Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5Overall Rating 4.5555556/5rating 4.5555556
Overall Rating 1.8888889/5rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889rating 1.8888889
Danny K. on 08/02/2017
"Peerless Cleaners Van"
A bit pricey. We paid it because we needed our truck back running its' route ASAP. The quality of the workmanship looks Ok. Since this is out first time using Corpus Auto Service, I will withhold judgment on long term quality rating. Meanwhile, we have another of our route vans that is a candidate for an engine replacement. It is a "spare" and I am in the process of going back to a crate engine provider that has served us well in the past and at a much lower cost including the core return credit.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Forward Control
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 03:44 PM
Carlos V. on 06/24/2017
Spoke with Elda. She said their vehicle was diagnosed as needing a converter so they had the converter replaced. It is their second or third time using this business. Their vehicle was in fine, good working condition the last few times they had service at this business. Now, they may need to return to this business to have it rechecked. It is still doing the same thing, prior to having the converter installed.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 06/24/2017
William R. on 04/26/2017
William said this business was okay. They did not resolve the issue with his vehicle.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017
Maria P. on 01/16/2015
Maria said the business quoted her an amount for her repair which included a replacement of water pump and air conditioner. When the insurance company investigated the claim, they refused to pay. She asked Buddy, her service advisor, about the thermostat. He told her it was a big part of it. She asked him why he did not tell her before. The thermostat was fixed and no other repairs were required. The vehicle is running fine now. She said she felt the business was trying to scam the insurance company. She would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Ford Mustang
Service Date: 01/06/2015
Review Created: 01/16/2015
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 01/21/2015

Maria dropped the car off with 2 complaints. She had an aftermarket warrenty. Insurance companies require authorized diagnosis with recomended repairs including estimates. We recomended replacing the thermostat and water pump to correct her overheating problem. We recomended replacing the air conditioning compressor because it was noisey and blowing warm air. The insurance inspector came out and check our recomendations and said they do not replace water pumps unless they are leaking. The also declined the AC repair. After further conversations by Maria with her insurance they covered the repair of the thermostat which we did and it seemed to correct the overheating problem. She told us that she had previous work done on her AC. We asked her to bring her reciets for the work done so we could determine if the AC had warrenty from the previous repair. This may have been the reason for declined  AC work. We are waiting for her to return with her invoices so we can see if she has warrenty form earlier work done elsewhere. We will be happy to help in any way we can.

Bryan C. on 10/20/2014
Bryan said the diagnostic on his vehicle at this business was not correct the first time.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra
Service Date: 10/16/2014
Review Created: 10/20/2014
Josh M. ReScore Review on 05/27/2014
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Josh said the business did a complete follow-up check up to resolve any initial dissatisfaction.
Service Date: 05/05/2014
Review Created: 05/12/2014

Josh said this business is overpriced. They tried charging him $200 for something he ended up repairing himself in just 20 minutes. He would not recommend this business because they are overpriced.
Service Date: 05/05/2014
Review Created: 05/12/2014
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/21/2014

Josh had us check out his starter problem, we traced it to his starter and gave him an estimate. We charged 49.00 to check the problem. When we gave him an estimate to replace the starter and he said he had a friend that could help him and took his car. We thanked him for letting us help.

Joe S. on 02/07/2014
Joe said he brought his vehicle into have the oscillators in his heater worked on. They said they could not do it because his dash board was cracked.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 01/31/2014
Review Created: 02/07/2014
Noe S. on 06/12/2013
Noe said he had to go back a couple of times because there was something wrong with his fuel pump.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 05/24/2013
Review Created: 06/12/2013
Brian H. on 06/08/2013
"Maybe a bit concerned"
As far as I can tell at this point, the service was professionally and successfully done, but it was simply maintenance, so it's not like they rebuilt the engine. Doing maintenance professionally ought o be a guarantee at any car repair shop.

Two things:

1) total price for this maintenance I was given over the telephon? $594.70. Price I actually paid when I picked up the car? $660.00. Counter man could not clearly or successfully explain why the original quote was not correct.

I realize that it's possible that he left something out when he did the original calculation. Still, the price difference was surprising.

2) I asked that they check on and diagnose some seepage from the front of the engine. This takes place only when the car is sitting still with the engine off. They had the car overnight, so checking on this should have been possible. However, no mention of this issue when I picked up the car -- even if that mention was only to tell me that they found no seepage.

Again, maybe the fact that this wasn't mentioned to me should suggest that they could not find this problem. Still, I would have appreciated them telling me something about this issue.
Vehicle: Mazda Tribute
Review Created: 05/29/2013 09:42 AM
Steven B. ReScore Review on 05/15/2013
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Steven said they gave him a deal on vehicle mats to make up for the previous visit.
Vehicle: GMC Savana Special
Service Date: 04/23/2013
Review Created: 05/07/2013

Steven said they changed the price for a part and it cost more than what they quoted.
Vehicle: GMC Savana Special
Service Date: 04/23/2013
Review Created: 05/07/2013
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 05/10/2013
We provided the dealer with the vin id for the car and had them order the seat belt, when we got the part it was the incorrect one, we got the right one which was different in cost,we explained everything to the customer and we thought he understood what happened. The dealer made the mistake , I guess we should have taken responsibility for their mess up.
Pat D. on 03/21/2013
Pat said he had to leave his vehicle at this business for an entire week. He said he pays almost $400 a month for a high-end warranty, but when he needed a starter he had to pay $1,000 out of pocket. They did do a good job.
Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne
Service Date: 03/11/2013
Review Created: 03/21/2013
Garrette D. on 02/26/2013
Garrett said everything on another visit the wrong part was put on. It cost $400 they did fix the problem so that was fine.
Service Date: 02/01/2013
Review Created: 02/26/2013
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 03/01/2013
We could not get the car to act up while here, it had an occasional no start. We explained this to his mother and told her this car has problems with a sensor that can cause this type of problem, she confirmed that with her mechanic back home so we replaced the sensor. The car acted up agian and it came back in, this time it did it while here and we were able to duplicate the problem and correct it. His mother knew all we did and oked everything with full approval.
Victor H. on 09/12/2012
Victor said this was his first time dealing with this business but they seemed to have the experience, equipment and know-how needed to resolve his vehicle's unspecified issue. He stated they knew what they were talking about and were able to solve his vehicles issues for now. He would return to them because the price was reasonable. He appreciated them contacting him via telephone and informing him what the issue with the vehicle was, the cost and asked for authorization to begin the job.
Vehicle: Cadillac DeVille
Service Date: 09/07/2012
Review Created: 09/12/2012
Ryan D. on 07/26/2012
"Work was done well, didn't get the calls I expected"
Friendly and easy to talk too but I was told that the diagnostic fee was 100 bucks and would be called once they had an estimate. I called back 20 minutes before they closed and was told that they needed it till the next day. I figured that was the case but would have liked a call before you closed. The next day I didn't receive a call in the morning like I was told. I called back at noon and was told that the problem had been found and replaced and that the bill was 300 bucks. This is what I expected the cost to be but I never received a quote or a call about what my 100 diagnostic fee reviled. While I was happy with the work and the time it took I was not so happy with the lack of communication. I would recommend this company but you have to stay on top of them to get the answers you need.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 07/24/2012
Review Created: 07/26/2012 06:20 PM
CRAIG B. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 07/27/2012
Sorry for not keeoing you posted as things progressed, once we found the problem, to confirm it we had to remove the seat and trace the bad circuit which we did , once there I told them to make the repair and neglected to keep you informed. I apologize and it won't happen again.
Joe G. on 05/12/2012
Joe said the business is average.
Service Date: 04/26/2012
Review Created: 05/12/2012
Jaime S. on 02/07/2012
Jaime said this business took a while to fix his vehicle and when he left this business he had to pull over on the freeway because this business did not close his hood all the way. This business is great overall.
Service Date: 02/03/2012
Review Created: 02/07/2012
Tim W. at Corpus Auto Service responded on 02/09/2012
Jaime we are very sorry for the time delay on the repaire of your vehicle unfortunately there were a couple of parts ordered that were delayed in delivery but again, I do appologize. I am also very concerned to hear that your hood was not completely or appropriately closed. This is not common practice for us and I can assure you that in the future if you continue to do buisness with us better care will be taken to insure you are better taken care of.