ID
Ivan D.
Renton, WA
Chevrolet Silverado SS
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Ivan's wife. She said the staff did a good job.

Dirk H.
Tacoma, WA
07/14/2019
Parts in need
A recent wind storm damaged my ARB awning. North Westy not only had the replacement parts I needed but worked with me to obtain these outside normal working hours.

Josh K.
Seattle, WA
07/03/2019
Superb
Brought in my Westy to have it tuned. Kirk and Eric, and their team had it done same day. They identified additional items, and clearly explained their importance and cost. Eric reminded me that these special vehicles are investments. He’s absolutely right. They’re good for the soul.

BW
Brad W.
Seattle, WA
06/30/2019
Kirk, Eric, and the team did a great job
Love my the new Subaru 2.5 in my Vanagon. Kirk and his team did a great job and completed my conversion on time and as promised. Two weeks and 1000 miles in and it’s broken in and just eating miles! Thanks guys!

BL
Bruce L.
Anchorage, AK
06/28/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Chris. He said he recommends this business for service.

EV
Eliot V.
Dallas, TX
06/23/2019
Thank you for getting me in last week. Got everything done that I needed, and I know you guys were busy. Keep up the good work!

Mike C.
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Mike said they were knowledgeable and got it done.

Matt P.
Antigonish, NS
06/10/2019
Repair didn’t hold up, shop unresponsive.
The weave on the fuel lines they installed unravelled and/or shrunk within 2,000 miles. Response from the shop was to use a lighter to seal up the frayed ends. Probably not a big deal overall, but it seems to me the lines were either not prepared properly before install or poor quality lines were used. Either way, not what was expected for the cost of the repair.
I thought refunding 0.5 hours of labour was a fair compromise, haven’t heard from the shop manager since.

Knowledgeable shop overall and maybe they do pretty good work. But looking back I feel like they put the squeeze on a new Vanagon owner by pointing out various fixes when all I was in for was new tires and wheels. Would recommend cautiously.

TC
Todd C.
Tamaqua, PA
06/06/2019
First Time Buyer
I Bought a Ecu for my Vanagon the staff was Great Price was Excellent ! Thanks Peeps

Doug R.
Bellevue, WA
04/29/2019
Good folks
I enjoy the people at North Westy and believe they’ve taken very good care of me. I own an 85 Westy which I have owned it since new so many, many technicians have put their hands on this van and I’ve been mostly lucky with the results. North Westy has installed many new suspension parts including springs, anti-sway bar and bushings. I also had them replace all of my fuel lines.
I was having running issues and Kirk handed me 2 used 1.9 ECU’s and said “maybe one of these will help”. Well, the first one was dead but the second one made all the difference in the world! It’s run like new since! When I returned with the bad computer Kirk said “no charge” for the good one!
4 stars because one of the replaced fuel lines leaked right away - which Kirk fixed when I returned from a road trip. And I’d heard suspension noise for 7-8,000 miles only to have another shop show me that one of the new front springs were hitting the mis-aligned sway bar - both were installed at NorthWesty. It was inexpensively fixed at another shop. When I showed Kirk, he didn’t acknowledge that it was them that did the mis-aligning. Not that big of a deal.
I’ll continue to use them in the future.
D.R.

Carol H.
Snoqualmie Pass, WA
04/13/2019
Friendly, Knowledgeable, Efficient!
So many wonderful things about NorthWesty. Kirk and Eric and the crew are very friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. I am the goofball that knows nothing about vehicle mechanics and they are patient and explain. I have had loads of work done: engine replacement, wheel bearings, steering rack, etc, on my ‘86 Wolfsburg Weekender (2nd owner). Fun stuff: pop top struts, truck mirrors. Future: front insulation and carpet kit, ARB awning. Super helpful and awesome. Their professionalism A++. It’s really nice to know your mechanics have your safety (& quality of road trips!) in mind. Recommend a 110%!!

JE
Jose E.
Hewitt, TX
04/01/2019
Is a 1980 vanagon camper not a1988
Great value Nice website and great support

David B.
Volkswagen Rabbit
03/27/2019 Category: Service
David said the staff are quick, and willing to help even if he only has a small vehicle.

AK
Andy K.
Bellevue, WA
Volkswagen Rabbit
03/27/2019 Category: Service
Andy said he would recommend the business for service.

PM
Pat M.
Anderson Island, WA
03/02/2019
Fixed it correctly
Had a clutch issue and noisy CV's on the syncro so we ran it up to have it looked at. They correctly diagnosed the issue and found a cracked shifter in the process. Great job, thanks

SG
Shannon G.
Volkswagen Golf
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Shannon said the pricing was good, the staff was friendly and the facility was well stocked.

DA
Daniel A.
02/09/2019
Danimal777
These guys aren’t messing around! NorthWesty is the real deal. From the sales manager, Eric Sach, to the lead mechanic, Kirt Meeks, professionalism right down the line. All boxes are checked! Eric always was available and came to the game with a ton of insight. He was very helpful in laying down a reasonable scope of work and he was never pushy at all. Kirk is clearly passionate about all cars, but VW’s in particular. Full on scientist when it comes to autonmechanics. Go NorthWesty, you won’t be disappointed!

Marysville, WA
01/09/2019
North Westy
I like when Kirk the owner works on my Vanagon. He is very knowledgeable and you can certainly tell he is passionate about the job. I’ve taken my vanagon in a couple of times for a problem and surprisingly found he had kindly fixed an unrelated defect or problem definitely going above and beyond customer service without extra charge.
Unfortunately, I didn’t like the fact I had to call multiple times to convince Eric (the office supervisor) to re-evaluate their work as I still had brake and gastank issues that should have been fixed. I only gave 4/5 stars because there was a brake issue that could have been resolved sooner than later before the brakes completely failed while driving. Luckily all is well and will probably take it back to North Westy for further vehicle work.

Jordan D.
01/05/2019
Great Second Visit
They were great in fixing a few problems that needed to be done as well as keeping me in the loop after I discovered my windshield replacement was going to need some rust removal and rewelding of new metal.

BW
Bart W.
Mountain View, HI
12/12/2018
Unsettling exoerience
Since the engine rebuild on my 86 van, they have been helpful sending me parts when none were available here on the Big Island. Recently though, I needed a Speedo cable. They took my credit card, didn’t send it, and now it’s been two weeks and I got a tracking number, so apparently it will be several more days. They were so good until this. I will recommend, but if it happens again I will not