4.4

Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5Overall Rating 3.9/5

10/22/2020 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
Received great service on my Tucson with reasonable prices.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/22/2020

We are pleased  to hear you had a wonderful experience at our Service Department! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Michelle P.
Lake Villa, IL
2019 Hyundai Elantra
10/21/2020 Category: Service
Exceptional Service
I would definitely recommend Gurnee Hyundai, they did a great job on my detailing and oil change service
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/22/2020

We greatly appriciate your kind words, amazing feedback, and awesome rating! We strive to deliver 100% customer satisfaction, and we are pleased to know we accomplished that goal! Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

DA
Daniel A.
Highland Park, IL
10/20/2020
Brian was my salesman and was very kind, detailed oriented and a great person to answer all of my questions. He was a big reason for me buying my car at Gurnee Hyundai. Would highly recommend this dealership and this salesman.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/20/2020

We are pleased to hear that your sales experience was wonderful! We look forward to assisting you with your future vehicle maintenace needs!

Fox Lake, IL
10/20/2020 Category: Service
Thanks!
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience with Pete! We are pleased to hear we met your expectations! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Round Lake, IL
2019 Hyundai Elantra
10/20/2020 Category: Service
Check up service
Good service.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/20/2020

Thank you for the positive review and rating! We are happy to know that you had a good service experience with us and with the help of James who was professional and friendly! We value your business and we look forward to any future visits!

ZS
Zachary S.
10/19/2020
Pete & Service staff
Thanks Pete, and to all in the Service Center!
You helped turn a troubling, frustrating, engine replacement, into a low-key, lower cost situation than I anticipated.
Greatly appreciated.

Certainly recommend.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/20/2020

Thank you Zachary for the amaing review and rating! We are pleased to have Pete as a service advisor, and we are glad he was able to help you! We look forward to assisting you in the future with your vehicle maintanance needs!

Shane M.
Mchenry, IL
10/17/2020
Service with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE
Just purchased a NEW 2020 Elantra and on day 5 of owning this NEW car the OVERHEAT warning light came on! I had no idea what to do! I called the Gurnee dealership & asked for the sales department so i could talk to the associate that sold me my car. He wasn't working that day. I told the sales associate on the phone about the warning light. He didn't know what to do either but said the service department should know & transferred me there. I then told the service department what was going on and they said they had an opening and could get me in that day. Since, I've never been to the service area i asked where it was. I wasn't sure if it was on the left side, right side or in back of the dealership. She said its under the sign that says SERVICE. Very helpful.

So I get to the dealership and explain to the Service Advisor Tomy what's going on. He says he has never seen a NEW car with less than 300 miles with an OVERHEAT warning. Then he takes my keys and some personal info and in the middle of doing this leaves me to go take care of ANOTHER customer. So i'm kinda just left standing there. I didn't wanna wait inside the dealership so i walk to a store nearby. A little over an hour later i get a phone call from Tomy asking where i went. (Like, really... it took you this long to notice that i disappeared) He tells me my cars not good and it's gonna take a few days to fix because of how bad it is. So i tell them i need a loaner car since they are keeping mine. And at first they are not sure they can provide one but Tomy does find me one.

Getting the loaner was not a great experience. It felt like i did something wrong. what happened to my NEW car was clearly out of my control. I have to give them my credit card, i cant go over 500 miles, i have to refill it with the same amount of gas & i have 24 hours to return the loaner once told my car is ready. Like, why don't i get a complimentary car for something that's NOT my fault. I end up having the loaner car 10 days. i get 1 message (on day 5) that they have to order a part and then only get 1 message when my car is ready . 2 messages over 10 days!

it's ready. So i get to the SERVICE center desk and the clerk has me sign some papers and gives me my keys. And as i'm signing i'm asking if they put all the gas they used back in my car since i had to put all the gas i had used back into in the loaner car. (it's the principle) And i only knew how much they ran my car thanks to the HYUNDAI Blue Link technology. I got several emails saying my engine had been on longer than 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes etc.. The Service Clerk says she doesn't know and i have to bring that up with Tomy. So i go into the service area where the Service Advisor desks are and wait for him. After 20 minutes of waiting i go back inside to the desk clerk and ask her to find him. I wait another 20 minutes. No Tomy. So now i just wanna leave, i'm done waiting. So i ask the clerk where my car is. It's somewhere on the left of the building she says. Wow! Great service! I get that Hyundai's are on the LOW end for cars... but maybe adding a PORTER would make it a little nicer. Just a thought.

So overall, im not really sure i can recommend this place for SERVICE. Truly lacking CUSTOMER SERVICE skills.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/19/2020

We are sorry to hear about your experience here in our service department. If you could please give us a call at your earliest convenience, we would love to learn more about your visit, and make things right!

Don Conrad
847-249-1300 x966

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/15/2020 Category: Service
Not following mandate
I was very troubled to see staff members without masks. Many of the staff in the service department were not following the mandate and did not wear a mask. The stall doors weren't open in the service area so it was entirely enclosed. The mandate includes all businesses and individuals and I was troubled to see Hyundai was not following the mandate, for their own safety as well as the customers.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/15/2020

Thank you for speaking with us on the phone regarding your concerns and giving us a chance to make things right! We greatly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

B H.
Gurnee, IL
10/14/2020
Pete, Mechanics and Team went above and beyond to ensure I was happy
This was my first visit to this dealer. Pete was extremely helpful right from the start. Had to leave my care over night and when i needed a ride home and no one was available to take me, he didnt hesitate. In addition, he ensured 2 master mechanics took care of my car problems, ensured i was satisfied with all the work done on my car and made financially it worked well for me too. This place felt like working with a good buddy that happens to also be a mechanic. I highly recommend taking your car here.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/15/2020

We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience here at our service apartment with Pete. We look forward to assisting  you in the future with all your vehicle maintenance needs.

SG
Stacey G.
Lake Geneva, WI
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/14/2020 Category: Service
Fast ser
Service was very good, and I'm very happy with my experience this time. Very polite and kept me informed all the way.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/18/2020

We are pleased to hear that your visit met your expectations and went better than your last visit!

PM
Pete M.
Antioch, IL
2020 Hyundai Palisade
10/14/2020 Category: Service
Friendly and courteous personnel
Everyone is very polite and helpful. Rarely find dealerships with this type of business.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/18/2020

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and awesome rating! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Don B.
Round Lake, IL
10/13/2020 Category: Service
Nice work
Friendly people
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/15/2020

Thank you for the kings words and awesome rating.  It was a pleasure serving you,  and we are pleased to hear we met your expectations!

SP
Sharon P.
Pleasant Prairie, WI
10/09/2020
Car service
Everything was handled professionally and in a timely fashion
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/09/2020

Thank you for the excellent rating, and great feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

MV
Marisol V.
Antioch, IL
10/08/2020
DANIELLE IN SERVICE
I own a 2020 Tucson. At the time of purchase was owed a sunroof within WEEKS which turned into months because of pandemic. Danielle in Service would have to call and update me with DELAY and she was so GENTLE AND POLITE delivering the message but also ON TOP OF IT to making her calls to GET MY SUNROOF. As much as I called her with sooo many questions of who, what and WHEN she was always so pleasant and NEVER bothered! Thank you Danielle for all your help and your PATIENCE and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/09/2020

Thank you Marisol for the kind words, awesome feedback and excellent rating! We are very pleased to hear that Danielle was able to assist you in the best way possible! We look forward to assisting you with any vehicle needs in the future!

TC
Tony C.
Lincolnshire, IL
10/08/2020
Experience @Gurnee Hyundai Service Department
Service Consultant Tommy is friendly and understanding when I have questions about my 2020 Palisade Limited, he answered all my concerns and get me in and out in a jiffy. It's a pleasant experience overall and will recommend to my friends and family.
DONALD E C. from Gurnee Hyundai responded on 10/08/2020

Tony, thank you for taking the time to share your awesome experience with Tommy and we are looking forward to taking care of your auto needs in the future.