OW
Ole W.
03/09/2019 Category: Service
Ole said he took his vehicle in when it wouldn't start, and the staff told him they could get it running for between $600.00 and $800.00, but the service turned out closer to $2,000, He stated the staff unhooked the linkage to his transmission and did not hook it back up and also left some clamps loose. He added he does not think the staff are trustworthy.
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 03/20/2019

You are correct the repairs did come out more then expected. From what you explaned to me the problem it had was a high pressure leak. that repair is between 6-800.  But when truck was towed in and you then tell use truck has been sitting for 14 years and has not been started. every thing changes. This truck was your friends truck that passed away and got handed over to you. when we started looking at truck it would not even turn over more the 50rpm. was not able to build any pressure to start vehicle. We had to put starter and batteries and repair rat dammage. rats ate part of engine harness. and on the shift linkage if we never hooked back up then how were we able to test drive it after repairing everything. dont forget you your self said you have been trying to work on truck to get it started and was not able to. But hey look at the bright side the truck that was parked in a field for 14year drove out of our shop and was not towed out like it was towed in.

EP
Eldon P.
Haslet, TX
02/04/2019
tech advice
Ace was awesome...helped me out and gave me technical guidance. These guys have earned my business!

Cody S.
Glenview, IL
10/09/2018 Category: Service
Cody said the employees are good people yet he would not return for service. The business had his vehicle for weeks and did not do what they said they would. The radiator was not sent out to be repaired for three weeks after he asked it to be. He stated that a month was not the time frame he expected nor was it what they told him. He had to initiate contact and constantly call to get updates. He said only when he finally picked up his vehicle, the staff wanted to jumped into action. He also mentioned that he spent $500 on Uber rides when his vehicle was just sitting at the business.

V
Valued Customer
Isuzu
06/26/2018
Owner
We sent you a vehicle that was running and took every one of your recommendations. Then I have an invoice of over $2,000 which we paid for a vehicle that does not run. Looking at my bank account definitely not happy. You worked on another vehicle of ours it was also extremely expensive and you kept it longer then you said you was going to and that particular vehicle was very badly needed at the time. We work out of our vehicles to make a living so every day we don't have it it cost us a lot.
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 06/27/2018

The vehicle was brought in from a different shop after they couldn't get it running correctly. When we got the vehicle we found that it was missing head bolts, o-rings on injectors, was leaking fuel and had many broken bolts. We also found that it had all kinds of vacuum lines disconnected and broken. We had you come to shop to see all the damage that was done by the other shop. You took pictures and said you were going to have the other shop pay you back for damages. When we sat there and talked to you about finding parts you said you had your own people to get parts from. That you would supply your own parts, which put us at your leeway on time. Then you mentioned to use that all parts you took to the other previous shop were from EBAY and JUNK YARDS. This explains why it was never fixed right to begin with. I don't believe it was the other shops fault in this situation . When you purchase used parts online you don't know if the parts you purchased will work or not. We fixed all the broken bolts and broken parts you provided use. At this point the injection pump current to the vehicle failed and was not pumping fuel. We called you and told you it needed an new pump. We gave you a price for a new one and you said no. You found a 4500 dollar pump on ebay for 100 dollars which also took quite a bit of time for you to find. We then told you we will put the pump on but if it dose not work we will no longer work on your vehicle. We don't know what is good or bad on this vehicle. Yes your vehicle did leave here not running and you did have to pay the bill for the labor time put into this vehicle at your approval. You are correct we would not discount the bill even thou the vehicle was not running. We advised you not to buy EBAY used parts or junk yard parts or any on-line used parts. You never know what you are getting. Unfortunately this situation is what you are left with.

TT
Troy T.
05/30/2018 Category: Service
Troy said the business was not able to correct his vehicle's issues. The business rarely has enough technicians to make sure the service gets done.

Armando M.
Grand Prairie, TX
02/16/2018 Category: Service
Armando said it was too expensive for a small repair but he was still happy about the service.
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 03/08/2018

'I'm so sorry to hear there was an issue Armando! Please do not hesitate to return. We do offer specials on our website to help with pricing. www.dieselworksntx.com WE also offer a small discount for Senior Citizens and Military!

BV
Barbara V.
Greenville, TX
12/13/2017
Unsatisfied
Had the engine replaced, but had to pay almost as much as the cost of the engine in unexpected part replacements. I was told that all the injectors had to be replaced (they were only a couple years old, and had no trouble with them), had to buy a new radiator, even though we had no trouble with the original one...it was broken during the engine replacement. Had to buy a new water pump, even though the original one was fairly new and we had no trouble with it either. The truck was given back to us after spending about $15K and it will not shift correctly anymore and the trans temp light comes on and off at random, when it is cold or warm. We had no transmission problems before the engine installation, it was completely rebuilt a few years ago. The guys broke something on the transmission in the process and are avoiding taking responsibility. There is clearly a sensor cable dangling free near the transmission. So, after spending more than the book value of the truck at Diesel Works, we have a truck that we can't even drive. It ran strong and shifted perfectly before taking it there. It was just using excessive oil....could have bought a lot of oil for $15K!!
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 12/14/2017

Okay, so lets correct this response. You are right, truck came in for using to much oil but in your emails it states  When we started checking it we found truck had major blow by when oil cap was removed. At this point motor has bad rings. We offered a stock replacement motor but your husband did not want a stock motor. He wanted a built one, so we ordered him an HD Series engine. Yes, this motor is about $2,000 more than a stock engine. Yes, the water pump and oil cooler got replaced because it was needing to be done in order to get the 5 year warranty on the new motor. The injectors we tested them here in a fuel shop and found that they Failed. They failed due to fuel leaking threw the body on injector. This is why your engine failed to begin with, diesel in the oil. By you saying that things got replaced that were good, your husband knew everything that was going on and approved all work, as well as you did. I text-ed a video to your husband and showed him the leaking injectors in the video. When you showed up i showed you the video as well. I explained everything to you when you arrived. Now on the radiator, you are right it was not leaking but in order to drain the coolant you use the drain valve. Thats what it is there for. We drained the coolant and when we went to fill it we found the inside of radiator had came apart. I showed you this when you were here. Also the fan hub bearing was replaced due to bearing going bad. I talked to your husband on this and he said to replace the bearing so we did. Nothing was done that didn't need to be replaced or that y'all didn't know about. I spoke to your husband the whole time threw this job. Now we did test drive the truck and found everything worked great with no problems after we completed the work.
Now when you called and said that there was a connector on the transmission that was broken or loose i told y'all to bring the truck back in. So we can check and see what was done or if it had been that way already. You brought the truck back in on a Saturday and we checked everything over and found there was a broken sensor, that was between transfer case and transmission. You could see that it had been that way for some time. We recommended fixing sensor and gave you a price and it was declined. You say your husband started sending use emails about the truck. Yes we did receive about a dozen emails from him before the job was completed to approve estimates and pay a down payment, through our direct email. After that we did receive an email December 7th after you had came in on December 4th for an oil change and to check the sensor. It takes several business days to reply to emails through the third party reminder system.  I don't understand why you didn't call or return in person or email our direct email as before, to get the issue taken care of. Eventually your husband calls and ask me if I'm trying to avoid his call. I told him NO! The best way to get a hold of me is by picking up the phone and making a call. Which he did and I answered. We talked about the transmission shifting issues. He started it and it was shifting hard. He said it never did that before and mentioned about sensor. I explained that we performed work on the engine alone and not on the rear of transmission. From the looks of it, it has been broken. We also told him that the price that was given to you was how much it was to fix it and you denied it. So sensor on transmission was not fixed.
When you say engine ran strong and everything worked good. If that was the case, it would not of been at our shop in the first place for burning oil. As was written on the vehicle issues stated on the the drop off sheet. Yes, you could have bought a new truck but you decided to fix this truck instead. We didn't make that decision. All work was approved and you were kept informed of all steps needing to be taken and you approved. A bit of information for you, when you put a motor that puts out more power than a stock engine which you decided to do, it can make your truck shift more firm than before because of the power difference. We tried reaching out to you again today but no answer.

AL
Adrian L.
Palmer, TX
06/26/2017 Category: Service
Adrian said he was misquoted the price by several hundred dollars. There are still some issues going on with his vehicle and it's still not running right.
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 07/21/2017

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues. Someone did try to reach out to you but were unable to. As for the cost of the invoice we could of discussed it at the time of check out. We also do have coupons provided on our web page to help with the cost of an invoice. Again we do apologize for your unpleasant experience here with us.

BC
Bruce C.
Palm Harbor, FL
05/27/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Rhonda. She said her overall experience at this business was a disaster. The owner performed the service and he didn't put the diesel cap back on the diesel reservoir. She got one hour down the road, when oil started spilling all over the bottom of the engine and all over the side of her vehicle. She could've been ticketed for this. She contacted them and they told her they would refund the price of the oil change, which is the least they could do. She would not go near this place with a ten-foot pole.
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 05/31/2017

We do apologize for the inconvenience that occurred with your vehicle. We do care about all of our customers even if you’re passing through town. We do hope that you would give us a second chance if you are ever in the area again. Even though it was human error, we are now changing the way we perform oil changes on all vehicles to insure this never happens again. We do apologize for the situation and the inconvenience that it brought to you that day. I tried to reach out to you this morning (5-31-17) to speak with you but I was only able to leave a message. We would like to put things in good standing with you regardless if you decide to use us again or not. We do sincerely apologize for the amount of trouble you went through.

Sincerely Sorry,
Diesel Works, LLC

Rich C.
Chevrolet
04/19/2017 Category: Service
Rich said this business misdiagnosed his vehicle.
Mark M. from Diesel Works responded on 04/20/2017

Before any work was done on you vehicle I had mentioned to you that you may want to take your vehicle to the dealer because of the age of the truck. We may or may not be able to hook up our computers to it. You did not want to take you vehicle to the dealer because you didn't want to pay the dealers price. I agree the truck was probably miss diagnosed due to not being able to hook up any computers to your truck and not being able to see any readings or codes. I even had a shop next to me try hooking up his computers to check faults. We were not able to. I called you and told you that I was not able to link to your truck and see what is going on. I also told you I could try and manually diagnose your truck. I would have to check temps on manifold and pull valve cover to see what is going on and it would be a 3 hour charge. YOU AGREED! I removed valve cover and found that it was the main source of all your oil leaks! Due to there being no gasket and only silicone in its place. I also found that injector 1 was colder on manifold temp, which could be caused by bad injector. When I started looking at injectors I noticed that they are the type that needed a timing tool to work on it. I then called you and told you to take your vehicle to the dealer because I DID NOT have the timing tool for this particular motor. I told you that I've only seen this engine 2 times before, but you wanted to continue with the work. You asked me if you got me the tools if I would do the job. I said i would try but I would have to resurrect it. You called me and said you couldn't find the tool and the only place that had it was the dealer. At this point you agreed to take it to dealer. So I put your truck back together and spoke with you about it. Now you take it to dealer and they fix it! We both knew it would be fixed because the dealer had the proper tool to do the job. This is what I told you to do in the beginning, before I pulled valve covers, before I tried to diagnose your vehicle, and before you agreed to a 3hr charge. Now you leave a bad review and stop payment on the invoice you signed for. When I offered to you many times before, to take your vehicle to the dealer and you chose not to! I was completely honest with you from the beginning but you didn't take my advice.

V
Valued Customer
Arlington, TX
Chevrolet Chevy Express
04/27/2016
Maintenance
I will never go there again, this guy mark replaced the wrong parts dealing with a power steering leak, and never actually fixed the problem, but then tried to charge me for fixing something else he then was causing the leak, but you suppose to bring a professional but can't even diagnos a very simple and common problem

Marcus S.
Decatur, TX
01/18/2020 Category: Service
Marcus said he likes the way this business communicates.

James P.
Springtown, TX
01/15/2020 Category: Service
James said he would recommend this business for service.

JIM R.
Chevrolet Silverado SS
01/14/2020
Great service and done right
I've been using Mark and diesel works for years and the work is always done right and would highly recommend it for any work big or small.

SK
Sara K.
Bedford, TX
01/14/2020 Category: Service
Sara said this business is one of the best that she's ever been to.