Larry H. Miller Southwest Hyundai

Overall Rating 4.0714257/5Overall Rating 4.0714257/5Overall Rating 4.0714257/5Overall Rating 4.0714257/5rating 4.0714257
Overall Rating 1.9642857/5rating 1.9642857rating 1.9642857rating 1.9642857rating 1.9642857
Gloria B. on 01/17/2018
"Excellent Service."
The Service People listen to my concerns and let me know my options.
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 01/15/2018
Review Created: 01/17/2018 05:36 PM
Verified Customer on 01/16/2018
"Always Wonderful"
Wonderful from appointment call to check out.
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Tucson
Review Created: 01/16/2018 06:16 PM
Thomas D. on 01/16/2018
"Good service. Friendly"
Everything was fine. Good service.
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Elantra
Review Created: 01/16/2018 04:41 PM
Daniel T. on 01/16/2018
"Appreciated the personal attention."
Very much appreciated working with Tara.
Vehicle: 2014 Hyundai Accent
Review Created: 01/16/2018 04:29 PM
Paul L. on 01/16/2018
"Well OILED machine. "
I have been very impressed with the speed, efficiency, and comprehensive nature of the oil changes at SW Hyundai. The car is returned with all work completed, recommended future work needed (if any), and newly washed. The workers are professional and friendly. I would, and do, recommend this dealership for your automotive repair and upkeep needs.
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Tucson
Review Created: 01/16/2018 03:05 PM
Kathleen N. on 01/16/2018
"Great"
Tara Conlin was tremendous. She has a very winning personality. She displayed knowledge of what was going on and she was very pleasant to deal with.
Vehicle: 2007 Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 01/12/2018
Review Created: 01/16/2018 01:01 PM
Debra W. on 01/16/2018
"Oil change"
Get experience. Smooth appointment. Friendly staff.
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Tucson
Review Created: 01/16/2018 12:04 PM
Ellen S. on 01/16/2018
"shady sales"
I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2015 Sonata Sport Limited with about 59K miles on it, with a comprehensive warranty extending out to 130K miles. I have always been under the impression that the term “Certified Pre-Owned” means that the car is warrantied to be in safe condition with no major problems anticipated.

I have had the car in multiple times for a fuel gauge issue which is not fatal, per se, but annoying nonetheless. I have gotten nowhere with this problem because despite my careful documentation of the problem and how the gauge reads, no one will bother taking me seriously because “the codes read that it’s working properly”. I suppose I cannot do anything about that, but I dislike being discounted for a real problem that I have graphed out just because a computer code says everything’s “just fine.”

The fact that I have brought it in for both this problem as well as for its first oil change, does, however, affect this narrative.

Less than three months after my purchase of this car, I noticed that one of my tires wasn’t holding air. I believed it to be the result of a small puncture, so I took it to my local mechanic. He discovered that not only was my tire leaky, but that both rear tires were completely threadbare on the inner side, i.e. not visible from the street sides of the vehicle. I had only put about 7,000 miles or so on the car at this point, and I was startled to see how bad the tires were, and also how badly out of alignment the car was.

I had to purchase new tires in any case, but I was pretty angry that the car had been sold to me this way. And not only that, but when I had the car in for its oil change, I was not notified about the condition of the tires either.

When I called the dealership to complain on December 16, I wanted to speak to Santos Rivera, the service manager, and was told that he was on vacation until after the holidays. Instead I spoke to Jason (?) in the service department. He did a little investigation and found out that the car had been recommended for both an alignment as well as new rear tires, but that it was never done. He promised me that someone from the dealership would call me back within 2 days.

About a week or so later, not having heard from anyone at the dealership, I called back again to find out what remedies were going to be offered to me. I spoke to Jason again, and he assured me that he had submitted all the information to a sales manager named Michael Tafoya, and that he would be calling me back.

After Christmas, I called again, and asked to speak to Santos; I was told that he was no longer with the dealership. Again I was referred to the sales department. I called and left a message for Michael Tafoya, but received no call back. Right before New Year’s, I contacted the dealership via the website and asked for the name of the general manager and how to get a hold of Mr. Larry Miller himself (I did not know he was deceased, nor that the LHM group was so gigantic). The chatbot did not have access to that information and suggested I call the dealership myself. I finally did manage to get ahold of Mr. Tafoya that day, and he claimed that he never heard of my case, nor the service manager who had taken my call, and that basically he knew nothing. I asked for compensation in the form of 4 factory tires and an alignment, and he asked me to come in so he could look at the car. We set a date for January 2nd, 2018.

When I went in at the appointed time, Mr. Tafoya chose not to be there, so I spoke to Jose, the man who had handled my financing. He went into his office to look up my information, came out again and remarked “This is way above my pay grade — I’m going to have my boss come out and talk to you.” Fairly soon, a man came out to talk with me, whom I assumed was the GM, but in fact, was another sales man, Roberto Porras. The first thing he did was try to sell me a new car. When I insisted that really, I just want my car repaired, he brought out the GM, Val…. who also tried to sell me a new car. They both kept putting me off about repairs to the one I already have, and so to placate them, I did walk around the parking lot with Roberto and peek at some new models. He asked me to come back the next day and he would have some information for me, both about the options of repair as well as what they could offer me as a deal on a new model.

The next day I returned, only to find that no research on doing the repairs that I wanted had been done, but only that a new car had been prepped for me to test drive. I refused the test drive and insisted that I want the repairs done to my car. After a lot of testy discussion, finally, Mr. Porras wanted me to drive around the building to the repair side — and really seemed annoyed when I said let’s walk through the hall instead. I spoke to Sean Osborne, who has been my service rep for several years. He informed me that he himself had inspected my car and recommended the alignment and new tires, but the sales department had denied the request.

I told Mr. Porras that I thought this was truly shoddy behaviour on the part of the dealership, and I find it very shady that the sales and management side consistently wanted to sell me a new car instead of working with the car I had just bought. I repeated my request for an alignment and a set of factory tires the next time I have to replace them. Mr. Porras told me, in front of Sean Osbourne, that because it was a used car, that I was the one who was responsible for having it checked out before I bought it, and that there could be no tires given to me because I had already replaced the bad tires. In addition to this, he said I had no right to ask for punitive damages.

REALLY. So, is the dealership telling me that the designation of “Certified” pre-owned means absolutely nothing? I want you to know that you knowingly sold me a car with tires on it that could not be seen to be dangerously worn unless I went underneath the car. In addition to this, when I took it in for an oil change and multi-point inspection, and nothing was reported to me about the dangerous condition of the tires, the situation was compounded.

I am still asking for a set of new factory tires when they next need to be replaced. The alignment was completed on 1/11/18, and I was told by the technician that it had been seriously out of alignment. Now that has been corrected, but the sales side never apologized or acknowledged the issue beyond fixing the alignment.
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 01/11/2018
Review Created: 01/16/2018 05:37 AM
Verified Customer on 01/15/2018
"Great service department"
I have always and will always take my car to southwest Hyundai for service
Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Veloster
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Veloster
Review Created: 01/15/2018 08:55 AM
Verified Customer on 01/15/2018
"LHM SW Hyundai"
Great place. Always makes sure your satisfied
Vehicle: 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 01/06/2018
Review Created: 01/15/2018 07:52 AM
Verified Customer on 01/14/2018
"Standard oil change "
Been to LHM Hyundai 3 times and received the same level of great service each time. Speedy, but courteous.
Vehicle: 2008 Hyundai Tucson
Vehicle: 2016 Hyundai Veloster
Service Date: 01/05/2018
Review Created: 01/14/2018 03:01 PM
Raymond H. on 01/12/2018
"ALL THE KNOWLEGABLE EMPLOYEES."
AS ALWAYS THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. SERVICE PERSONNEL WERE VERY HELPFULL IN GETTING MY CAR PROBLEMS SOLVED AND REPAIRED. MADE SOME RECOMMDATIONS TO MAKE SOME REPAIRES BEFORE ANY FUTURE PROBLEMS OCCUR.
Vehicle: 2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
Review Created: 01/12/2018 01:51 PM
Susan K. on 01/11/2018
"Love This Dealership!"
Everyone at this dealership treats me like I'm family, with respect, kindness, and first-class service.
Vehicle: 2017 Hyundai Sonata
Review Created: 01/11/2018 01:06 PM
Demetris A. on 01/11/2018
"Great Communication"
On the day of my visit, there was an overbooking issue that I was alerted to. Although I was told that my car would receive a wash, offer was rescinded and made for another time (which is actually inconvenient). Communications was consistent and often as to what was going on with my car.
Vehicle: 2015 Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/11/2018 10:21 AM
Marilyn S. on 01/11/2018
"Recent service"
I like that Shawn took the time to explain what needed to be done. He called to let me know what more was found that needed to be dealt with and called again to let me know when the work was done.
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Elantra
Review Created: 01/11/2018 09:07 AM
Verified Customer on 01/10/2018
"Friendly staff and great customer service with low quality product"
My 2011 Sonata has had 7 recalls since purchasing it. I had to replace the engine in the first year of my purchase and has been a constant problem. Will never buy a Hyundai again. The staff is always very nice.
Vehicle: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Review Created: 01/10/2018 10:54 AM
Brandi C. on 01/10/2018
"Staff"
Your staff has the greatest people.
Vehicle: 2014 Hyundai Genesis Co