Cats Auto Repair

Latest Review about 1 month ago

ERIC S. on 01/10/2018
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Be careful..."
When I moved to schaumburg I already had a relationship with Cats through my job, so it made sense to bring my car there for the basics. Before that I had a garage to do my own oil changes and basic maintenance. Now several years later I own a house and a garage and I'm able to resume my car maintenance...

Several months ago I developed an oil leak from the drain plug. It seems that the heavy handed techs at cats like to crank down on the oil drain bolt to the point it was near rounded, and who knows if they ever changed the washer each time (the one I took off was seriously distorted). After buying a few extra washers and a new plug I was able to thread through with just a little resistance (I needed to use a wrench in the last several turns to power it through since there was an updated plug that was longer than my oem one). With the plug and washer leak was fixed... or so I thought.

Today I changed my oil and all was well when I removed my plug but after cleaning it off there were 2 complete revolutions of threads from the pan on the plug itself. Long story short I pulled 1.5 more threads out of the pan so its shot, leaving me with a hefty bill to replace the pan (upon speaking with them previously they offered to sleeve the threads at MY cost because their techs dont do anything wrong).

Never in the 20 years of owning vehicles and servicing others have I ever stripped an oil pan plug. I don't even know how this is possibly with the use of either a torque wrench or a light hand. My wife has gone in there and has walked out with several, multi thousand dollar invoices. After reviewing them a good amount was valid but they decide to say that some known good parts were bad and had to be replaced.

Be careful, its hit or miss with this place, and it hurts to say that because this was the first place I trusted with any of my cars. Ever
Review Created: 01/10/2018 06:24 PM
SYED R. on 08/25/2017
"Top Notch "
This was my first time at cats and I am telling you this will be my only place to get my car repaired. I went there to get my oil change and they took care of my vehicle right away. Not only they changed the oil but they inspected my car and told me what needs to get fixed. They checked that my tires didnt have enough air so they put some air on my tires without even telling them. I am definitely going back!!
Vehicle: Honda Civic Sdn
Service Date: 08/25/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 10:14 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/26/2017

Thanks Syed for coming to CATS and welcome to our family!

LISA B. on 08/22/2017
"Nice, honest & informative people work @ CATS."
I would & have recommended people to go to CATS for their car's maintenance & repairs.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/22/2017 08:17 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/23/2017

Thank you Lisa for coming to CATS and you can count on us!

ANGELA P. on 08/19/2017
"Fast oil change. Affordable"
Vehicle: Dodge Durango
Service Date: 08/15/2017
Review Created: 08/19/2017 10:10 AM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/19/2017

Thanks Angela!

George C. on 08/17/2017
George said he is completely satisfied with the service at this business.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 08/12/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017
TOM F. on 08/13/2017
"Fast, reliable and courteous service. "
They go above and beyond, to let you know if anything else is happening to your vehicle. Very accommodating.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 08/12/2017
Review Created: 08/13/2017 01:44 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/15/2017

Thanks for using CATS for your service Tom!

MYRA R. on 08/12/2017
"estimate too high"
After learning that I need to replace the fuel lines I was quoted $914. I have been doing business with Cat's for many years and was surprised that they were the highest quote. Midas offered the same service for $800. They also showed me that the work was listed as 1.2 hours labor. Cats told me it would take 4 hours. This is too big a discrepancy.
Vehicle: Saturn Ion
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/12/2017 10:06 AM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/12/2017

Myra, I looked at quote and parts needed. both lines from the dealer and labor which was 3.8 hours which included .2 to install fuel filter. The dealer stocks these lines because to attempt to cut and repair them leads to leaks. I can show you in the computer that 3.8 hours is correct. Not sure where 1.2 came from unless they were going to shorcut?

JIM f. on 08/09/2017
"Service on Ford F150"
Again, I brought my F150 to Cat's for service. They again, went above and beyond expectations.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/09/2017 02:57 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/10/2017

Thanks for coming back Jim!

JACQUELINE A. on 08/07/2017
"Amazing customer service"
My favorite place to go to get anything done on my car. They are nice and explain everything they do. Also having a cat at the shop makes everything better.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/07/2017 08:10 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/08/2017

Thanks for coming to CATS and our cat BONES likes our customers too! He is like having a dog in a cats body. Thanks for the wonderful survey!

Rajinder S. on 08/04/2017
Kenneth said it was good service. The staff is awesome and they do a good job.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 07/17/2017
Review Created: 08/04/2017
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 08/05/2017

Thanks for coming to CATS for your service needs!

CHARLIE D. on 07/16/2017
"Friendly helpful service people."
Honest and thorough employees.
Vehicle: Pontiac Sunfire
Service Date: 07/15/2017
Review Created: 07/16/2017 05:11 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/18/2017

Thanks and thanks for coming to CATS!

JERRY P. on 07/15/2017
"I called for an oil change appointment only 30 minutes ahead of time and I was there and gone in another 30 minutes. Can't beat that!"
Excellent friendly staff, always accommodating, and reasonable prices.
Vehicle: Pontiac Vibe
Service Date: 07/14/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017 06:32 AM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/15/2017

Thanks Jerry for coming to CATS and we try hard to get our customers in and out. Thanks again for coming to CATS!

Alejandro V. on 07/15/2017
Alejandro said they answered any questions he had. The prices were good and his vehicle is doing fine.
Vehicle: BMW 3 Series
Service Date: 07/13/2017
Review Created: 07/15/2017
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/26/2017

Thanks Alejandro and thanks for choosing CATS!

Bogdan F. on 07/14/2017
Bogdan said he is very happy with the service the business provides.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/14/2017
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/26/2017

Thank you Bogdan for coming to CATS! I am glad your experience was good!

RICHARD D. on 07/13/2017
"Good quick service"
In and out in no time no problems with work done.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/22/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 01:33 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/13/2017

Thats the goal we have here. Thanks for coming back to CATS!

SILVIO R. on 07/13/2017
"Great shop with a personal touch"
Quick and explained things thoroughly. Great you by name and does get creative at times to make things palatable. Never had an issue.
Vehicle: Acura TL
Service Date: 07/12/2017
Review Created: 07/13/2017 08:03 AM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/13/2017

Thanks Mr Rodia for coming to CATS and yes we will get creative if we have too. Its your car and your money. We will work to get the deal done. Thanks again for coming to CATS!

Bernadette R. on 07/08/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"My Engine overhaul was great ,thanks for the best price Cal."
The service was very excellent , I had been shuttled both ways and got done when promised and best price and provided me with an extended warranty for my car , Cal your about fair service quality for the customers.That's why we always go to Cats.
Review Created: 07/08/2017 07:27 PM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2017

Thanks Bernadette for being our customer and coming to CATS!

DELORES L. on 07/08/2017
"excellent service"
close to home, reputable and honest. the customer always comes first
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 10:24 AM
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2017

Thanks Delores and thanks for coming to CATS!

Erick M. on 07/08/2017
Erick said they were quick. He did not have wait.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/26/2017

We try hard! Thanks for coming to CATS!

Edgar R. on 07/03/2017
Edgar said the employees were awesome and friendly. They didn't beat around the bush. They gave him what he was looking for and they let him know what he needed. They didn't candy coat anything. He stated he wished he could have found them sooner.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 07/03/2017
Cal C. at Cats Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2017

Thanks for finding us and coming to CATS!