Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

ST
Scott T.
04/12/2018 Category: Service
Scott said he heard Sid the manager talking behind his back to another customer. He said Sid told him he could not work on his vehicle because he had already told the customer he would not.

FB
Felton B.
12/20/2017 Category: Service
Felton said he's very unhappy with the service, this is the second time the staff got grease on the floor board and floor mats. It's very bad service.

MK
MIKE K.
White, GA
Chrysler Sebring Sdn
07/30/2017
Not the way I want to be treated
I had my battery replaced 10 months ago and and it went bad, being in Cherokee county my wife had to have it replaced. Not only did I find out I was overcharged by 50.00 for the exact same battery, but I had to wait 45 minutes for the battery to be tested. When I went back I was given a new battery without even looking at the old battery. I was told "I don't know why I didnt do this to start with." Moral of the story is my time is just as important as yours and I will never be back.

MARQUEITA H.
Hyundai Santa Fe
06/22/2017
Almost damaged my hood
That will be my last time going there, as I'm looking outside when they pulled my car around, I see two men out there repeatedly slamming my hood down. I see a good size gap in between good and car. I get up and go out there and want a reason why my car doesn't look like it did when I brought it in. I express that it wasn't like that and not in a friendly way did I get an explanation, I was told well we couldn't have bent your hood. I'm in complete shock and thought I was gonna have to report this as me and the employee look over and see where the guys in the back left a flashlight under my hood laying on my car keeping it from shutting. Did I get an apology, NOPE. That is very bad service and you could have damaged my car by slamming and pushing my hood to try and get it to look normal. Word of mouth and I will see if you're even affiliated with BBB. Lose attitude, say sorry and obviously get better employees!

AH
AMBER H.
Kingston, GA
Kia Sportage
10/04/2016
After speaking with them about what happened they were very helpful and polite. They inspected my car and resolved the issue.

10/04/2016
I brought my car in for a hub bearing replacement on the front end of my Kia. The very next day as I was coming home from work on I75 my car made a loud noise and something sounded like it was dragging on the highway. I had to get my car towed to my home where I got another mechanic to look at it and come to find out the bolts on my calipers were not replaced or were not properly tightened. I paid almost $500 to get the hub bearings replaced and the next day had to pay an $85 towing bill. I tried to call Monday and no one answered the phone.
Steve H. from Hughes Automotive responded on 10/05/2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I hope that after we have spoke and rechecked your vehicle you will continue to trust us with your vehicle repairs.

Steve Hughes

LA
LISA A.
11/21/2015
Car not fixed
I came in with a shudder in my transmission and was told that it needed a part and that should fix the problem. This cost $126 and some change. I had the repair done & was told it was ready. I came and picked the car up and drove it back home. Once I went to pick my kids up from school, I noticed that it still had the exact same problem. I called back and was told that the technician had noticed that it still seemed to be doing the same thing and they could check some other things out if I brought it back. I wasn't in a hurry to bring the car back after I spent $126 and still had the exact same problem. My father called his mechanic who said that I should try the transmission shudder fix that is sold at Napa. I purchased it for $8.00 and this is what fixed my problem . . . not the $126 repair. I called the shop back and told them this and was basically told that this repair would have had to be done anyway since the computer system said it needed to be done. But I didn't ask for them to read my computer system, I asked for my car to be fixed! I used to trust Hughes Automotive with my vehicles, but since no one seemed to care that I had basically been ripped off and had a needless repair done for $126, I absolutely will not be back to have anything done there other than an oil changed. That's the only thing that I will trust them with in the future and I would not recommend them to anyone. If I had even been offered a free oil change or something to try to keep a customer satisfied, maybe I would have been more appeased with someone trying to make an effort, but nothing like that was done. It was like no one cared that I spent my hard earned money for basically nothing to be done, at least nothing that fixed the concern that I came to the shop for. Terrible Customer Service!
Steve H. from Hughes Automotive responded on 11/25/2015

I'm sorry that you still had an issue after trusting us to repair your car , I have called you and left a message to talk about this issue and come to a conclusion to make your situation correct.
The reason that the part was replaced is because the code in the ECM(computer) was telling us that the pressure switch has a problem and was not working correctly. We attempt to always repair the car properly the first time but sometimes there are underlining problems that cause a code and that is why we started with this repair , I am glad that the shudder went away for you after pouring in an additive.
We do quality work here and offer a 12mth 12,ooo mile warranty on all repairs.
Again I am sorry that our service this time did not reach your expectations.
Please give me a call at the shop to further discuss this issue.
Steve Hughes

CJ
Celisse Or Ajid J.
06/27/2015 Category: Service
Celisse said she did not have a good experience with this business because they were not able to find the problem with her vehicle.

Jessica A.
White, GA
11/11/2014
Awful dealings
Hughes automotive just recently took over thomason automotive. The last time I went back in 2013 I needed tires and a tag light Ive gotten it all fixed just not with them. This time when I went to get my oil changed they called me telling me I again needed two new tires and two tag lights I bought a brand new set of tires not even a year ago and there not even two places for a tag light just one.

EA