Del Hatt Automotive

Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 month ago

Kevin B. on 01/25/2018
"Honesty is what makes Del Hatt my choice"
Thank you again to the team at Del Hatt. once again top notch service at a good price, along with honesty. Thank you to Kevin and the team for giving me confidence in auto repair.

Kevin Brosnan
Vehicle: Chrysler Pacifica
Service Date: 01/23/2018
Review Created: 01/25/2018 07:09 AM
Anita B. on 01/25/2018
"So glad I discovered this hidden gem in Poughkeepsie."
I brought my truck in after a repair at another facility had gone awry. Upon calling for help I found that Kevin - Listened to the customer, then responded, and then I brought my truck in and it was fixed right the FIRST time. Del Hatt has some of the most talented vehicle Technicians and they will have all my business and recommendations for as long as they are in business.

Thank you for saving and repairing my old truck - you treated it just like your own and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

A Brown
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 01/24/2018
Review Created: 01/25/2018 06:44 AM
Norma S. on 01/25/2018
"Wheel alignment"
Once again my experience at Del Hatt was very educational. While I went for a wheel alignment there were other issues bought to my attention. Even though it wasn't something that had broke, it was something that will brake. Preventive care is so important and Del Hatt is excellent at this.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 01/23/2018
Review Created: 01/25/2018 03:18 AM
Christopher A. on 01/22/2018
"Total Pros!"
I'm on my second BMW X5 with Del Hatt. I trust no one else for suspension work on my vehicles.
Vehicle: BMW X5
Service Date: 01/19/2018
Review Created: 01/22/2018 07:49 AM
Elizabeth B. on 01/20/2018
"Fantastic Service"
Doug & Kevin are absolutely fantastic and make everything easy to explain to someone who isn’t too “car savvy” lol. I definitely recommend Del Hatt for their knowledge, quality of work, as well as the pleasantness of their employees.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 01/19/2018
Review Created: 01/20/2018 07:43 PM
Norma S. on 01/14/2018
"Preventive medicine and emergency care"
Its like my cars have a primary care physician. This Del Hatt provides preventive care and excellent treatment for any illness I was not expecting. But its best to prevent an issue with proper maintenance, and thats what Del Hatt provides.
Vehicle: Toyota Yaris
Service Date: 01/09/2018
Review Created: 01/14/2018 10:13 PM
Kayleen R. on 01/11/2018
"Very informative, honest, and professional!!"
Sam as the review title
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 01/09/2018
Review Created: 01/11/2018 10:07 AM
Kevin B. on 01/04/2018
"Happy New Year Dell Hatt"
in for 4 snow tires and as always exceptional service and great price. Thanks to Kevin and crew for another confident repair to my vehicle. Kevin Brosnan
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta
Service Date: 01/02/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 08:08 AM
Bill S. on 12/30/2017
"I like the reliability and dependability of their work"
I can count of Del Hatt to do a good job. Thank you.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 12/27/2017
Review Created: 12/30/2017 04:15 PM
John S. on 12/14/2017
"Excellent Care"
I have all my vehicles serviced at Del Hatt because they are proficient in their work, honest and will work with you to find cost-effective solutions to solve problems.
Vehicle: Mazda Mazda6
Service Date: 12/12/2017
Review Created: 12/14/2017 09:02 AM
Kevin H. on 12/08/2017
"Stand behind their work "
Kevin and his team are great to work with.
I had an issue with my vehicle after my initial repair. Kevin listened to my concerns and looked into it. They found something and took care of it . I will continue to recommend Kevin and his team to my friends and family.
Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler
Service Date: 12/06/2017
Review Created: 12/08/2017 05:09 AM
Jeff E. on 11/26/2017
"Way, WAY too long"
I'm sure the repairs are fine, I've used your services off and on for years. I'm VERY unhappy that it took a whole freekin MONTH to complete the repairs. The rental car cost me as much as your repairs (which were a bit more than you quoted too)

Not happy. Not at all.. at this point I'm not sure I'd recomend your company. I have an f350 that needs CV's and maybe hubs. Maybe I'll give you another chance.
Vehicle: Nissan Frontier
Service Date: 11/21/2017
Review Created: 11/26/2017 05:36 PM
Bernard B., President at Del Hatt Automotive responded on 11/27/2017

Jeff,

Thanks for your review, we are always interested in our customer’s feedback, even when it’s critical of our performance, it’s the only way to improve.  I’m sorry that your truck took as long as it did to finalize the repair.  Your comments are not wrong, but I would like to put some context to them.  It took us longer than we would have liked to get the diagnosis of the problem ironed out (delay#1).  Then it took us time to coordinate with you as you were sourcing your own parts (delay#2).  The problem then became scheduling.  We couldn’t put you on the schedule again until all the parts were here and were all correct.  At that time our schedule was full for more than a week in advance (delay#3).  (Due to the labor-intensive nature of the rear end rebuild, we weren’t able to just work around other jobs already on the schedule).  As far as the bill being more than the estimate, once we had things apart there were a couple of items that were required to properly complete the repair that weren’t anticipated (delay#4).  I’m not looking to make excuses, but neither of us benefit by having a vehicle here any longer than absolutely necessary.  I believe that this repair became one of those rare instances where multiple small delays caused the job to drag out far longer than normal.  I assure you that this is not typical of our performance.  I hope that you will remain our customer for those future repairs you mentioned, and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Friel and Bernie Bleakley

Phil B. on 11/18/2017
"Best!"
The best as always!
Vehicle: Ford E450 Super Duty
Service Date: 11/17/2017
Review Created: 11/18/2017 08:48 PM
TJ K. on 11/07/2017
"Friendly honest people and a fair price."
I've taken two of my vehicles here and both times the service has been outstanding and the cars fixed correctly and in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Cruze
Service Date: 11/03/2017
Review Created: 11/07/2017 02:55 PM
John S. on 11/01/2017
"Taking Care of My Bread and Butter"
I really trust Kevin and Company to keep my old and dear friend on the road. I need it for work and they understand how to work through a problem that produces a great fix at a fair price. After 165,000 miles- that's saying something!
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 10/30/2017
Review Created: 11/01/2017 05:12 AM
Ann S. on 10/22/2017
"Dodged another bullet!"
Kevin's advice after the team had given this Dodge Ram a review has prevented me from a bad purchase. These guys are great!
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 10/20/2017
Review Created: 10/22/2017 08:12 AM
Ann S. on 10/11/2017
"CLEARLY KNOW YOUR STUFF!"
Kevin was professional, helpful and honest about the vehicle we had bought. If only we had come to him first!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado SS
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/11/2017 08:56 AM
Alexa D. on 09/22/2017
"Very accommodating "
Kevin and the staff at Del Hatt provide really excellent service. He was honest about the price and time it would take so I had an idea when I got there. There was a little issue that was my fault and kevin still provided me with a discount for the mis communication, without me complaining or asking, which I thought was so accomodating and thoughtful. It can be hard to find a place with friendly service, and people who aren't dying to over charge. I will definitely be returning in the future as well as recommending this place to other. Thank you!!!
Vehicle: Scion FR-S
Service Date: 09/20/2017
Review Created: 09/22/2017 05:37 AM
Bernard B., President at Del Hatt Automotive responded on 09/22/2017

Alexa, Thank you for your positive review. We are greatful for customers like you who appreciate our hard work and attention to detail. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Art C. on 09/08/2017
"Great work"
They straightened out the front end on my lowered Dodge Magnum when no one else could.
Vehicle: Dodge Magnum
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/08/2017 05:14 PM
Robert B. on 09/02/2017
"Dell Hatt Automotive"
A great place to bring your car for service. My car took two weeks longer to fix than expected but that was due to the need for parts that were slow in arriving. His prices are not cheap but they are fair.
Vehicle: GMC Safari