Latest Review about 1 month ago

RA
Rebecca A.
New Braunfels, TX
12/11/2018
I cant even express the amount of gratitude I owe to Frank and his team! They were absolutely excellent! I was very stressed with all the problems I didn’t realize I had. Frank's Automotive was very through and caught all the problems another mechanic didn’t. Their service was excellent. They provided another level of high class service that I have never experienced before and they went above and beyond their duties to make sure that I was not stressed anymore. I am so happy with the work they’ve done that I immediately needed to write a review for them because they deserve all the credit and more.

Ron G.
Rude employees
From as soon as I walked in the door the employees there were lazy and seemed to be day dreaming. They had a few customers waiting and they had 2 employees that were not doing anything. Did not ask anyone how they could help. When I finally got to the counter, they talked to me as if I was stupid. I asked why labor was so expensive. I guess it takes them an hour to un-screw each bolt they work on because they charged me way more for labor then they first told me.

GD
George D.
Terrible service
I had some car trouble asked them to take a look, charged me way more than we originally agreed upon. Instead of making sure I was okay with the new price they decided to go ahead and work on it anyways. Now I'm stuck paying way more than I can afford and I DID NOT GIVE them the go ahead to replace the parts.

CD
Chris D.
Worst Mechanic shop
DO NOT GO HERE!!!!
They will rip you off. Charged me $345 for my alternator when I found the OEM for $150. I asked them to show we where they bought the alternator (made out of diamonds, for that price) and they couldn't show me the website where they found it from. I asked them if I could take the alternator out and not be charged, they gave me a b.s. answer saying I couldn't. Worst company I have ever come across. Please, for the love of god, do NOT go here.

RAY C.
03/08/2018
Diagnostic Process needs improvement.
The diagnostic process took to long. Unable to diagnosis the problem. Not efficient. My truck was kept at the shop for more than 5 days. I have been a loyal customer for many years. I take my family's cars there for repairs. I intend to stay with Frank's Automotive.

LF
larry f.
Wimberley, TX
03/07/2018
2005 Jeep Repair
2-19-18 -11:30 am Vehicle delivered to Franks. 2-21 - Call from Franks informing me that the problem was the Transfer Case and would get a used part from junk yard to replace. 2-23- No call from Franks so I call them at 5 pm. They report that Transfer Case was installed but now, it is stuck in 4 low wheel drive. Trying to diagnose. 2-27 - still no response from Franks. I have to call them to get update. Now they say there is some kind of code that is causing it to stick in low. Checking with manufacturer. 2-29 10 am. Franks report is they think there may be a problem with differential. I start an internet search to diagnose myself. After an hour search I find an identical situation with a solution that solved the problem. 11:30 I call Franks and give them the info to solve my vehicles problem. Said they would check it out and get back to me in an hour. 5 pm still no response. I call and talk to a supervisor named Bob. He says he was never informed. I sent him link to article from internet. An hour later he calls me back and informs me they would try this solution and have my vehicle ready 3-2 afternoon. At 5:30 pm I get call from Bob informing me an additional part will be needed to finish repair. Will order and get to it first thing 3-5. Finally I called at 5pm and they said was repaired and I could pick up. As far as I'm concerned, this whole ordeal was handled by Franks incompetently. Pretty sad that a customer has to diagnose repair himself. Will never use them again.

ZD
zoe d.
Spring, TX
03/07/2018 Category: Service
Zoe said everything went smoothly, and she would recommend the business for service.

Joshua G.
Katy, TX
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Joshua said he would recommend the business for service.

DT
Dana T.
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Dana said the employees were awesome and very nice.

Jessica C.
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Jessica said she has been having to go back to the business, for the staff to re-do what was originally put in her vehicle, because it had still been having problems. She said she may have to go back to the business again, because her vehicle is still acting the same way it was, before she took it there to get fixed.

IM
Irma M.
Nissan Maxima
03/05/2018 Category: Service
Irma said the staff was very, very helpful.

EL

JOHN L.
Lockhart, TX
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
02/20/2018
Frank's Automotive better than the dealer!
Great service and much better service and pricing than the Mercedes dealerships in Austin and San Antonio.

CF
Curtis F.
Ford Bronco
02/14/2018 Category: Service
Curtis said that he would recommend the business.

Cassidy M.
Chevrolet Blazer
02/07/2018 Category: Service
Cassidy said the repairs were done in a timely manner.

HF
Hunter F.
02/07/2018 Category: Service
Hunter said the business has a friendly atmosphere and good service.

FB
Faith B.
Volvo 850
02/07/2018 Category: Service
Faith said after she left the facility, there were some electrical issues, like the radio would not turn on and the windshield wipers would not work on her vehicle. The original problem was not fixed, so she had to take it back to the facility to get it resolved.

Joseph B.
02/06/2018 Category: Service
Joseph said the staff did what they promised, and it was done in a timely manner.

VS
Valerie S.
02/03/2018 Category: Service
Valerie said the business is a bit pricy.

GG
Gerald G.
Tyler, TX
Dodge Charger
02/02/2018 Category: Service
Gerald said the employees charged him an outrageous amount for the diagnostic check that wasn't needed. He had already explained what the issue of the vehicle was. Also, the employees wouldn't start work on the vehicle for a week, until he called and asked where the vehicle was in its process. He stated Mark specifically showed no good customer service and was extremely careless.
Frank S. from Frank's Automotive responded on 02/19/2018

Dont know why customer states was charged for diagnosis because he paid nothing for us to look at his vehicle. he brought vehicle in for warranty work from another shop . we found the problem and contacted his warranty company with information he provided , we would not start work untill we heard from warranty company , the warranty company declined on paying for this repair. customer declined on the repairs and vehicle was released without charge ,

Frank Sanchez