Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5
Latest Review about 1 month ago

JJ
John J.
11/08/2018
DONT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE! BILL IS NOTHING BUT A SCAMMER!!!!! I PAID $1500 TO HAVE OEM PARTS ON MY VEHICLE AND COME TO FIND OUT HE PUT AFTER MARKET PARTS ON MY VEHICLE THAT COSTS WAY LESS. HE STRESSED TO ME HOW IMPORTANT OEM PARTS ARE SO I GOT THE BETTER PARTS AND I TAKE MY CAR TO MY FAMILIES SHOP WEEKS LATER AND COME TO FIND OUT HE USED AFTER MARKET! HES GOOD AT MAKING YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH THE SHOP AND HIMSELF BUT ITS ALL A LIE. HES ALSO RASCIST!!!! HE MADE A JOKE ABOUT THE LITTLE RED CAR, THAT THEY HAVE FOR A RENTAL, HE SAID IT SMELLS LIKE CHINESE FOOD REFERENCING TO ITS A CHINESE PERSON CAR. THEN HE CLAIMS THAT MY FAMILIES SHOP IS GHETTO BECAUSE ITS ON 8 MILE AND THAT THEIR NOT DOING THEIR JOB RIGHT......WHY WOULD MY FAMILY LIE TO ME? HE KNOWS HES IN THE WRONG AND I KNOW THAT BECAUSE NOW HES SENDING THE CORRECT PART TO MY FAMILIES AUTO PLACE TO GET FIXED BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ME ANYMORE....LOL THATS FUNNY . MAYBE IF HE WOULD HAVE DONE THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME I WOULD NOT BE BITCHING OR COMPLAING. I THOUGHT HE WAS A GREAT GUY AND TOOK CARE OF ME BUT ITS SAD HOW PEOPLE LIKE HIM ARE STILL IN BUSINESS.

RN
robert n.
Warren, MI
06/28/2018
takes on some tough jobs
I own a 21 yr old audi. Just trying to find parts for this car can be a challenge. Most places would not touch This car. I think interstate enjoys the challenge. Great service.

SP
steve p.
10/14/2017
UNPROFESSIONAL STAY AWAY
THEY FEEL INSULATED WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOU THINK YOU OVER PAID FOR UNSATISFYING WORK THAT THEY'VE DONE FOR YOU. EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID WAS WRONG.

NP
nicholas P.
Clinton Township, MI
10/26/2016
Your Mistakes Keep Costing Me
Decent shop, but stupid mistakes cost me time and money. Failure by the technician to lock my hood caused it to fly up into the windshield while I was driving!

Paid $47 for synthetic oil change on my 2004 Jaguar. After leaving my car started smoking from under the hood. Brought it back and they said that they because they forgot to wash the oil off the engine (not sure why it was on there to begin with) the oil was burning off. Having to bring the car back made me late for work costing me money.

I brought the car back 2 weeks later so that they could finish the inspection that they didn't finish during my oil change. They refilled some fluid and returned the car to me. Drove it home that night and kept hearing a sound that I was not used to every time I hit a bump. Made it home that night okay. The next morning I was headed in to work, and I heard the sound again. Soon as I realized that the noise was my unsecured hood flailing in the wind the hood flew up into my windshield. Bent the hood horribly and basically destroyed it. Again I was late for work because of this incident.

Took it back to the shop looking for assistance. The owner had his tech knock out the dents the best he could, put it back on, and secure it. Told me that it was "safe to drive" and sent me on my way. Yes the car is now safe to drive but the hood looks horrible.

When I called back to discuss getting the hood replaced, they told me that I should "sell the car" because it's just going to keep costing me money. I just bought the car and I don't want to sell the car. Even if I wanted to, how could I with my hood looking that way? Then, they told me that it happened because my emergency latch failed. That may be true, but the emergency latch would have never been needed had they actually CLOSED MY HOOD in the first place. I have open and closed my hood several times and never have I had this problem.

The owner Bill never owned up to another bad mistake by his technicians that AGAIN COST ME MONEY! His resolution? Told me I could buy another hood from the junkyard and that they would put it on for me. Unacceptable...I should never have to come out of pocket to fix their mistake. Once again, I am left holding the bag with a dented and paint chipped hood.

Who's responsible...? Me, for ever trusting this company with my vehicle. NEVER again!

Bill H.
Royal Oak, MI
09/12/2016
Ridiculously overpriced - part 2
First of all, you did not diagnose my vehicle for free. You charged more than $100. Your charge even included $9 for "shop supplies". Please explain this charge. What supplies were used in "looking" at my ignition cool. You call me a backyard mechanic whom possesses minimal technical proficiency. I don't disagree. So if I was able to change my ignition cool in 45 minutes, your skilled auto technician with 20 years of experience and tens of thousands of dollars worth of tools should have been able to make this repair in half the time. That's exactly my point. You want to charge $500 for a 20 minute repair? Yoi use Starbucks coffee as an example of overpriced products but I think their is a big difference between a $6 cup of coffee and a $500 auto repair. Who doesn't have $6 of disposable income in their wallet or purse. Who wouldn't spend $6 on Snything with out giving it much thought. The game changes for most of us when you start talking $500. Would you blow $500 on anything without giving it much thought, the same as you would for a $6 purchase. If your shop was rebuilding my transmission or other complex repair that required the skills of a 20 auto technician veteran then the $500 would have been more than justified but all that's required to change an ignition cool is unscrew three mounting screws and transfer 6 spark plug wires and a power supply wire. And for that you want to charge $500??????

Bill H.
Royal Oak, MI
08/30/2016
Ridiculously overpriced - part 2
You did not diagnose my vehicle for free. I was charged over $100. The charge included $9 for "shop supplies". Please explain this charge as no supplies should have been needed to perform a diagnosis on a misfiring coil. As you explained to me in a voice mail, interstate is not the cheapest place in town and you don't want to be. You invest in education, health care plans and equipment upgrades. The price you quoted me for my repair was 60% higher than the other local shops I got quotes from. From your response (Starbucks example)I guess I'm supposed to feel that somehow Interstate can repair my car better than the other shops and I should be glad to pay 60% more. To replace the coil on my vehicle you have to remove the three screws that secure it to the engine, transfer the 6 spark plug wires properly and a wiring clip. I don't know how your shop can do that any differently or any better than another shop. Bottom line is: EXPECT TO PAY MORE to have your car repaired at Interstate because "they aren't the cheapest place in town and don't want to be"

Michael B.
Oak Park, MI
Chevrolet HHR
08/27/2016 Category: Service
Michael said the service received at this business was okay.

ME
Michael E.
Sterling Heights, MI
Toyota Avalon
08/24/2016 Category: Service
Michael said he thought their prices were a little high.

KC
Kori C.
Jeep Patriot
08/19/2016 Category: Service
Kori said they did a great job.

Timothy S.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
08/18/2016 Category: Service
Timothy said the business provided great service.

FH
Frank H.
Mercury Mystique
08/18/2016 Category: Service
Frank said the service was good but they could not help him.

Kevin/norm/denise S.
Mercury Montego
08/18/2016 Category: Service
Kevin said they were very honest with him and he really appreciates that.

FQ
Fernando Q.
Troy, MI
08/16/2016 Category: Service
Fernando said he received very good service from the business and the people are really nice.

NP
NICK P.
Charter Township Of Clinton, MI
Jaguar X-Type
08/13/2016
Trustworthy auto shop.
Great service, very courteous, would use them again in a heartbeat.

GW
Gary W.
Oldsmobile Alero
08/11/2016 Category: Service
Gary said they fixed his vehicle in one day. It turned out great.

LD
Larry D.
Chesterfield, MI
Chevrolet Avalanche
08/08/2016 Category: Service
Larry said he has been using Bill for 25 years and he is very pleased with him. He does very good work.

JOE B.
Ferndale, MI
Jeep Cherokee
07/30/2016
Great experiences
This place is awesome. The guys are great, the facility is always super clean, and the work has been nothing but outstanding.

Do yourself a favor and visit these guys the next time you're in need of auto repair. You'll be a customer for life. No joke.

BRIAN B.
Livonia, MI
Ford Expedition
07/27/2016
Lights
Excellent service and a willingness to help!

AG
Akil G.
Ford Econoline
07/25/2016 Category: Service
Akil said he was satisfied and happy with the service at this business. He had no issues with them.

LE
Lisa And Robert E.
Warren, MI
Jeep Commander
07/25/2016 Category: Service
Robert said the business provided good service.