Heritage Body and Frame Pond Springs

Latest Review over 3 years ago

Michael B.
02/25/2016 Category: Collision
Michael said it took a lot longer than he anticipated. He was not given a specific time frame of when his vehicle would be ready. There was no communication from the business during the repair process. The price was higher than what he was quoted. They put in a used part and charged him for a new one. He asked them to do some work and they did not do the work. He spoke with the manager and he offered to do some work for him but he told him it would be inconvenient for him. He found out his vehicle was ready for pick up by his insurance company. The business did not call to let him know his vehicle was ready. The receptionist was nice.

NM
Neil M.
11/02/2015
Beware! Worst ever. Steer way clear of this shoddy, dishonest, body shop.
Beware! Steer way clear of this shoddy, dishonest, and actually outright fraudulent body shop. This includes both of their locations on Pond Springs in Austin as well as in Cedar Park. Their supposed life of the vehicle warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. I very much wish that SureCritic reviews would provide the ability to give a ZERO or negative star rating so that I would not have to give this business even 1 star in order to publish this review. This shop and its staff recently provided my wife and I with the absolute worst auto body repair experience in our lifetime. Prior to being broadside hit in late July, our 2010 Toyota Prius was in immaculate condition. As things turned out, the even way worse nightmare began when my wife picked up the car from Heritage soon after Moriah telephoned claiming that it was fully repaired, checked, and ready to go. Upon arriving home, it became quickly clear to me that not only was the repair sloppy and careless, but in numerous major ways flat-out defective. The list of defective repair items totaled 20. After having returned the car to Heritage for them to fix these 20 defects, to this day two (2) of the more major ones still remain. When I pointed this out to Moriah in an email, her apparent reaction was to ignore by not replying. Later, I followed up with a second email, to which the supposed "Quality" guy Nathan replied stating his refusal to address any further defects associated with the repair work Heritage mis-performed on our car. And that's the way it is, Heritage's advertised life of the vehicle warranty is nothing more that a big fraud to get folk's business, and the finished repair work they deliver is almost the worst I could have imagined.

Dan L.
07/01/2014 Category: Collision
Dan said he was not satisfied with the quality of the repair because the muffler is still making a lot of noise, the vehicle is still not done and he has to take it back to have it done right. He stated it sounds like he is dragging cans down the street. Also, he mentioned that he was not kept adequately informed during the repair process nor was he satisfied with this business's communication because he had to call for updates. For these reasons he would not recommend this facility to others because he would not want them to have the same experience. The business does not seem the same as it had been. Lastly, he said they washed the vehicle very well.

Cynthia H.
05/28/2014 Category: Collision
Cynthia said they still have not solve the problem with the body work. The repair took longer than promised because he had to bring it back 3 times. She had to contact them for updates. She was not informed of her estimate right away. She is not satisfied with the she was treated by the personnel for the reasons already mentioned. They did not communicate well. She would not recommend this facility for the reasons already mentioned.

TG
Tom G.
01/13/2014
Unacceptable Work
Very disappointed in work performed. Would not make improvements that I thought were necessary.

NV
Nicole V.
11/16/2013
Broke my key fob, refuse to replace it.
Got rear ended, the ladies insurance has an office here so I decided to just go ahead and get my car fixed here because the reviews seem great.

To be fair, they did a great job repairing my bumper... BUT they broke my key fob in the process and refuse to take blame. My key fob is the only way I lock my car, open my trunk, and set my alarm. I have never had a single issue.

I drop my car off, lock the doors, set the alarm with the key fob, no problems. Come to pick up my car, go to switch the stuff from my rental back into my car, the fob doesn't work. My fiancé tells them and they say it's probably the battery, which is understandable. I take it to walmart, replace the battery and it still doesn't work, we go back to heritage.

The girl at the desk right away starts dismissing it as saying there was nothing they could have possibly done to break it with just bumper work.... Which absolutely just pissed me off. I can't stand people making excuses and not taking blame or just being open to the fact that maybe they did in fact mess up, especially right away without even knowing exactly what is going on. Anyway, we make an appointment for a few days later so they can look at it. We discover if you press the fob really hard in the middle while pressing the buttons it will work. Which leads me, and my mechanic fiancé, to believe it has been dropped/something has been knocked loose. It's obviously broke. At my fiance's reputable shop, if a key fob breaks while in their care, they replace it no questions asked. Which obviously, is how any respectable company would handle the situation.

Finally we go in and speak to a guy named Nathan, who says he's manager. Now, if Nathan is a manager, the owner of Heritage is wasting precious payroll on someone who is absolutely not fit for the position. Nathan is RIDICULOUS and EXTREMELY rude. He just smirks and speaks in circles, not taking blame, saying there is no way to know if the shop broke it or if it just broke over time. His solution is to each go half on replacing the key fob because he says the key fob doesn't look brand new. Absolutely Ridiculous. To make it even WORSE, he shows me this key fob that doesn't have a trunk open, I don't even think has an alarm button, pulls up an E BAY page and says that's the one he will help towards replacing. It's nothing at all like my current key fob. I asked for my keys back, he says OKAY with a smirk. I walk away absolutely LIVID.

Leaving my car at any shop is based on trust. I trust them to take care of my car, every piece of my car. KEYS INCLUDED.

I finally called the lakeline location and spoke to the manager, Drew, about what had happened at the pond springs location. He seemed very nice and professional, seemed to listen when I was speaking and said he would see what he could do about the situation. I will update when/if I hear back from him.

UPDATE 11/16/13 - Drew told me he had contacted the owner on Tuesday, it's saturday and nothing else has been done. Either Drew lied, or the owner just doesn't care. Either way, this company is disgusting and untrustworthy.

BC
Billy C.
Leander, TX
10/31/2013 Category: Collision
Billy said he is very unhappy that he has to take another day off work and go through the hassle of getting another rental vehicle. He said his vehicle is back at the business because the work was not completed. He chose not to elaborate further. They did not set a due date and it would have been helpful it the person who prepared his estimate had returned his calls. He was told they closed at one time, but he found out that was not true. He will not recommend this business because of their lack of communication.

CR
Cole R.
06/15/2013 Category: Collision
Cole said he had to take his vehicle back several times because they had issues matching the paint. Now the paint looks good but he sees scuff marks on his tail light lens so the vehicle has to go back yet again. His vehicle is brand new so the scuff marks are a little disheartening. In order to make the paint match they had to blend it. The insurance company handling his claim initially said they don't cover blending so there was confusion on who was going to pay for it. The insurance did end up covering it but because of the initial mayhem he wasn't satisfied with his estimate. He wasn't thrilled with their communication to him as it relates to the mix up over who would pay for his paint blending. As of right now he wouldn't recommend the business due to this, which is unfortunate to him as he had planned to bring in another vehicle for some work.

TG
Tom G.
09/20/2012
Horrible Service
Terrible service terrible work!! Do not go here if you love your car. They will not stand behind their work.

GR
Gilberto R.
07/20/2012
This place is a nightmare
They took two weeks to fix my truck
Every time they called me to pick it up it was unacceptable they jerked me around send the adjuster lowballed me the whole time I finally had enough I found the leather seat with black gunk on all over they tried to tell me it was already there
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy
Jason B. from Heritage Body and Frame Pond Springs responded on 07/20/2012
The customer is correct, we did take longer on his vehicle.. The customer also refused to pick up his vehicle due to rock chips that were not related to his claim. We, out of courtesy, re did the parts with the UNRELATED rock chips to appease the customer. This was the reason for the delay. The "gunk" what ever it was wiped off with a damp rag. We also did not charge the customer for the additional Buff work he requested, even though the work was performed. Again in effort to show we were doing our part to meet his expectations. I feel we went the extra mile to please this customer, but unfortunately when some one is complaining about unrelated preexisting damage, it does make it hard to be satisfied.

Diamond H.
12/28/2011 Category: Collision
Howard said he was not happy with the length of time it took to complete the repair and when he went to open his vehicle's door it wouldn't open. His vehicle was 2 weeks late because they found addtional damage. He wasn't kept adequately informed during the repair process, he had to keep calling. He will not recommend this business for the above reasons.

YC
Yu Ching C.
09/01/2011 Category: Collision
Yu Ching said that he was not satisfied with the quality of the repair because the brake lights were not installed properly and there was a scratch on the bumper. He was not satisfied with the treatment he received from the personnel because when he told them the brake light was not installed correctly and they just made fun of it. He would not recommend this business for the above reasons.

Mehendra P.
07/02/2011 Category: Collision
Mehendra said his experience wasn't good because they didn't seal the headlight casing properly after replacing the bumper and the headlight is fogging. He also said it took two weeks for the repairs and it was promised to be done in two or three days. The communication was not satisfactory because he kept having to call and get updates on the vehicle. Because of these reasons he would not recommend the business.

Connie C.
06/28/2011 Category: Collision
Connie said she was not satisfied with the quality of the repair because they lost her licence plate. She was not kept adequately informed during the repair process, she had to call this business for information regarding the status of her vehicle. She was not satisfied with the business' communication, and she would not recommend this business for the above reasons.
Jason B. from Heritage Body and Frame Pond Springs responded on 07/04/2011
We offered to reimburse the customer for their licence plate. (The Licence plate office will not allow us to go down for the Customer, or we would have.)Some times unfortunately the plates are destroyed or lost at the accident scene. And some times they are thrown out by the shop on accident when they are still attached to the damaged bumper.
Jason B. from Heritage Body and Frame Pond Springs responded on 07/04/2011
This was a large two claim ( front and Rear) job. We had to rework some one else's very poor repairs( at no additional cost) in the same area just so we could do all the proper procedures to give the customer a solid warranted finish product. I feel a 1 star is much to harsh considering all the extra work and cost we had to incur so the customer would leave with a much better product than they came in with.