Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue

Latest Review about 1 month ago
Barbara K. on 10/21/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Unprofessional and Unacceptable"
I've been a Chaplin's patron for 9 years. Chaplin's invariably provided excellent customer service and outstanding repair and maintenance work. My experience with Michael's today was abysmal. I made an appointment 5 days ago. I was assured that I could leave my car Friday evening and the work would commence at 7:00 a.m. the following morning. On Friday, I met with an advisor who seemed knowledgeable about my concern. She estimated the work would take about an hour. By 2:30 p.m., I hadn't heard from Michael's, so I called. I called 3 more times, between 3:00 and 4:00. No returned call. Finally, at 4:15, the service representative called me and told me my car was being serviced. She called half an hour later to give me an estimate and to inform me it would be at least 3 days until parts arrived. When I retrieved my car, on which a mere diagnostic had been performed, I was clearly not happy. She then gave me a bill for $143.00 for the diagnostic. When I said, "You've got to be kidding," she quickly removed the charge and gave me a car wash coupon. She repeatedly said she was sorry, they were "overbooked" and "so busy." Unacceptable. Don't overbook; it's quite simple.
I'm taking my business to Carter's.
Service Date: 10/21/2017
Review Created: 10/21/2017 06:53 PM
JARVIS B. on 10/16/2017
"2 Days to Change a Tire"
I've been good to Chaplins/Michaels and generally a big fan. Brought my 2010 CC in with a nail in the tire and unfortunately didn't get it back for 2 days. Don't know if that's normal but it certainly felt like a long time to change tires. On top of that, couldn't change the tire earlier because the "log ring key" (?) was missing. My car has only been to Chaplins and you guys replaced the tires a few years ago so it must have been lost sometime while being serviced. Regardless not sure if i have a new key or if i need a new key. Please let me know. Looking forward to the bugs getting resolved while the transition to Michaels continues.
Vehicle: Volkswagen CC
Service Date: 10/12/2017
Review Created: 10/16/2017 09:26 PM
LYNN M. on 10/15/2017
"Recent Service at Michael's"
Service was quick. I expected it to take longer, and was pleasantly surprised when it was done in one day. Staff is very friendly and makes sure you understand what needs to be done.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat Wagon
Service Date: 10/12/2017
Review Created: 10/15/2017 05:22 PM
BENJAMIN H. on 10/14/2017
"Haaken was fantastic!"
The salesperson that I worked with was phenomenal: he made everything simple and easy. I really appreciated all of the extra effort that he put in.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Tiguan
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 09/25/2017
Review Created: 10/14/2017 03:28 PM
SIMI A. on 10/14/2017
"Oil Change "
ok but was surprised the Service Technician was unwilling to break down the 60K Service charges.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Service Date: 10/10/2017
Review Created: 10/14/2017 03:00 PM
JESSICA S. on 10/14/2017
"Quick easy service "
Professional and timely. Great experience!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Tiguan
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Review Created: 10/12/2017 08:16 AM
SARAH B. on 10/11/2017
"Horrible."
I made a reservation for an oil change the week before my appointment (you knew I was coming for a standard oil change). I get there on time and wait an hour for them to tell me that they could not complete my oil change because they did not have an oil filter. i am not sure what kind of dealership service department doesn't have an oil filter in stock.. They told me I would have to wait multiple hours. I had to go to work and I made my appointment in the morning for a reason. I then had to take a loaner car to work and then come after work out of my way to pick up my car all over an oil change. Not impressed. The only reason I am giving 2 stars is because the front desk lady was very sweet.
Service Date: 10/09/2017
Review Created: 10/11/2017 02:34 PM
ERIC R. on 10/09/2017
"Ricky is the reason we come back for service."
Was slightly inconvenient not getting a loaner car, seems things have changed with new owners, the vibe is not the same but Ricky is your stable employee & goes the extra mile.
Service Date: 10/05/2017
Review Created: 10/09/2017 09:05 AM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/09/2017

I wanted to thank you for the review and we are working on getting more loaner vehicles to be available. With the new ownership comes changes and Michaels is striving for the very best customer service for each customer that comes in. We look forward to seeing you for service in the future.

Tim O. on 10/08/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Unbelievable service and terrific Rep."
The service representative, Chrissy, treated me as I were her only client that day and answered all my questions without hesitation. Also advised me of future work that should be looked at in the future. I wish my doctor would make me feel that important. I will be having all my service done at Michael's.
Review Created: 10/08/2017 06:07 PM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/09/2017

I'm so glad to see that we made you feel that way. We are working hard on delivering that experience to everyone that comes in.

TIM O. on 10/08/2017
"Unbelievable service and terrific Rep."
I will always go to Michael's and request Chrissy for any work that needs to be done on my car.
So Impressed !!!
Service Date: 10/05/2017
Review Created: 10/08/2017 02:42 PM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/09/2017

Thank you for your great review. We look forward to seeing you at your next service.

JAKOB S. on 10/06/2017
"New Golf Alltrack SE"
Purchased an Alltrack SE w/DAP from Tim and had a great experience. It was a fairly quick process and nothing was pushed too hard on me and we walked out with a car we love! Tim made sure to offer us everything we could have wanted to make sure the buying process was pleasant for us. Even including scheduling our first service on the car. Thank you Tim for a great experience!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 09/27/2017
Review Created: 10/06/2017 02:13 PM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/06/2017

Thank you for such a great review!

AMY R. on 10/06/2017
"Customer Care"
We were able to get an appointment within 24 hours. They finished the work ahead of schedule. We were greeted professionally and our service representative was kind, thorough and efficient. We felt well taken care of and will return when our next appointment is due. Thank you!
Vehicle: Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
Service Date: 09/30/2017
Review Created: 10/06/2017 06:54 AM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/06/2017

Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again.

SARAH C. on 10/04/2017
"Great!"
My car came back with the sensors working perfectly. It was detailed and smelled brand new! Thank you!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
Service Date: 09/29/2017
Review Created: 10/04/2017 02:16 PM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/05/2017

Thank you so much for your review we greatly appreciate it!

David Jenkiins

SUSAN G. on 10/04/2017
"Justin was awesome!"
Very busy place but great service. I will definitely schedule a follow up appt this spring for a full going over.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Review Created: 10/04/2017 07:05 AM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/04/2017

Thank you for coming in for service and the great review.

Sincerly,

CAROL S. on 10/02/2017
"New Car Look!"
I have a 2007 Jetta. Last week, I headlights on my car were buffed and the interior/exterior of my car detailed. Other than a few stickers left on the windows by my grandchildren, my car looked and smelled like new!
Service Date: 09/28/2017
Review Created: 10/02/2017 08:49 PM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/04/2017

Hello Carol,

Thank you for the review!

NINA V. on 10/02/2017
"Ricky Ancheta always provides truly exceptional service"
I purchased my new Jetta in 2003, have worked primarily with Ricky Ancheta since for servicing needs, and he has always provided truly exceptional service. Appreciate it.
Service Date: 09/27/2017
Review Created: 10/02/2017 09:33 AM

Hello Nina,

I wanted to thank you for the great review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

VIORICA G. on 10/01/2017
"Excellent job"
I love to come with my Volkswagen at Chaplins. Great excellent job, great service , satisfaction guaranteed at superlative! Thank you very much for everything!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat Sedan
Service Date: 09/27/2017
Review Created: 10/01/2017 09:03 PM
David J. at Michael's Volkswagen of Bellevue responded on 10/02/2017

Thank you for the great review!

MICHAEL F. on 10/01/2017
"My review"
They did not complete the work they we supposed to complete. No shuttle pick up as requested.
Vehicle: Volkswagen GTI
Review Created: 10/01/2017 04:42 PM

Hello Michael,

I wanted to apologize for the shuttle not picking you up. We are working on getting another shuttle going for the evening pick ups to insure that no one is left behind. I have also looked over and we addressed what was on the work order for your vehicle. Did the advisor miss something and not put it on the work order? I would like to extend a coupon for you to use when you want to have the Top timing cover repaired so it is not leaking oil on your serpentine/drive belt so it will stop making that noise when starting. Once again I apologize for not picking you up. If you have a uber receipt on your phone bring it in and I will be more than happy to apply that as a discount as well for that service.

JESSIE D. on 10/01/2017
"TDI fix, sort of. "
I scheduled my TDI to have the necessary recalls repaired and an oil change. One of the repairs was overlooked as the check engine light would need to be on for it to be repaired- a day later, its on. The oil change was forgotten about. I've also never had a dealership perform repairs and not vacuum the interior. My car was returned dirtier than I brought it. The loaner car I was given- while it is always greatly appreciated for the convenience (really the only saving grace here) I was completely covered in white dog hair every time I sat in it. And I wear all black for work. The irony of this is that I was told I would be charged $150 for a cleaning fee if I brought a pet into the car (I don't have pets). Given everything that was overlooked and that i would have to go all the way back to Bellevue for an experience that really wasn't positive, I will call back and find out exactly what wasn't done and go to University dealership for the other fix that was overlooked. I have an appointment tomorrow elsewhere for the oil change & tire rotation.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen
Review Created: 10/01/2017 03:17 PM

Jessie,

I want to apologize that the service visit you had here at Michaels VW. As I go through your service and look through all the tech notes, I see that all the recalls and the TDI recall were performed on your vehicle. I do not see a oil change on the ro and I'm sorry for that. I do not know how that was not put on the ro. I will look into that with the service advisor to find out where the communication brake down was. I also want to apologize for the loaner being dirty and the no vacuum. We have completely gone to Brown Bear at this point. Once again I apologize for your service experience and we hate to see you to go another dealer.

Sincerely,