Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Steve K.
New York
Chevrolet Cobalt
02/10/2017 Category: Service
Steve said the business did nothing to help him or to make-up for his previous experience with them. The business took over a week to find the problem and didn't even fix it. They charged him $300 so he went to another business. They found the problem in a day, fixed it and only charged half the price. He would not recommend the business.

02/10/2017 Category: Service
Steve said they did not call him back with updates and they had his vehicle for a week. As a result, he had to call them.
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 02/13/2017

Hey Steve, this is Frank, the owner. I spoke to Gerry abt. this because I wasn't aware that you had your car here for a week. I was very sick Monday, Tuesday and 1/2 of Wednesday when I returned at abt. 1:00 pm. When I got there your Cobalt was in the bay. Gerry was having a tough time keeping up with phone calls etc. but he said he did talk to you and explain that I was sick and he needed my help to diagnose your supercharged engine problems. When I got in on Wednesday, your car was my first order of business and I also spoke to you that day and explained what types of testing I planned on doing. By the end of that day, your problem was fully diagnosed and you picked it up. You dropped it off Monday afternoon and picked up Wednesday afternoon as per my schedule book and the invoice date. 2 1/2 days is not a week, I'm sorry the repairs on your car will be expensive (no compression in cylinder #4) but your review is alittle unfair. Call me at 516 223-6740 and we can discuss it further, Frank.

FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 02/22/2017

OK Steve, so now we kept your car over one week -false statement. We didn't fix your problem, we diagnosed your problem just as you asked us to, you were very concerned about how much it would cost to fix. My mechanic and your neighbor, Giberto tried to figure out what was wrong and could not, so Gilberto said to bring it to me for diagnosis only and that's what I did. No compression, zero psi in cylinder #4 is an internal mechanical problem, it cannot be fixed for $150.00. Gilberto told me you took it to another shop and they replaced the engine, they charged you $1000.00 for labor only, another false statement. You told all of us that you bought the car from an auction with these problems, and you got the car cheap, you took the chance and it backfired on you. I don't care if you give me a zero star review because I know I did the right thing and all my customers know everyone gets treated fairly and with respect.

JAMIE H.
09/19/2019
Frank and Jerry
The best customer service and honest, top-rate car repairs.

KH
Kailyn H.
09/17/2019 Category: Service
Kailyn said this business was a pleasure as always. This visit was expensive this time. It was not their fault they were expensive this time.

PS
PIERRE S.
09/09/2019
Expert Knowledge
TRUE EXPERT OPINION WITH HONESTY & CLASS ALL IN WRAPPED IN ONE EXPERIENCE ! EXCELLENT TRACK RECORD IS AN UNDER RESTATEMENT.

NH
NEIL H.
Toyota Camry Solara
09/09/2019
Follow up Help from Frank at FXG
After having my exhaust pipes and muffler replaced at FXG thanks to prompt attention from Jerry, I heard some metallic clanging noises when I would go over bumps. When i brought my Solara in the next day, Frank immediately hopped in the car with me, took it for a ride, diagnosed the problem, put the car up on a lift, tightened things up, and then there i was, with a quiet enjoyable ride again. Thanks Frank for your thorough and prompt resolution of any issues!

RL
RICHIE L.
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Car maintenance
Honesty, integrity and reliability.

Maureen M.
FXG service
FXG has been my "go to garage" for many many years! I know nothing about car engines BUT when service is needed, Frank or Gerry take the time to explain exactly what will be repaired and why the repair was needed. No rushing me in and pushing for work to be done....not ever! I trust them....and very highly recommend them!

MF
MAJORIE F.
Hyundai Santa Fe
Honest
Always can depend on there honesty. Courteous reliable good workmen ship

JEANNE/CAT M.
Cadillac CTS
08/23/2019
CTS Traumas
It is nothing short of a miracle, when you can go down the block to your neighborhood mechanic and find a trustworthy, hard working, honest man. And all the other men are equally as honest and hardworking. FXG is that miracle!
My 09 CTS has given me a lot of headaches since I bought it from Conte in Freeport. One would think that the dealer would know everything about their own cars. Not so much! When I got tired of being ripped off over there, I decided to give FXG a chance and boy am I the big winner! Frank gives you straight clear answers! If he doesn’t know he researches, checks and double checks and then tells you what is going on. Tells the Truth! Making good decisions comes from getting good information. Frank gives information and you can make a good decision!
In the end, I know if something is worth fixing or not. I get a fair price for fair labor! I know because i have been ripped off but good at Conte!
I will now be able to drive my CTS until i choose to buy a new car. Then Frank and Jerry and Co can help me take my new car into old age!
Your trust is well placed in FXG!
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 09/02/2019

Thanks Cat, I appreciate the appreciation !  Learned a long time ago to tell the truth,  even when it hurts. Remember to stop by every month or so and we can keep up on that oil level to make sure it gets you to the new car, Frank.

OP
Orane P.
08/23/2019 Category: Service
Orane said he is a repeat customer to the business. He finds them to be reliable and the location is good. The owner is a friendly person.

RF
RAY F.
08/20/2019
FXG
Always trust Frank to take care of all my car’s service and repair needs. He is very professional, knowledgable and honest.

RF
RAY F.
08/15/2019
FXG
FXG is honest and knowledgable. We have trusted Frank with all our cars’ maintenance and repairs for many years.

KG
KIMBERLY / SEAN G.
Freeport, NY
Mercedes-Benz E350
08/15/2019
Honest, trustworthy, reasonably priced
I’ve been bringing my vehicles to FXG over the last 10 years each time they have been honest trustworthy and reasonable priced .
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 08/19/2019

Thanks Kimberly and Sean, we really appreciate the reviews and your continued support, Frank and Gerry.

KH
KEVIN H.
Audi A3 Sedan
08/12/2019
The only place to have your car serviced in Baldwin NY
Frank and Jerry are knowledgeable and trustworthy ….. FXG is the only place to bring your car in the Baldwin area to get quality work done. I've been a customer for over 15 years.

Kevin H
Baldwin NY
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 08/19/2019

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the positive review !! Enjoy the rest of your summer, Frank

BG
BOB / CAROL G.
Volkswagen Beetle Coupe
08/10/2019
Car Talk
The guys at FXG consistently do great automotive work. They're the only
garage I would use and the only place I would recommend!

RAY R.
08/09/2019
Good folk
The maintenance work I asked for was done without question. An air filter I asked be checked was done without being prodded into getting a new one. A suggested brakes redo was overdue, but I was told it could wait another 1000-2000 miles. I elected - I wasn't browbeaten - to have the work done. I am glad as the brakes are now quite responsive.

LARRY M.
Jaguar XF
08/09/2019
Trustworthy, professional and great service!
I've been a customer of fxg for 6 years. Frank and Jerry are the best! They've maintained my jaguar and always give me great service. Their diagnostic experience is their expertise. Give him a try and you won't be disappointed.
Pam M

JANET G.
Honda Civic Cpe
08/08/2019
The best auto service shop there is!!

New York, NY
08/07/2019
Had bring car back because of a problem.
Car was making a noise after only a inspection and oil change.
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 08/08/2019

I'M SORRY ABOUT THE NOISE ANTHONY, I WASN'T IN THE SHOP THAT DAY. APPARENTLY THE MECHANIC TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO CHECK YOUR CABIN AIR FILTER AND WHEN HE TOOK IT OUT TO LOOK AN ACORN FELL INTO THE BLOWER MOTOR WHEEL, WHICH I'M SURE WAS NOISY. GERRY TOLD ME THAT HE IMMEDIATELY LOOKED INTO IT AND REMOVED THE ACORN AND APOLOGIZED. ALOT OF OUR CUSTOMERS ASK US TO CHECK THEIR CARS OUT WHEN THEY COME IN FOR OIL CHANGES SO I GUESS THAT WAS WHAT HE DID. SORRY, FRANK G.

JEANNE/CAT M.
07/29/2019
Honest Neighborhood Mechanic
Frank and his crew are the guys you want to trust your car to. They're thorough and honest. Never pushy. Their motto is that they only fix what needs fixing, and you can trust that. We've been customers for years and have always been satisfied with the work they've done.
FRANK G., Owner from F X G Auto Diagnostics responded on 08/06/2019

THANKS JEANNE AND CAT, WE APPRECIATE THAT AND IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE DEALING WITH YOU TWO OVER THE YEARS. I KNOW CAT HOPES TO SEE US ALITTLE LESS OFTEN, I HOPE THAT NEW CAR COMES SOON FOR YA, FRANK.