Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Joe P.
Massapequa, NY
09/04/2018 Category: Service
Joe said that one of the lights on the dashboard came after the service. He brought his vehicle back to the business to check it out, and they said there was an open circuit somewhere that can be taken care of anytime.
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 09/08/2018

Hey Joe, we discussed this one, it's the airbag light because you have an open or high resistance in the primary deployment loop. That was pre-existing, you said you see the light from time to time. Thanks, Frank.

SK
Steve K.
New York
Chevrolet Cobalt
02/10/2017 Category: Service
Steve said the business did nothing to help him or to make-up for his previous experience with them. The business took over a week to find the problem and didn't even fix it. They charged him $300 so he went to another business. They found the problem in a day, fixed it and only charged half the price. He would not recommend the business.

02/10/2017 Category: Service
Steve said they did not call him back with updates and they had his vehicle for a week. As a result, he had to call them.
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 02/13/2017

Hey Steve, this is Frank, the owner. I spoke to Gerry abt. this because I wasn't aware that you had your car here for a week. I was very sick Monday, Tuesday and 1/2 of Wednesday when I returned at abt. 1:00 pm. When I got there your Cobalt was in the bay. Gerry was having a tough time keeping up with phone calls etc. but he said he did talk to you and explain that I was sick and he needed my help to diagnose your supercharged engine problems. When I got in on Wednesday, your car was my first order of business and I also spoke to you that day and explained what types of testing I planned on doing. By the end of that day, your problem was fully diagnosed and you picked it up. You dropped it off Monday afternoon and picked up Wednesday afternoon as per my schedule book and the invoice date. 2 1/2 days is not a week, I'm sorry the repairs on your car will be expensive (no compression in cylinder #4) but your review is alittle unfair. Call me at 516 223-6740 and we can discuss it further, Frank.

FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 02/22/2017

OK Steve, so now we kept your car over one week -false statement. We didn't fix your problem, we diagnosed your problem just as you asked us to, you were very concerned about how much it would cost to fix. My mechanic and your neighbor, Giberto tried to figure out what was wrong and could not, so Gilberto said to bring it to me for diagnosis only and that's what I did. No compression, zero psi in cylinder #4 is an internal mechanical problem, it cannot be fixed for $150.00. Gilberto told me you took it to another shop and they replaced the engine, they charged you $1000.00 for labor only, another false statement. You told all of us that you bought the car from an auction with these problems, and you got the car cheap, you took the chance and it backfired on you. I don't care if you give me a zero star review because I know I did the right thing and all my customers know everyone gets treated fairly and with respect.

James W.
Baldwin, NY
BMW 318i
04/23/2016 Category: Service
James said he has used the business for 10 years. He took a vehicle there so they could do a used vehicle check. There was a lack of communication about what he wanted. He wanted them to tell him if there were any problems with the vehicle so he could fix it. They were expecting to do the work it needed, and they ordered the parts.
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 04/26/2016

James, we did exactly what you requested and made a list of what the car needed, then called you with the estimate. We only ordered the parts when you declined to do the work so you could see the parts we recommeded and understand exactly what was wrong.  We were not expecting to do the work, our suppliers pick up returns once a week so its no big deal, sorry for the misunderstanding, Frank.