AG
Wilmington, DE
Chevrolet Pickup
Check 20x19 Verified
12/09/2017
Didn't want synthetic blend motor oil!!!
The starter and intake gasket fix was good. Radiator coolant change with thermostat was good. The work was good.
I am not happy a synthetic blend of oil was put in my truck. It calls for conventional motor oil. My truck is 23 years old.
I hope when I do the next oil change myself I will be able to put in conventional motor oil! I am seriously not happy about the synthetic blend oil. I should be the one to make that decision.
Clint W., President from Diamond State Automotive LLC responded on 12/11/2017

Tony,

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We greatly appreciate that you recommend us to others. We are also sorry to hear that you had an issue with your service when it came to the type of oil we use. Since industry standard has moved away from primary crude oil conventional products and has effectively lowered the price point on a much superior product of sythetic blend oils, it falls in line with our practice of providing the best quality service and products available for our customers. It's very hard for our staff to meet expectations wihtout proper communication. Since industry standards have been geared towards synthetic blend oils for over 15 years, it would have been an antequated question to even ask a customer. Again, we have a responsibilty to our customers to provide the best product possible even when it comes to something not in practice anymore. With the added lubrication qualities, resistance to break down, anti-sludging properties and improved cold start characteristics we have determined our product decisions based on the customers best interest in mind. We are more than willing to remove the synthetic blend oil we supplied and replace it with a lubricant of your choosing. Along with a new filter, at no cost to you.

Sincerely,