4.6

Janice B.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/07/2020 Category: Service
Customer Service
I was very pleased with the customer service received here and the way they scheduled my appointment and the follow up call when the vehicle was complete. I got exactly what I needed and it do not break the bank
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 07/09/2020

Thanks for the great review and comments. We appreciate your business. Hope you have a great week!

EB
Evelyn B.
New Franklin, OH
07/01/2020 Category: Service
Hall Hyundai--Service YES, Sales-hard NO!
I was 11 hours away from home, in Rodanthe, NC when the engine on my Hyundai Sonata seized. We had to have the car towed almost 100 miles to Hall Hyundai in Elizabeth City.

First the SERVICE department: I worked with Megan C. in the service department and she was an absolute Godsend. She worked hard from the minute the car arrived, being empathetic to the fact I was so far away from home and had to check out of my rental home in 48 hours. She submitted a warranty request as quickly as possible. I was literally standing in line at the only rental car place in the Outer Banks with my personal credit card in hand, when she called and said Hyundai agreed to pay for a rental. It hadn't even occurred to me they would pay and I hadn't asked. 15 minutes later she called back to tell me the warranty request had been approved and I would be getting a new engine. She sounded as excited as I was. She arranged for me to keep my rental car back home until my car was repaired and she stayed in regular contact with me. When the car was ready, she suggested I call the Hyundai customer care line and through them, they arranged to have the car brought to my local dealer saving me a quick 24-hour round trip to get the car. The service department also found a creaking sound that my mechanic couldn't identify. They fixed it, even offering to use aftermarket parts to save me some money. I got the car back about 2 weeks after the break down and it drives great! They did a very good job, who knows, maybe I'll shoot for 200,000 miles. The service department gets the 5 stars and if I lived in NC I would recommend service.
Now to SALES. That was a horrible experience that literally drove me to tears. My friend and I arrived at the dealership before the car did and the sales department started their hard sale the minute I walked in the door. Since I didn't know at the time if the repair would be covered under warranty, buying a new car might have been a necessity, but I told them repeatedly I needed to find out the status of my car first. Throughout the process I asked if my car had arrived every 30 minutes and they kept saying no. I wanted to know why my car wasn't there if my friend and I drove to the dealership at the same time the car left. They gave me an answer that made absolutely no sense. My next concern was there couldn't have been more than 25 cars in the lot to choose from, but the man behind the desk boasted about having access to thousands of cars he could have brought in within an hour. He asked my price range and I gave it to him. We had to look at the cars on our individual cell phones because of social distance restrictions-no problem. Between wearing masks and the blaring music we couldn't hear most of what our salesman said. He immediately started telling me why I wouldn't want to keep my car if it got a new engine. I selected at least 8-10 used cars from their website and desk guy would call on each one and then tell me the car wasn't available. I asked why they were on the web if they weren't available. He said they were being used as loaners and wouldn't be available for sale for at least a month. The salesman kept saying "I have a dozen Sonata's out back, but I can't sell any of them to you. To me that was nonsense because that is exactly how I got my last Sonata. Frustrated, I stepped outside to take a break. When I turn around, I run directly into salesman who says they will sell me a base model Tucson even though they are going to lose money on it, IF I increase my price range by just $40 a month. I started to looked at my cell phone and he snapped at me "stop looking at your cell phone, it's just frustrating you." NO, your shady practices are frustrating me. When I stated again that I needed to wait on my car, salesman said "oh your car is here, but service is about to close". I was done. But desk guy wasn't. He tells me the problem is I need to increase my monthly payment by nearly $100, but any one of the cars on their website--but mysteriously not available--would have been lower than my budget. Then I asked him how he figured my monthly payments if we didn't know trade in value on my car yet. I got a silent stare. Back on the Outer Banks, I start getting calls that they want me to come back. They even tried to tell me I could buy with them and they would have it transported home to me. Thank God the car was under warranty, because I would have taken Greyhound home before I bought a car from them. I have bought several cars from my Hyundai dealership in Ohio and have never gotten the stupid little lady treatment I got at Hall Hyundai. Sales gets zero stars.
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 07/03/2020

Thank you for the great review. I am sorry about your concerns in Sales. I have relayed this info to our General Manager for review. Hope you have a safe and happy Holiday!

James G.
Hertford, NC
06/30/2020 Category: Service
Friendly efficient service
Geat place and friendly experienced people.
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 07/03/2020

Thanks for the great review. Hope you have a safe and happy Holiday. We appreciate your business!

Camden, NC
06/21/2020 Category: Service
Please change my rating to 5 star
Prompt and friendly service. Very pleased
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 06/22/2020

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business and hope you have a great week!

Judith C.
Hertford, NC
06/16/2020 Category: Service
COMFORTABLE WAITING AREA
DID NOT TAKE LONG
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 06/19/2020

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business and hope you have a great day!

Jeanna F.
2019 Hyundai Tucson
06/10/2020 Category: Service
Great!
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 06/12/2020

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business!

TA
Timothy A.
Kill Devil Hills, NC
06/05/2020 Category: Service
Excellent customer service.
Acted like they were there for you. Delivered what was promised.
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 06/05/2020

Thanks for the great review and comments. We appreciate your business and hope you have a great weekend!

Moyock, NC
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/01/2020 Category: Service
Hyundai Elizabeth City
Hyundai of Elizabeth City is a great dealership with friendly and courteous people.
The service dept is excellent they took care of the issue we were having with our 2012 Elantra and it was a very fair price.
We recently traded in our 2017 Tucson for a 2020 Tucson. We really like our Hyundai's!
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 06/03/2020

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business! Hope you have a great week!

David C.
05/30/2020 Category: Service
A++
Great service and people. Very friendly and knowledgeable
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business. Hope you have a great week!

LR
Larry R.
Gates, NC
2019 Hyundai Elantra
05/20/2020 Category: Service
The staff was great, as was the service.
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 05/21/2020

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business! Stay safe!

TW
Terri W.
05/19/2020 Category: Service
Friendly Staff
I couldn't have asked for better service. Meghan in service was very good to work with.
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 05/21/2020

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business and MISS you!! Hope you have a great week!

SD
Samecia D.
05/14/2020 Category: Service
Awesome service
Awesome!
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 05/14/2020

Thank for the great review! We appreciate your business!

KP
Kenton P.
Merry Hill, NC
05/14/2020 Category: Service
rountine service
once again the salesperson gave me an update on what service I need for preventive measures to keep my car running smmoth
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 05/21/2020

Thanks for the great review. We appreciate your business!

Jarvisburg, NC
05/11/2020 Category: Service
review of service
Every one was very helpful polite & professional
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 05/14/2020

Hobbsville, NC
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/10/2020 Category: Service
Good Service
They did a great job!
AMY S P. from Hall Hyundai Elizabeth City responded on 05/11/2020

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business.