AW
AMY W.
Volkswagen Jetta
03/02/2017
Never again.....They can't be trusted. Only got a one star because I couldn't review without choosing one.
I brought the car in for a simple wiring fix. Brad told me I also had two broken rods on the front. I have a background in helicopter and missile systems, and also automobiles. But I guess they saw a dumb blonde chick when they looked across the counter. I have an estimate to fix the rods, and replace wheel bearings, etc., of almost $800. I took it to one of my friends who owns a shop, because I drive that car over 100 miles a day round trip to work and had none of the symptoms of broken rods. He told me to get new tires and that everything they said on that estimate was a lie. Needless to say, I am pretty pissed. They were going to pocket that money from a single mom with two kids who gets no child support. Luckily for me, I know a little about cars and did not fall prey to the fear tactics and being told how my car was unsafe. (Its a 2012 VW Jetta, so it's not like I'm driving a fifteen year old car.) I took my car there first for a tune up, and I told them that was what it needed, and I was happy with them. Now, I guess they figured they had my trust so they could swindle me out of my money. Not this girl. I promise you, I will make sure the city of Clermont knows about this; if I have to have the paper write it up I will.
Alan B. from Minneola Automotive Center Inc responded on 03/03/2017

Hello Amy,

I am very disapointed to read of your experience recently at our shop. In all my years of business I have never heard of Brad or his technition ever reccommending work that was not necessary, as is testified by well over a hundred other testimonials. It shocks me to hear that this is your experience. I am sure there is some confusion. While it seemes we have lost your trust as a customer, which is more valuable to us than money any repair work can bring us, I still would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and to unravel what went wrong. I have know Brad for a long time and I hold him and his team in very high regard. These folks really do take pride is "NOT CHEATING" the customers or reccomending work that is not necessary. We have built our success on a reputation of excellent work and trustworthyness and we would not jepordize this for anything.

I would invite you to come to the shop and meet with Brad and myself to review your car and unravel this confusion. I would welcome the opportunbity to make things right and have you leave us with a wonderful impression of Minneolia Automotive. Please let me know if you atre willing to get together at the shop.

Regards,
Alan & Brad

Richard M.
Florida
Honda Accord
08/06/2016 Category: Service
Richard said he went to this business, got an estimate and it was extraordinarily too high.
Alan B. from Minneola Automotive Center Inc responded on 08/08/2016

Hi Richard,

Thank you for takingthe time to send in your review of Minneola Automotive. I am very sorry that you felt our estimate was too high. As you know we took over an hour to throughly investigate the cause of your A/C problem, at no cost to you, and found the compressor to be faulty. When we replace parts in any vehicle we always use top rated parts and never use used parts, becaus of this we are proud to always offer our customers a 2 year 24,000 mile warrenty unlike many other automotive repair business. I am sure if you take your car to any other Automotive shop and they throughly check your A/C system they will find the same issue and their estimate will most likely be comparable if not more. I would also guess that you will not get a 2 year 24,000 mile warrenty on the work. Please feel free to return with your vehicle when you find out our estimate is reasonable and fair, we will be happy to have you as one of our many satisfied customer.

Regards,