was honestly trying to make it up to her.

LISA M.
Chevrolet Lumina
07/04/2012
Radiator cap was left off when finished with my vehicle!
I took my car in for a/c service. I dropped it off at lunch and picked it up after work. On my way home the air ran great until it started over heating and smoking!! The car broke down before I got home! After it cooled a bit, it did restart and I made it the 2 blocks home. I poped the hood (knowing NOTHING about cars!!) And wham! The Radiator cap (metal cap that says don't remove when hot) was sitting ontop of where you put coolant in!!! There was antifreeze (I believe that was the liquid) sprayed EVERYWHERE!! Since it was after work, they were closed by this time so I couldn't call them! I put the cap back on and put coolant back in it. The next morning went to pick up a friend and her daughter to give them a ride to daycare and work on my way to work. We sat and waited for CarX to open and I called and explained what happened. They sent someone to come get us with a loaner. We took my friend and her daughter where they needed to go and I dropped the man off at CarX and headed to work. 30 mins late!! I picked the car up , once again after work and this time it just sounds like crap and is clanking bad. Did they even DRIVE my car after they fixed it?!?! I believe the worst part was talking to the manager. When I called before I came back to pick it up, I asked him what tthe hell happened and he said what do you mean? He acted as if he didn't believe me that the cap was off when I got home the first day. He said when he looked at it after they towed the car in, the cap was on! No shit! I had to put the cap on to try and drive it!! I didn't not appreciate his stupid look like I was the crazy one and it was no big deal. Well it was a HUGE deal to me!!!
Your T. from Car X Tire & Auto responded on 07/16/2012
Lisa, sorry for your negative experience at the shop. I hope once we got the car fixed you were truly satisfied! It was a big deal to us and we did everything we could to make it painless and convenient for you. Mike McCormick
q

MICHAEL L.
Saturn LS1
06/06/2012
Air conditioning recharge
I used to be a loyal customer who trusted Car X. After my last visit, however, I will not be coming back again due to the lack of explanation about my problem. Even though my air conditioning was not working after recharging it, I was never told that the compressor was faulty. I was given several estimates about other problem for which I sought service. The only reason I found out about my compressor was a return visit the same day during which time I spoke to who I believe was the manager. They are fortunate that I gave them two stars.