Cook's Tire And Tune

Overall Rating 2.4999975/5Overall Rating 2.4999975/5rating 2.4999975rating 2.4999975rating 2.4999975
Debbie R. on 08/07/2017
Debbie said she went to this business to have new tires installed and when she went to pull out of their facility she saw that the tire pressure light was on. She took her vehicle back to them and they had to check the tire pressure of the new tires they had just installed. They had to put air in a few of them.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/07/2017
ATHAN P. on 05/24/2017
"It is a very good place; I feel though that after a few times prices are edging up for the same work; folks there insist they are not. "
I am afraid this place is becoming more and more like the retail oil change places that you find at every corner. COOKS also continues to present more and more potential problems with my cars. This last time I went for a simple oil change and they warned me about things that could cost me $550. I did not accept the recommendations. TIME FOR ME TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER REPAIR SHOP? I know that COOKS does well and they recently opened a second shop. This is great; I wish them the very best. However, I used to find a couple of people at the shop dealing with my needs; we take our 3 cars to them. Now, every time there is a different person, no connection and they go all over on prices... I would like to continue to be their customer, but I would expect better ...
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 05/22/2017
Review Created: 05/24/2017 09:30 AM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 05/24/2017

Hello Athan, again, sorry for the issue on your last visit. We appreciate you bringing your vehicles to Cook's and want to continue taking care of you. Per our conversation over the phone we are going to take care of your next oil change free of charge and have spoken to the service advisor that took care of you about the incident. Thank you so much for your cooperation and hope to see you soon.

CHUCK H. on 05/21/2017
"Resent E-150 work"
The work was not completed to our satisfaction even after bringing the vehicle back a second time to correct issues that are causing it to pull to the left under power.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/21/2017 08:51 AM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 05/27/2017

Hey Chuck,

So happy that we were able to correct the issue with your van. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to fix the problem!

LUIS R. on 04/20/2017
"Cost estimate jumped from $500 to $900 without reasonable explanation."
I used to believe this shop was the best I had ever done business with. That changed this week when I dropped off my father's car, which was making a grinding noise in one of the wheels. They called me about 2 hours later to tell me it would cost $580 to fix the rear breaks and an engine oil leak. I knew about the leaky gasket, so it all seemed like a good price. An hour later, they call my younger brother's phone to tell him that the car has a seized caliper that will need to be replaced. They also advised to change the caliper on the other rear wheel to be safe. What I really don't like is that they told my brother the cost would increase by $400 and that he needed to decide immediately since they only had a few minutes to order the parts (it was around 4pm). My brother agreed and then he called me to tell me what was going on. After about 30 mins, I called the shop back and they tell me that my brother agreed to the charges and that the technician is already putting on the new calipers. At that point, it was too late to revert the decision, so I decided to not make a big deal about it. I really like this shop, but I think they pulled a fast one on my brother. He's young and doesn't really know much about cars. I will begin to look at other shops in my area, just in case I need to take my business elsewhere.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 04/17/2017
Review Created: 04/20/2017 02:17 PM
Vincent D. on 12/10/2016
Vincent said the service at this business is kind of expensive and he would not recommend them to others.
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant
Service Date: 11/29/2016
Review Created: 12/10/2016
MELODY T. ReScore Review on 03/14/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Steve, the owner, called me to apologize and offered me a refund of my diagnostic fee."
I now view Cook's in a whole new light. Steve refunded me the $105 that was in dispute and I would certainly return for more auto work. I really appreciate him reaching out to me. That's something you don't find too often.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Service Date: 02/24/2016
Review Created: 03/11/2016 01:47 PM

"Charge to diagnose problem"
I spent over a thousand dollars in auto repairs and then when I go to pay I see I'm being charged 105.00 just to diagnose the problem. And I was not ever told of this charge beforehand. Every place I've ever gone only charges a diagnostic fee if you don't have the work done. I won't be coming back.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Service Date: 02/24/2016
Review Created: 03/11/2016 01:47 PM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 03/14/2016

Thank you melody for the oportunity to service your vehicle. After speaking with you about this, I'm glad we were able to rectify your concern. Please return when you need any further service and I will personally make sure you are explained things properly before any work is performed.

Steve Easley
Manager
ASHLEY M. ReScore Review on 03/14/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Still one of the Little Guys"
Bryan called me and amended everything from my last visit and was very gracious. I really appreciated how he handles customer service issues and I will return for my next service and repair.
Service Date: 03/07/2016
Review Created: 03/10/2016 08:35 PM

"One of the Little Guys"
I like this place, and I want to support small business even though it kills my wallet. When waiting in the front room it would be nice to be acknowledged or told very clearly what's happening or how long certain things should take. I watched another young woman, like myself, be glazed over while she stood waiting to be helped and Tim answered a phone in the middle of speaking to a customer instead of putting the call on hold. The man was right in front of him, he's more important than the call. Otherwise I think/hope my tires will hold up fine, especially after paying for the insurance which I think is honestly a rip. (I asked for it to be taken off and was told I'd be making a terrible decision).
Service Date: 03/07/2016
Review Created: 03/10/2016 08:35 PM
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 03/14/2016

Thank you for the oportunity to service your vehicle Ashley, after speaking personally I am glad we were able to correct the situation for you and ensure your total satisfaction. I appreciate the opportunity to service your vehicle in the future and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

LARRY Z. on 12/23/2015
"Too long a wait!"
The service itself wasn't bad. My issue is the fact that I called on Wednesday to make an appointment for Saturday morning. I was told that was no problem. I set it for 8am. I was there at 7:45. My car did not get taken into the garage until 10am. Meanwhile I watched at least 3-4 people walk in and get serviced before me, and they did not have appointments. That was very disappointing. I live nearby and want to support local businesses such as yours but I'll have to think about coming back.
Service Date: 12/19/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 08:14 AM
David G. ReScore Review on 06/01/2015
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
David said this business cleared up the price and offered a discount on the next transaction that he makes.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 05/18/2015
Review Created: 05/22/2015

David said that he felt the service was overpriced. He noted that because of the price of the service, he will not recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 05/18/2015
Review Created: 05/22/2015
Bryan C., owner at Cook's Tire And Tune responded on 05/28/2015

Hi David i see that Steve contacted you regarding your recent visit to re-score your visit here at Cook's. Thank you very much for giving us the option of re-scoring our shop. Our ratings are very important to us. Thank You... Bryan Cook