Castro Valley Union 76

Pat V. on 04/09/2016
Pat said this business charged him quite a bit for an oil change and he had asked them to do a brake inspection, which they did not do. He would not recommend this business for service due to these issues.
Vehicle: Volvo 740
Category: Service
Service Date: 04/02/2016
Review Created: 04/09/2016
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 04/15/2016

Sorry to hear that Mr Pat that you are unhappy with our service, we do charge the same for oil change to anybody coming to us from last 2 yrs, we have not changed our price. We offered you to check brakes when you picked up the vehicle and you mentioned that it is ok. We did not check your brakes we apologies for that. Also did not charge you to check your battery and installed it with no labor charge. Thanks for business may be we can do better next time.

JESSICA J. on 11/07/2014
"Poor Customer Service"
I went in to have my car serviced, oil change. When I walked into the front store the owner and one of the technicians were discussing the differences between two light bulbs and didn't even acknowledge I was there. 'We'll be with you in a moment' would have done the trick but they continued their conversation for another couple of minutes. The owner then proceeded to help the man who walked in after me who was there to deliver a package before assisting me. Later, when my car was almost finished, I hear a different technician say, "Dang, she's in here again? She must drive a lot." Granted, the man wasn't speaking directly to me, but the fact that he would say something like that with customers in earshot is ridiculous. The only good thing to come from this experience was that I was in and out in 30min.
Vehicle: Chrysler 200
Service Date: 11/06/2014
Review Created: 11/07/2014 11:13 PM
Bob S. on 11/07/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Auto repair"
Had a bad experience with the shop. Called them to see how much it would cost to do an oil change, the person on the phone did not say anything then hung up on me.
Service Date: 11/07/2014
Review Created: 11/07/2014 09:58 AM
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 11/09/2014

Sorry for the inconveniece sometimes when we get phone calls specially from cellular it is not clear, we do not hang up on any customers specially if they want estimate for any repairs

Jennifer P. on 11/04/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"WOMEN They will get you if you don't know anything about cars "
Be careful women or anyone that knows nothing about cars I'm a women and i have work on cars and fix them myself plus I gotten two estimate before I took it in to them and they tried to tell me it was my breaks and rotor that's needs to be replace, the price for $450
When in fact the real problem was my alinement and bearings. So be careful
Service Date: 10/02/2014
Review Created: 11/04/2014 07:14 PM
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 11/05/2014

Vehicle having multiple problems and very poorerly maintained finding a problem you have to start with basics and go from there. Informed customer few times, the problem was explained to the comsumer

DOROTHEA H. on 06/27/2013
"I paid $48.98 for an oil change and got nothing else."
I paid $48.98 for an oil change and got nothing else. My other fluid levels were not checked, the air pressure on my tires were not checked, I had a break light out and no one asked if I wanted it replaced. On my receipt it did not say what type of oil that was put in my car. I got nothing else but a simple oil change for $48.98.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 06/25/2013
Review Created: 06/27/2013 03:10 PM
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 07/03/2013
We performed the entire service, tire pressure was checked, on the work order it states we used 5W30 oil, we did not check all the lights. Rest of the claim from customer if she reads her work order will explain it.
JASON K. on 02/03/2013
"professional/clean enviroment"
kind/understanding people and respectable employes
Vehicle: Buick LaCrosse
Service Date: 02/02/2013
Review Created: 02/03/2013 08:45 PM
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 02/05/2013
You need to contact this customer again I think there is a big mistake about one star he is very happy customer comes here all the time, he meant it is 5 start and will recommend to other people
JAMES M. on 09/15/2012
"Easy to get a smog check"
Easy to drop in and service was quick.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 09/13/2012
Review Created: 09/15/2012 08:19 AM
Grace M. on 08/24/2012
Grace said she went into this business a day ahead of time to schedule her appointment. They told her the analysis on her vehicle would take an hour and a half. She came in early and waited for her vehicle to be done. An hour and a half later they said they still hadn't gotten to it. She was disgusted and then they told her it could take up to 15 hours to analyze what was wrong with her vehicle. She wished they would have told her that instead of having her wait around for an hour and a half for nothing.
Vehicle: Volvo 242
Category: Service
Service Date: 08/22/2012
Review Created: 08/24/2012
jack M. at Castro Valley Union 76 responded on 09/05/2012
We are sorry for misunderstanding . We did mention to customer that it will take hour and half for diagnosis, we also told her that we need the car for 4-5 hours, we misunderstood her that she was going to wait around near the shop, if we would have known that we could have given her ride home or not taken the work. Next time we will try to be more clear to customer. In smog repairs sometimes car will be diagnosed quickly some time it takes longer time and we like to find the exact problem without charging customer more money. Hope we can do better next time.