DU
Deen U.
San Jose, CA
11/07/2019
Never again
I had my car towed into your place because your tow truck driver recommended it. My water pump went out within a few miles of your business. I was about 20 miles from my mechanic so on the recommendation of your driver I took the chance. I was told by the lady that answered the phone that it was not a busy day and your mechanics would be able to get right to replacing my water pump. So I went for it, which turned out to be a huge mistake. My car was towed into your business at 11:45am I told the guy at the front desk my water pump went out he said no problem they would run a check on it and would take a half hour. After waiting in the waiting room for an hour nothing! I asked the girl at the front desk if my car is being looked at she came back and said their getting to it. No joke it wasn’t until 3:30pm when the original guy I spoke to when I came in the morning came out and said to me “it is your water pump” (no shit Sherlock) so it took you guys 4 hours to tell me something I told you guys 4 hours ago! But that’s not the worst of it your employee then told me “ since it’s so late now you guys would not be able to do the work I was told would be “no problem” 4 hours earlier. Then he goes on to tell me “since it’s a Friday and we’re closed on weekends we can replace your water pump on Monday”. I told him that won’t work and for him just to get me another tow truck and I’ll have my car towed to my mechanic. He told me to call my AAA and order another tow truck since you guys are AAA approved it would be quick cause the call would be routed to your business. By this time it’s 4pm your tow truck didn’t get to your office till 4:50pm. So your guy charges me $67 dollars for exactly what I don’t have a clue!!! Maybe rent for me being held hostage for 6 HOURS in your business. So I towed it to my mechanic where we didn’t get there till 5:20pm. My mechanic stayed late for me and did the work your guys should’ve done 6 HOURS EARLIER!! Never again will I ever step foot in your business I’m writing AAA too tell them about my experience and how they should re-examine why the hell you guys are AAA approved......cause seriously there is no way in hell that should be!!
THANKS FOR NOTHING,,,,,,,

Raymond C.
Cupertino, CA
02/27/2019
Bad experience will not go to this shop
I brought a Toyota dealership estimate for replacement of actuator and arm assemblies for my Toyota Highlander to ask for a repair estimate from Fortes. After 2 days of follow up with the service advisor, I was told that I have to bring in my car in order for them to provide an estimate. This is a totally unsatisfying experience from a 4-5 star rated AAA approved auto repair facility! The dealership estimate provided all the part numbers requiring replacement and all they have to do is to provide their cost estimate based on this information. If their estimate is acceptable, I would have brought in my car for repair, and if they diagnose something different, that would have been a separate matter. Instead I have to have my car towed to them for an estimate? Why would I do that if their estimate is more than the Toyota dealer's? I did speak to a senior manager who affirmed the same thing - that they do not provide estimates based on even a reputable dealer's assessment of what needs to be done!

Raymond C.
Cupertino, CA
02/27/2019
Bad experience will never go to them again
I brought a Toyota dealership estimate for replacement of actuator and arm assemblies for my Toyota Highlander to ask for a repair estimate from Fortes. After 2 days of follow up with the service advisor, I was told that I have to bring in my car in order for them to provide an estimate. This is a totally unsatisfying experience from a 4-5 star rated auto repair facility! The dealership estimate provided all the part numbers requiring replacement and all they have to do is to provide their cost estimate based on this information. If their estimate is acceptable, I would have brought in my car for repair, and if they diagnose something different, that would have been a separate matter. Instead I have to have my car towed to them for an estimate? Why would I do that if their estimate is more than the Toyota dealer's? I did speak to a senior manager who affirmed the same thing - that they do not provide estimates based on even a reputable dealer's assessment of what needs to be done!

RN
Ramesh N.
Burlingame, CA
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Ramesh said his vehicle was towed to this facility and they only did the diagnostic. He took half a day off from work and traveled 40 miles to this facility to pick up the vehicle and got a call that it was not ready. When he got there, it had not even been touched.

WW
Wei W.
Santa Clara, CA
03/17/2018 Category: Service
Wei said the business was too expensive for repairs.

MY
Michelle Y.
Milpitas, CA
INFINITI FX35
02/15/2018 Category: Service
Michelle said the tow vehicle driver had a bad attitude and did not want to answer any of her questions. Her husband informed the business that they needed the vehicle back a soon as possible because they only have one vehicle. The business kept changing the diagnosis and prolonging the process.

BW
Brian W.
Santa Clara, CA
09/29/2017
Don't disclose license plate in unsecure email.
Why are you disclosing my licence plate number in unsecure email?

TD
Tim D.
Salida, CA
Chevrolet Camaro
05/05/2017
Mechanics can't diagnose your car and they overcharge.
They couldn't fix my car and give me a definitive answer of what was wrong with it. Also charged me $900 to replace a radiator when I did it for $200......

NF
Nicholas F.
San Jose, CA
03/04/2017 Category: Service
Nicholas said he would not recommend this business because the service they provided him with was terrible.

Jack S.
Dodge Sprinter
12/19/2015 Category: Service
Jack said the employees are good people but when his vehicle was towed to the facility he was told the diagnostic would be $80. Then they called the next day to tell him the cost would be over $200. He decided to have it towed to another business, but when they started the vehicle, it worked.

LP
Liwen P.
Mountain View, CA
BMW 325i
04/18/2015 Category: Service
Liwen said that when she first called to get the estimate, the employees were very patient with her and they stayed on the phone with her to explain the estimate in detail. She told them that she had to talk with her husband and they agreed. She called back and told them that her husband did not agree to do the $1700 job they suggested but that he would agree to the $270 part. The employees were very short with her. They were only giving her one word answers and being very impatient. She said that she would not recommend this business because of the way she was treated after not agreeing to what they wanted her to do.

AA
Anita A.
02/01/2015
Unethical! Do NOT TRUST!
Lies about repairs and warranties.

JO
Jennifer O.
Mountain View, CA
01/28/2015
Avoid at all costs
Based on their attention - or lack there of - to customer service this is a company that should be avoided at all costs. If this is how little they care, imagine what they are doing to your car.

Teresa the 'manager' is the rudest person I have ever dealt with. Her customer service skills match that of a cadged tiger. She actually hung up on me after I told her I couldn't call back with more information and asked what else we could do to look up the vehicle I was calling about. She seemed offended that I wanted her to do her job. She spoke to me like a teenage girl speaks to her mother when she's mad. It was disgusting. I called back and asked for her manager, she told me she was the only one I could speak to and she refused to give me the contact information for her boss or the owners.

SL
Scott L.
Kia Forte
11/10/2014
Took too long and didn't fix problem
Fortes took too long for them to try to fix my car. They didn't know how to properly fix it and kept delaying the finish date. It seemed like they were stalling and kept making up excuses why it wasn't ready yet. When I finally got my car back it broke down on me 1 hour after I picked it up and I was stranded in a city I didn't live in over night. Worst experience I've ever had with a car issue. They towed it the next day to the shop and still couldn't fully fix the issue. I had it towed from there to a dealership where they had it fixed in a matter of a few days.

BF
Brad F.
Dodge Intrepid
05/28/2014
Disappointed
Brought my vehicle in for an overheating problem. The verdict was a bad thermostat and I was quoted approximately $480 to complete the service. I reached out to another shop that had done work on my vehicle prior to switching to Fortes. I was quoted $260 and the work was completed for $219. I have an '04 Dodge Intrepid, and I recognize that it is a difficult car to work on. But this was less than half the cost quoted by Fortes. I switched to Fortes three years ago because their service had always been great and Wyman always offered a guarantee on the work they did. Since his departure the work has never been offered with a warranty and now I don't even feel I can trust their quotes.

Marleena G.
San Mateo, CA
Chrysler PT Cruiser
03/04/2014
Fortes review
I was informed of unethical business taking place with the tow drivers and fortes auto repair and will report to BBB,when my car was towed to this repair shop