SK
SUSAN K.
11/14/2018
Honest dependable service from the team at Lone Star!
As long as I drive, there will be only one place I will take my vehicles for service and that is Lone Star. Justin and his team provide top notch service. They are very attentive to my needs and strive to make each visit pleasant and cost effective. I always have the confidence that the work is professional, the cost very fair, and my time and convenience are always considered. Keep up the good work! You are the best!!

CAROL B.
11/02/2018
EXCELLENT SERVICE
JUSTIN AND HIS STAFF ARE THE BEST BY FAR. THEY AE SO ACCOMMODATING AND THOROUGH. I FEEL SO SAFE ON OUR HIGHWAYS KNOWING THAT THEY SERVICED MY OLD CAR. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO ALL .

GS
Gerard S.
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Gerard said he is very happy with the work and the quality of work. He appreciates the treatment that he received. He would recommend them to anyone..

Dennis R.
10/30/2018 Category: Service
Dennis said their name was given to him by his son-in-law, and he would recommend them for service.

LG
Lisa G.
Pipe Creek, TX
10/27/2018 Category: Service
Lisa said they do a good job.

Justin A.
Texas
10/24/2018 Category: Service
Justin said the staff is nice and the service is quick.

Jody H.
Texas
Ford Bronco
10/20/2018 Category: Service
Jody said he has used the business for 2 to 3 years and they did a great job, as usual.

Daniel B.
Pipe Creek, TX
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
10/20/2018 Category: Service
Daniel said the business is easy to deal with. He has never had any problems with them.

BRAD B.
Emory, TX
10/15/2018
Great Professional Folks
I had the unfortunate opportunity to need vehicle repair 3 times in six weeks on three unrelated vehicle failures. Lone Star came through for me on each trip. They completed the work professionally, kept in touch, advised me of the costs and exactly what needed repaired and didn't keep my vehicle any longer than necessary. They know their business and are diesel experts. Highly recommended!

TN
Tony N.
Nissan Frontier
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Tony said the employees are good people who listen, understand, give good quotes and do a good job.

CL
Christian L.
Lakehills, TX
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Christian said the business was able to align his diesel vehicle when no one else was able to do it for him.

KAREN S.
Kendalia, TX
10/03/2018
Thanks again for over the top service on my vehicles. Justin is always very helpful and has gone out of his way to provide great service. I highly recommend Lone Star Automotive to my friends and family.

LORI B.
09/30/2018
Intoxilock
Everyone is extremely friendly. They handled my needs in a prompt and courteous manner.

RF
Raymond F.
Ram 3500
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Raymond said he would recommend this business for service.

AK
Alan K.
Comfort, TX
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Alan said that he would highly recommend this business for service.

Jeff D.
Manteca, CA
09/28/2018 Category: Service
Jeff said this business had good people.

RP
Reynaldo P.
San Antonio, TX
09/25/2018 Category: Service
Reynaldo said he spoke with the business owner over the phone and when he went in for service, he was pleased with work done.

Tod S.
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Tod said the business did a real good job and they did it fast.

AMBER M.
09/18/2018
Not happy with last couple of services
We initially took the truck in earlier this year with an oil leak, explained to your techs where the leak was. Over $1000 later and we still had an oil leak. Brought it back 2 days later letting y'all know we still had a leak and were told it was residual oil from the fixed leak. Low and behold the truck ended up sitting several months because that "residual" oil kept coming even after thoroughly cleaning the engine. Took back the truck and you all finally "find" the actual problem and quote us yet another $1500+ dollars to fix what should have been fixed in the first place, so we decided not to let you all work on the truck this go round. Only to pick up the truck and be told my brand new batteries were no good and not holding a charge, just to find out it was due to the carelessness of your service tech. Also, picked up a truck that had no working AC that was working when we left the truck, only to find your tech again being careless left a part disconnected on the vehicle. Sounds like there are incompetent people working in the garage making a lot of careless mistakes. I will be taking the truck elsewhere. Very unhappy with this lack of service. I also now how a burning smell that was not there prior to leaving my vehicle the most recent time. Something just isn't right with all of this.
Justin B. from Lone Star Automotive And Diesel Service responded on 09/18/2018

Amber,
I am sorry you feel this way but I would at least like an opportunity to explain. When your truck came in the first time it was leaking from high pressure oil pump cover and oil cooler gasket and those were diagnosed by another shop. Those leaks were at the top of the engine and were very heavy thus covering lower part of engine with oil. You returned 2 days after first repair was completed with oil residue dripping. We suggested an under carriage cleaning to help identify if it was residual oil or another leak that needed to be addressed. We repaired 2 leaks this does not nor was it implied that there would be no other oil leaks and it is hard to determine lower leaks with upper end engine leaks being so bad. After 6 months with no word on any leaks truck was returned for us to check for leaks, we found timing cover was in fact leaking, but this was impossible to tell at time of original repairs because there was oil dripping down front of motor from oil cooler. There was no mistake on end here, we simply fixed the most severe and the obvious first. As far as A/C issue we left a vacuum line off for 4x4 when we were done checking it causing vent to delete to defrost, I am sorry about that. Next the batteries, they were run down due to the key being on when testing the 4x4 system which we didnt charge you to check because of poor comunication about the batteries. Also you were told before arriving to pick up the truck about the batteries being run down. also the batteries were 2 years old not "brand new". We charged them up and they were fine. This was not carelessness but they ran down durring testing compounded by the fact truck had done alot of sitting. I am sorry you were unhappy with the service, I agree our comunication lines got crossed but other than that and the vacuum line we did nothing wrong on this truck.
Lastly the burning smell is probably oil burning off of the exhaust or cleaner we used to clean the area to identify leak burning off. We appreciate your past business and wish you luck in the future with repairs. If you would like to contact me directly I will be willing to work with you on repairs and get this situation behind us, we never like to have a customer leave unsatisfied.

The Lone Star Team

Brad B.
Emory, TX
09/18/2018 Category: Service
Brad said the customer service is really good and they do everything on time.