Latest Review about 3 years ago

Bruce P.
Waterville, ME
09/10/2016
Not impressed.....
Bought a new 2016 highlander sleep last weekend. Check engine light came on Thursday and they claim they fixed it. Two days later the light came on again.....not sure this is normal for a new vehicle. My son was late to practice on Thursday and now we have to cancel the lake trip today. The sales manager said if they don't fix it we could trade it in.....WTF. Third new vehicle I've bought at central Maine and most likely my last.....not impressed

JAMIE G.
Brooks, ME
TOYOTA CAMRY
01/29/2015 Category: Service
Did not feel valued as a customer
We will not go back to Toyota service again. We will have our service done at the Chevy dealership right beside it. The time before this service was not good service and this time was worse. They told my husband it would be ready at a certain time and it wasnt. In addition, they were supose to pick up my husband at work at this time to go back to the service center to get the car, but never called my husband to tell him the car wasnt ready so my husband took an early lunch break for nothing, and was left standing outside for over 15 mins on one of the coldest days of the year. (It was literally 15 below that day. ) My husband had asked for cheaper parts ( factory seconds?) and at first was told no that wasn't an option but after he pushed for a little bit, they said ok. When he went to pay for it, have noticed we were billed for the more expensive parts and the woman at the desk was very rude when my husband brought it up. She left the desk for some reason and on her way back he heard her comment to a coworker that she will be glad "when this customer is out of here." And then after all this, I just got a call from CM a few weeks later ( which was just the other day) from a woman ( can't remember her name) who said she over charged us by $20ish and wanted our card number to credit us. Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative for the credit but this woman never apologized for over charging us and then when I asked what the exact amount was she said $50 something... So I am thinking "you want my card number to credit me but you don't even know how much you are going to credit me?" Overall, not a good experience for us.

GL
GARY L.
Caratunk, ME
TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
10/13/2014 Category: Service
service
dealer did not remind us free service was about to expire we missed it by a few days so we lost it.dealer can e-mail us when sales rep changes !

ARTHUR B.
Madison, ME
TOYOTA TACOMA
08/31/2014 Category: Service
oil change servicing
was @ service center in waterville on 8-21-14
went in for oil change, that was fine. service manager suggested cabin air filter needed replacement. now, when i place my blower on max. speed, i get a fluttering noise.worse off now w/a new filter??
secondly, i conveyed to serv. manager my 3 3 year old truck had squeeks underneath chassis, he said for $130.00 I could get squeeks remedied. i thought this was ridiculous.

GS
GERALD S.
Jackson, ME
TOYOTA CAMRY
08/31/2014 Category: Service
Not happy with my car not taking a sticker after the first year!
I am totally fed up with these fools. I have two bald tires on my one year old Camry and they would not replace them. Failed me for a sticker and sent me home. I'm riding around in a one year car with no inspection sticker. It is a very long story of me batting back and forth with them for months about alignments and tires and I'm fed up with them. Now they will replace the two front with Mich. tires but I have to buy the two for the back. I can live with that and feel satisfied....The problem is that I have to pay all the rotating and balancing fees on all four for a total of $411.00 for my portion of two tires!!!! What a joke! I only had 18,000 on my car when this all started and now I have 24,000. I am beyond frustrated with them and will never buy from them again.

RANDALL S.
TURNER, MA
TOYOTA TUNDRA 4WD TRUCK
08/26/2014 Category: Service
poor service
long wait for just a oil change service tech was rude i was not impressed
Lea B. from Central Maine Toyota responded on 08/27/2014

Hi Randall,

Thank you for the feedback. I will review your concerns with my Service Manager.

Thanks,

Oakland, ME
TOYOTA TUNDRA
08/12/2014 Category: Service
Poor attention to detail
My Tundra was in for a Toyota recall frame inspection and undercoating. When I picked the vehicle up there was undercoating splattered all over the cab rear window. No one noticed it except me when I looked in the rear view mirror, it was very obvious. I returned to the shop and they cleaned it. But later the next day when I was washing the vehicle I found several more splotches on the outside of the body. The substance is greasy and black so it is not hard to find it. Apparently they don't even look to see if there is overspray or not from the application.
Generally I have been happy with this dealer, but not on this visit.
Lea B. from Central Maine Toyota responded on 08/13/2014

Hi William,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. After speaking with my Body Shop Manager, Chris Morin we would like to make sure this is taken care of properly for you. At your convenience please stop in or call Chris at 207-872-5980. Thank you for being a valued Central Maine Motors Auto Group customer.

Lea Baird

Skowhegan, ME
TOYOTA TACOMA
08/07/2014 Category: Service
incompetent
this dealership did not know how to get the toyota factory part my truck needed. i was told they had ordered the part and they would reschedule my appointment when it came in. after the 10th week of the dealership not knowing how to get the toyota factory part, that i had to have in order for my warranty to cover the cost, i decided to call toyota customer service. i told toyota customer service what was going on and within 2hrs the dealership called me. the dealership was still trying to assure me there was no end in sight for getting the part. curiously, the following day the dealership called back and said they were having the part over-nighted. my overall feeling is that this dealership's service/parts dept. is incompetent. i felt they viewed my frustration as unworthy of their attention and only after a complaint to customer service was a real effort made to get the part. overall i didnt feel they valued me as a 4x repeat customer therefore i will not be making a 5th purchase from this dealership. also i didnt even want to give 1 star but this survey made me choose at least 1.