Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5rating 4.33333
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

MIKE G.
BMW M5
02/15/2019
It is terrific to find knowledgeable, competent techs who have the experience necessary to work on old BMWs!
I've owned lots of cars through the years - some older and some newer. I've had the opportunity to deal with plenty of grease monkeys/mechanics/technicians who have worked on my cars. Without a doubt, Alan Kidson runs the most professional auto repair facility I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I drove 2 hours+ (one way) in Atlanta traffic for the privilege of having Alan and Michael work on my 1991 BMW M5. Top marks!!! A++!!!

SAM B.
Porsche 911 Carrera
02/15/2019
great service and good guys...
very attentive......very trustworthy....

FA
FRED A.
Porsche Boxster
02/14/2019
Quality work
Fair pricing, convienant location, quality work.

SK
Stan K.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Stan said the employees were very accommodating. They provided him great service information. They provided great work.

NP
NAYAN P.
Dacula, GA
02/13/2019
Best place to get you bmw repaired!
Taylor and staff were great, GCR is much better than a dealer. Taylor made sure to call me with updates. My BMW is running smoothly, thanks to them.

LF
LONNIE F.
Fairburn, GA
Porsche Cayenne
02/12/2019
Ignition Lock Faulty
The GCR team listened carefully to my concerns and directly addressed my vehicle’s needs. The repair was done in a timely manner and the quality of work was top notch.

Dave P.
Roswell, GA
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
02/12/2019 Category: Service
Dave said the business is always on time, they charge good prices and there is no up selling. They are honest, trustworthy and their integrity is above reproach.

ANTHONY B.
Porsche Macan
02/09/2019
Best Customer Service
Always great customer service, superior workmanship and knowledgeable team

MIKE M.
Atlanta, GA
MINI Cooper Hardtop
02/06/2019
Always appreciate your honesty
My 2003 Mini Cooper S has been exhibiting strange creaks and groans. Intensive inspection suggested new steering rack, clutch, flywheel, bushings, etc. Total cost would have run to $6K, yet Kelly Blue Book value is only $1103. I asked Alan for his frank and honest opinion. He was blunt: if you're going to sell, don't spend any more. No arm-twisting, no BS... just an honest opinion. That's a good reason to keep coming back, which we will. Thanks, Alan!

GW
GEORGE W.
Atlanta, GA
BMW 850CSi
02/05/2019
CARING PEOPLE WHO ARE TRULY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THEIR SERVICE
It is a pleasure taking my cars to German Car Repair. I look forward every time to seeing Alan and Yvette Kidson, Michael Spooner, Mark Delifer and Taylor McDonald. They all treat me like a family member and are genuinely enthusiastic about what they do. It readily shows in their concern for the needs of my cars and applying their expertise to get those problems addressed in a timely and professional manner. They are all car enthusiasts as well and go out of their way to be a part of the car community in the Atlanta area and beyond. This was most recently exhibited with a generous send-off for a fellow BMW owner who had extensive work done on his classic Bimmer at German Car Repair. The event was held on Saturday when the shop is normally closed. Alan and his employees graciously and willingly gave up their weekend time to turn a send-off for a special customer into a party and impromptu car show before sending him off on his long trip home in another state. A number of fellow car enthusiasts were invited to enjoy a tasty brunch in GCR's immaculate shop for this event. All of this was at GCR's expense and the employees willingly attended on their day off. This is all-telling of the level of commitment that German Car Repair goes to for its enthusiast customers. Mr.Kidson frequently attends local car shows driving his classic BMW as well as being a sponsor for more distant specialty marque shows in other states. Few shop owners are willing to devote this amount of time to be a viable part of the car enthusiast community and it readily shows in the quality of work German Car Repair extends to every customer and their car.

ROBERT B.
Volkswagen Golf GTI
02/02/2019
Impressive Facilty
First visit to German Car Repair. Referral from a friend. My car required just routine maintenance. I have a VW GTI and would like to have the car looked after by a reputable facility. Very Friendly staff! Invited me to come back to the bays where service done and it is spotless! Looks like a great place to work! Reasonable rates as well. I feel this group is passionate about taking care of your German Car. I am very impressed and will plan on continuing to use them!

Volkswagen Passat
02/01/2019
VW Repair
Dash warning lights on all the time. Told it is a wheel (ABS) sensor. Had sensor changed and an oil change for $331.00 Lights now on only when cold outside. Expensive oil change wasn't it.

I have another a[pointment to bring the car back.
ALAN K. from German Car Repair responded on 02/05/2019

Ron,

Thank you for your feedback. I think it is pertinent to fill in some missing information. We performed an initial diagnosis at no charge to you (While you waited), and found the Right Front wheel speed sensor had an open circuit, verified at the sensor itself. You were unable to leave the vehicle with us. We ordered the replacement part and scheduled you in for the repair, and replaced the sensor, again while you waited. We verified operation of the sensor and road tested the car with no issues or warning lights. Per your initial request, the warning lights were "on all the time".
Now, evidently they are only on when the ambient temps are low. It is not possible to predict a situation like this, when we are not afforded the opportunity to have the car in our possession at least overnight to test it ourselves. We did repair an issue that clearly needed attention.
Perhaps an opportunity to have the car here for more than an hour or two would be appropriate to further diagnose your car.
Regards,

Alan Kidson.
Owner.

EZ
ED Z.
Porsche 911
01/30/2019
Great Experience
Stopped in to inspect the shop and set up a service for my 2013 Porsche C4S. They were able to fit me right in for an oil service...done in less than an hour. Very reasonable price and they also reset the service menu, which the dealer refused to do without also paying for a high-priced "inspection". Way faster and more convenient than the dealership. Clean, comfortable waiting area. A real pleasure.

Porsche Cayman
01/28/2019
Great team. Great shop. High expertise.
I've taken my GT4 to German Car Repair twice. Once for air filter installation and most recently to have Tarrett Brake studs installed and an oil/filter change.

They are responsive, saw me when they said they would, and do what they say. Their location is modern and extremely clean. It's evident they take great pride in their location.

Work was completed same day, service interval was reset, and I trust my car is in good hands with Jerry and Taylor.

If you have a Porsche and are looking for an independent shop, I highly recommend them. Give Taylor a call.

SA
SIDNEY A.
Mercedes-Benz 560SL
01/28/2019
Friendly fast clean service
I was a little apprehensive at first because of past experience with other Mercedes mechanics but when i left i felt i had found a place to take my car and know that it would be repaired properly and not have to think was the repair necessary. thank you

RICHARD G.
Volkswagen Touareg
Botched Oil Change - Resolution
Alan, the owner, personally contacted me the following day and apologized for the mistake. He offered to refund me the price of the oil change and I accepted. All is forgiven. I have had excellent service with GGR previously and will not hold this one mistake against them.

Botched Oil Change
This was my second oil change here. The first one was fine without any issues. But on the second one, the service tech overfilled the crankcase (warning message) and did not tighten the oil drain plug properly resulting in a messy leak. I had to fix these issues on a cold Sunday in my driveway using ramps. I don't have a climate controlled shop with lifts. That's why I paid GCR for an oil change.
ALAN K. from German Car Repair responded on 01/28/2019

Richard,

We have no excuse for this one, and I apologize. I will be happy to refund the oil service to you, or offer you a complimentary oil service when the next one is due. I would also like to arrange for any clean-up on your Touareg and your floor at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Alan Kidson.

SCOTT M.
Suwanee, GA
Mercedes-Benz ML350
01/27/2019
Fast friendly service. Cool waiting area.
Great service and very fast. Great price to.

Mercedes-Benz E350
01/25/2019
Great service.
Both tech advisers were good on details.

Marietta, GA
01/25/2019
Routine service
Appointment was very good as usual; quick service, knowledgeable, friendly team. Will continue to have my BMW serviced there.

WM
WAYLON M.
01/24/2019
excellent service every time
Can't say enough great things about these guys. They are so polite, thoroughly explain what they are going to do and why, and ensure we keep our "baby girl" on the road, safe, and still driving like new even though she is 9 years old now.