Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Latest Review about 1 year ago

Sandra C.
12/01/2017
Avoid this place!!!!!
Where to begin with all the issues I’ve had with this place. Smarmy, overpriced, and untrustworthy. I went in for a simple oil change and they scared me saying I needed my battery replaced and that the car could “die at any second”. They replaced my battery which started a host of other problems. When I told them the first time they said the car was adjusting and should be fine in a couple of days. It kept getting worse and I took it in and they tried to blame the car (it’s less than ten years old). I never had this problem before they touched it! Then they acted like they were doing me this huge favor by fixing THEIR mistake free of charge.
I received a voucher recently to get some work done and called to get a quote. Received a ridiculous estimate for over hundreds of dollars... when I called the dealership to ask for the same service, they told me the cost would be less than $100.
I don’t trust these guys at all. I’m done with them.

PT
Patrick T.
Bartlett, IL
11/27/2016
rip-off and unprofessional
Terrible experience with these guys. They charged extra for unnecessary and unsolicited items. gave me different brand lower performing tires than the ones i already had. They had told me on the phone they were getting Firestone Destination LE but gave me Cooper CS3. (lower mileage and worse traction) The price looks like the gave me the more expensive ones though. They also charged for battery cleaning of my old battery when they were supposed to give me a new battery anyway. Double dipping at its finest. They kept the car for days longer than originally promised forcing me to have to pay for a rental for those extra days as well. They failed to ever communicate with me about timeframe changes. This was my first and last experience with these guys. They billed me $3600 and only offered a 100 discount on a bill that size and had no explanation for their actions other than it is what it is. Rude and unprofessional. Read your bills carefully and hopefully you understand what you are getting instead of what they are telling you.

PT
Patrick T.
Bartlett, IL
11/27/2016
rippoff and unprofessional

Karie M.
10/03/2012
Honest no pressure
Good ! Would have been excellent but had to wait quite a while on cabin filter and never came
Went to Riley's and did for 15 was 28 at yours maybe a bit high;)
I told my other niece to take my old highlander in. For next oil change
Is it always 2199?
And sign up to win tv?

Javier C.
Streamwood, IL
09/30/2012
Awesome service guys
You guys were great, I've been to plenty of shops in the area and they all have had decent to low quality service. You guys blew me away with how awesome your staff was and how fast you got the repairs done. I will recommend you guys to all my friends! Thank you so much.

Debbie M.
Hanover Park, IL
09/30/2012
Critical Repair
I could not be happier with the professionalism and knowledge of the staff. I came in for an oil change and it turned out that I was leaking fuel into the engine. They quoted me how much and the repair was done quickly and I was back on the road. Kamphaus will become my regular garage to visit from now on. YOU GUYS ROCK!! Thank you

DZ
Donna Z.
09/28/2012
Friendly knowledgable staff
Very helpful. Felt prices were reasonable...no pressure to agree to additional recommended services.

Jose M.
Streamwood, IL
Nissan Sentra
09/25/2012 Category: Service
Jose said they were quick and he could not beat the price.

Miriam L.
Nissan Rogue
09/24/2012 Category: Service
Miriam said this business was good. They always take care of her right away.

Jason M.
Arlington Heights, IL
09/24/2012 Category: Service
Jason said he did not interact with the staff of this business too much.

AN
Ashli N.
Chevrolet Cobalt
09/18/2012
One of your employees
This is my second time in since you have taken over the shop. I used to go there all the time when it was kwik lube and LOVED it. My frist visit with you wasn't bad. My second visit was terrible. I brought my car in for an oil change. I am well aware of the fact that my car needs work done to it. One of your employees decided to tell me that he understands times are tough and he understands that I have 2 little ones (I had my daughters wih me) but taking care of my car is very important and I should get someone to assist me financially to get my car fixed. First of all I never said anything about my financial status nor is it any of his business. I felt so uncomfortable and felt it was a very inappropriate conversation to have with me. I am grateful that no other customers were in the store because I would have been embarassed. With that being said I will not be bringing my car back for any service ever again.

Mike B.
Mitsubishi Endeavor
09/18/2012 Category: Service
Mike said they kept in touch with him when things took longer than expected. They are very friendly.

FR
Felipe R.
Dodge Charger
09/18/2012 Category: Service
Felipe said they provide good service. He said he appreciates that they inspect the vehicle for free.

EG
Esteben G.
Nissan Pickup
09/14/2012 Category: Service
Esteben said this business does a good job.

AN
Abraham N.
Fort Worth, TX
09/12/2012 Category: Service
Abraham said this business serviced his vehicle pretty quick.

Connie S.
Chevrolet Aveo
09/08/2012
You take very good care of my car and troubleshoot before it breaks down on the road.
You look outside the box and go above and beyond which is very helpful, especially with my medical condition. I appreciate your help.

Sahba H.
Glendale Heights, IL
Pontiac G5
09/07/2012 Category: Service
Sahba said that this business explained everything very well to her. She didn't feel that she was taken advantage of or treated as if she didn't know anything.

Joseph L.
Cadillac DeVille
09/07/2012 Category: Service
Joseph said Rich was willing to work with him except he made some wrong decisions. Also he mentioned that he had to pay for a part in order to diagnose a problem and it cost as much as what he sold the vehicle for.

Joe H.
Roselle, IL
Chevrolet Cobalt
08/30/2012
oil change and filter
Aside from a routine oil change and filter, Kamphaus auto made me aware of a few maintenances that need attention. The difference between them and many other places is that they educated me about these problems with genuine concern. I'm a new customer, and I've already been treated like a regular who has been around for 10 or so years. That's fantastic! Kamphaus is proving that hospitality and customer care-not just customer service-is their A#1 focus. They also do phenomenal work on autos!

CG
Carlos G.
Pontiac Firebird
08/27/2012 Category: Service
Carlos said he really likes this business.