CJ
Charles J.
Illinois
Dodge Caliber
07/31/2018 Category: Service
Charles said that although the service work itself was good, he probably won't be returning to the business anytime soon. He was given a quote for the work and the price raised from $750 to $930. A part was damaged by the staff while working on his vehicle, and he wasn't informed of that before they fixed it. Additionally, he found the part that they replaced online for only $299, and he could have bought the part himself and had another business put it in for only $400 instead of the business ordering it and installing it for him for much more. The staff also told him that more work needed to be done on his vehicle urgently, but he doesn't trust that so he will be getting a second opinion. The only way he would return to the business would be if it was a last resort.

ER
Elvia R.
Hyundai Tucson
07/28/2018 Category: Service
Elvia said the people were nice and treated her nicely at this business. However, the work was not acceptable. She took her vehicle in because the steering wheel was extremely hard to turn. She was told they did not have the part but would order it. The vehicle was ready the next day, by about 3:30 pm. The price was extremely high. She paid over $2000. The following week the vehicle was doing exactly the same thing. She was upset because she had to spend a lot of money. The staff told her not to worry, because it was under warranty. She took her vehicle to another facility, because they stated they would fix it. That facility said they had no idea what this business had done, because the vehicle was never fixed. The mechanic did not understand how she was charged so much money. She plans to call the manager again, regarding this. She will not go back there at all, because she does not live in that state. She did say she saw the business had rotated the tires. She stated she is really confused why she had to pay so much money.
Freddy A., General Manager from First Stop Auto Center responded on 08/29/2018

Hello miss Victoria R .

You are actually reviewing the wrong shop , we are the shop that fixed your truck , remember me Freddy ? (First Stop Auto Center ) , the shop that charged you over $2000.00 was a different shop , they had replaced your rack & pinion , then you came to us , we explained that your truck needed a power steering pump and pressure hose, your truck got fixed , you came & picked it up and you said you were going to call the manager and showed him our invoice , you paid us $642.19 and try to work something out with them but i don't now what happened ! . Our Reputation is everything to us and making sure our customers are completely satisfied is our # 1 goal !

I would really appreciate it if you correct this review . Thank you so much miss Victoria R. ! and if we can ever be of assistance to you please call us or stop by any time ! Thank you !!

Freddy Aguirre.

Elmwood Park, IL
Chevrolet Cruze
01/16/2020
Emission test
Excellent customer service and nice waiting area!!! Freddy and his team did an outstanding job to repair my car. I highly recommend This auto repair shop to anyone without a doubt.

ES
Eric S.
Illinois
01/07/2020 Category: Service
Eric said that he had no complaints and it was well done.

EC
Emily C.
01/07/2020 Category: Service
Emily said Freddie is a good guy and she has been going there for a little while. He has always treated her good and fair.

DAVID S.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
01/05/2020
Great auto mechanic shop on the south side of Chicago.
I have been going to this car mechanic shop for about a year now. I have worked with Alex and Freddy in that timeframe. The service has been phenomenal. Freddy and Alex take the time to explain to you what they are doing prior to you authorizing work which always helps me understand the parts they are fixing on my SUV.

I have gone to other mechanics around the Brighton Park area. I always encounter mechanics who seem pressed for time and not too willing to talk with me about the exact parts they are fixing and why they are fixing it. Additionally, the 3 month service guarantees always worries me. First Stop Auto Center guarantees their work for a year.

I will say that the 1 year warranty does come with a slightly more expensive bill compared to other auto shops. I am paying more than I usually would at the other places but I keep coming here despite that because my car has not had the same problem repeat itself for each time I brought it in for maintenance. For example, my wife and I have taken our car to 3 auto shops because the steering fluid would consistently leak. All of the mechanics took their attempt to fix the leak in the transport pipes. Three months after they did their work the leak would always find a way to come back. First Stop Auto Center fixed that leak the first time I took it there. No more leak in a year. I am confident that what Freddy and his team fixed that issue for good.

In addition to all of this, I am always welcomed to the shop with a smile and willingness to consult with me right away. Everyone is nice and you don't feel like you don't belong there (lol - I had to mention this because I do feel like that in many other mechanic shops I go to). There is a nice waiting room for the guests stocked with coffee, candy, a tv, couch, and even a computer desk. I always feel comfortable with my family in there because my daughter can run around without compromising anyone's safety (including her own).

When I need to drop off our car to stay in the shop, Freddy usually orders an Uber for me to go home. This is a fantastic service that I have not seen from any other business, auto shop or not. I appreciate that a lot because it's one less thing to worry about regarding me not having a car while they are working on it.

I would highly recommend this auto repair shop for anyone looking for a reliable repair shop that stands by their work and provides a great customer service experience at the same time. I will continue going to this location for the foreseeable future!

JN
Jose N.
12/13/2019 Category: Service
Jose said he's been going to them for quite awhile.

LR
Luis R.
12/11/2019 Category: Service
Luis said the service was great.

TG
Tobias G.
12/10/2019 Category: Service
Tobias said the business had good service.

JESUS D.
Ford Police Interceptor
12/06/2019
Service and Check Points
Great and excellent service always, my service was excellent and the warranties are best, I recommend this mechanic shop to any body who wants best service on his car.

JESUS D.
Ford Econoline Wagon
12/04/2019
It is always a pleasure to receive a service of 1st stop auto because they did a great job and staff are always nice.

Douglas G.
11/26/2019 Category: Service
Douglas said he was satisfied with service.

AF
Agustin F.
Kia Sedona
11/21/2019 Category: Service
Agustin said the service was good and the staff got the job done.

BC

CV
CRISTINA V.
11/03/2019
great customer service
Every time I come to this auto shop I leave completely satisfied, their customer service is top notch, all staff are friendly, respectful and put you at ease, they throughly explain what needs to be repaired and are transparent about price expectancy and turnaround time.