Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 month ago

James B.
07/06/2018
one of the worst auto experiences I have ever had in my life.
On a first note always look for a second opinion. Never let anyone pressure you into doing anything.

First off I failed the emissions then check engine came on and to top it off my thermostat started to heat up and steam was coming out of my hood.
I went to Autozone and some girl told me that Cats seemed liked a ok place and they offered a free diagnostic check when you do business or if not a affordable diagnostic. So I went to Cats to and was greeted with horrible customer service. The guy working there was grumpy as hell and greeted me with one word answers. Then another guy came in and he took in my car and said it would a couple hours until I know anything. I get the call telling me everything that could be wrong and it would cost which was alot. I thought about it and came in and said that I needed to think it over. He then proceeded to try to sell me like a used car salesman and kept lowering his prices until it got to be $500 dollars less than he asked. He told me he was bending over backwards for me on this deal but instead I was the one bending over. He than told me my car was in pieces so he couldn't even give it to me and I had work to go to in a couple hours. So I gave in like an idiot and had to get a ride to work. He told me the car would be ready the next day at a certain time so I waited. 2 hours past the time with no phone call so I called them. He told me there still working on it so I waited longer and longer. Then I called again. And the other rude grumpy guy answered and said that they got the wrong parts to my car and it would be longer and they told me to get a rental car. I looked for rental cars and everything was out. But then a miracle they said they got the old parts in and would be ready to go that hour. So I waited again..... Fed up I got a ride there just to wait for my car while I see the grumpy man sitting there as he sees me. Now it is after hours at the store and they are still trying to work on my car. The grumpy man leaves not saying a word to me and the other guy the used car salesman comes to me a says there is still something wrong with the car and they would have it fixed tomorrow. I had to work a overnight shift so the guy gives me this run down brown van to drive. With no choice I took it and went to work. The next day I called in the afternoon because God forbid they call me with anything and the used car salesman says it will be ready in 20 min. I wait 30 and proceed there with there van. I end up waited another 35 min until my car comes out. I get in and start driving until the same problem happens with the steam coming out the hood. I call Cats up furious and the used car salesman starts telling me that I never told him about that problem and to bring it back. I learned a great lesson this day. But now I tell this story so no one goes through this it was 2 days of pure stress that I can't get back.

TC
Thomas C.
03/23/2018
Awesome service
I took my car in due to an oil leak. I was greeted promptly when I walked in. They pulled my vehicle in for an inspection quickly and found out it was merely a leaking oil filter. They replaced it and I was on my way quickly. Hats off to great service and HONEST!

Cj C.
Elgin, IL
02/22/2018
Family business
The prices at cats are the best value and the service is really good. I would recomend cats over the dealers anytime.

RT
Robert T.
02/13/2018
The place I trust - Helped my mother and daughter
Going to have your car fixed is a hassle, expensive, not convenient and hard to find a trustworthy mechanic. This being said, I have to say, I enjoy taking my car to CAT's. Not only are they nice and treated me like a friend, but if you call ahead they take appointments as well as allowing me to simply walk in as well. This was my third visit to their business and I feel they have done a great job all 3 times, going above and beyond in my opinion. Also, the fact that they pick you up and drop you off to leave and retrieve your car is a plus. I cannot say how valuable that is to me so I don't have to find a ride or deal with a taxi! I recommended my daughter go there as well and I am pleased to report they have taken great care of her repairs as well. She went there for a second opinion on a repair another shop suggested. She was ready to spend the money on the repair and the staff at CATS told her the repairs were not needed and even showed her on her vehicle. Thank you so much!! It is refreshing to have found a place where trust is more important than money! This place will continue to have my business, as well as my daughters.

ES
ERIC S.
Huntley, IL
01/10/2018
Be careful...
When I moved to schaumburg I already had a relationship with Cats through my job, so it made sense to bring my car there for the basics. Before that I had a garage to do my own oil changes and basic maintenance. Now several years later I own a house and a garage and I'm able to resume my car maintenance...

Several months ago I developed an oil leak from the drain plug. It seems that the heavy handed techs at cats like to crank down on the oil drain bolt to the point it was near rounded, and who knows if they ever changed the washer each time (the one I took off was seriously distorted). After buying a few extra washers and a new plug I was able to thread through with just a little resistance (I needed to use a wrench in the last several turns to power it through since there was an updated plug that was longer than my oem one). With the plug and washer leak was fixed... or so I thought.

Today I changed my oil and all was well when I removed my plug but after cleaning it off there were 2 complete revolutions of threads from the pan on the plug itself. Long story short I pulled 1.5 more threads out of the pan so its shot, leaving me with a hefty bill to replace the pan (upon speaking with them previously they offered to sleeve the threads at MY cost because their techs dont do anything wrong).

Never in the 20 years of owning vehicles and servicing others have I ever stripped an oil pan plug. I don't even know how this is possibly with the use of either a torque wrench or a light hand. My wife has gone in there and has walked out with several, multi thousand dollar invoices. After reviewing them a good amount was valid but they decide to say that some known good parts were bad and had to be replaced.

Be careful, its hit or miss with this place, and it hurts to say that because this was the first place I trusted with any of my cars. Ever

SR
SYED R.
Bartlett, IL
Honda Civic Sdn
08/25/2017
Top Notch
This was my first time at cats and I am telling you this will be my only place to get my car repaired. I went there to get my oil change and they took care of my vehicle right away. Not only they changed the oil but they inspected my car and told me what needs to get fixed. They checked that my tires didnt have enough air so they put some air on my tires without even telling them. I am definitely going back!!
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/26/2017

Thanks Syed for coming to CATS and welcome to our family!

LISA B.
Nissan Sentra
08/22/2017
Nice, honest & informative people work @ CATS.
I would & have recommended people to go to CATS for their car's maintenance & repairs.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/23/2017

Thank you Lisa for coming to CATS and you can count on us!

AP

GC
George C.
Hanover Park, IL
08/17/2017 Category: Service
George said he is completely satisfied with the service at this business.

TF
TOM F.
08/13/2017
Fast, reliable and courteous service.
They go above and beyond, to let you know if anything else is happening to your vehicle. Very accommodating.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/15/2017

Thanks for using CATS for your service Tom!

MYRA R.
Hoffman Estates, IL
Saturn Ion
08/12/2017
estimate too high
After learning that I need to replace the fuel lines I was quoted $914. I have been doing business with Cat's for many years and was surprised that they were the highest quote. Midas offered the same service for $800. They also showed me that the work was listed as 1.2 hours labor. Cats told me it would take 4 hours. This is too big a discrepancy.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/12/2017

Myra, I looked at quote and parts needed. both lines from the dealer and labor which was 3.8 hours which included .2 to install fuel filter. The dealer stocks these lines because to attempt to cut and repair them leads to leaks. I can show you in the computer that 3.8 hours is correct. Not sure where 1.2 came from unless they were going to shorcut?

JIM f.
08/09/2017
Service on Ford F150
Again, I brought my F150 to Cat's for service. They again, went above and beyond expectations.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/10/2017

Thanks for coming back Jim!

JACQUELINE A.
Elk Grove Village, IL
08/07/2017
Amazing customer service
My favorite place to go to get anything done on my car. They are nice and explain everything they do. Also having a cat at the shop makes everything better.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/08/2017

Thanks for coming to CATS and our cat BONES likes our customers too! He is like having a dog in a cats body. Thanks for the wonderful survey!

Rajinder S.
08/04/2017 Category: Service
Kenneth said it was good service. The staff is awesome and they do a good job.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/05/2017

Thanks for coming to CATS for your service needs!

CD
CHARLIE D.
Pontiac Sunfire
07/16/2017
Friendly helpful service people.
Honest and thorough employees.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/18/2017

Thanks and thanks for coming to CATS!

JERRY P.
Bartlett, IL
Pontiac Vibe
07/15/2017
I called for an oil change appointment only 30 minutes ahead of time and I was there and gone in another 30 minutes. Can't beat that!
Excellent friendly staff, always accommodating, and reasonable prices.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/15/2017

Thanks Jerry for coming to CATS and we try hard to get our customers in and out. Thanks again for coming to CATS!

AV
Alejandro V.
07/15/2017 Category: Service
Alejandro said they answered any questions he had. The prices were good and his vehicle is doing fine.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/26/2017

Thanks Alejandro and thanks for choosing CATS!

BF
Bogdan F.
07/14/2017 Category: Service
Bogdan said he is very happy with the service the business provides.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/26/2017

Thank you Bogdan for coming to CATS! I am glad your experience was good!

RD
RICHARD D.
07/13/2017
Good quick service
In and out in no time no problems with work done.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/13/2017

Thats the goal we have here. Thanks for coming back to CATS!

SR
SILVIO R.
Acura TL
07/13/2017
Great shop with a personal touch
Quick and explained things thoroughly. Great you by name and does get creative at times to make things palatable. Never had an issue.
Cal C. from Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/13/2017

Thanks Mr Rodia for coming to CATS and yes we will get creative if we have too. Its your car and your money. We will work to get the deal done. Thanks again for coming to CATS!