Olmsted Auto Care

Case F. on 04/02/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Polite staff, questionable quality"
Took a vehicle there for a knock/pop at front driver side area on. 2013 manual vehicle.. Instead they found/said I needed new front and back brakes. Agreed to do the back. Work was done. Got the vehicle back and the parking brake no longer worked/didn't feel like it was attached to anything when pulling on the handle. They came back saying I needed new calipers, they did nothing wrong, etc. A week ago they said the calipers were fine. I didn't need new calipers. End of the day they, unwillingly, they avoidingly admitted they knocked the codder pin off the parking brake handle when working on the brakes. So what could have been a simple fix was more than likely made much much worse and frustrations on both sides. Possibly stripping the splines on the calipers trying to work on it, so maybe now thanks to the wrong approach, I need new calipers?

I get it back, and now my front brakes are dragging. While I may have needed front brakes worked on, they were not dragging. Turns out they put 27 miles on the car for not even fixing or doing anything. Why? The original pop/noise persists and now another problem. Whoever took the console apart disconnected the USB and D.C. Accessory outlet taking the console apart for the parking brake handle. They failed to connect it back. Pieces are not lined up and snapped together around the shifter.

I'm now recalling why I never took my SRT back to this place. The hassle is not worth some 2001 barely running loaner PT Cruiser with giant advertisements all over it.

Corey is professional on the phone and staff are polite. But each visit seems to have the same outcome.

Final note - they left me an invoice saying not to use the parking brake for safety reasons. Bad calipers, could seize. Yet the car was parked with the parking brake on.

Thanks?
Service Date: 03/28/2017
Review Created: 04/02/2017 10:37 AM
Jeanne D. on 10/07/2011
"Great tires!"
Thank you for selecting / recommending the tires that you put on my vehicle. I immediately appreciated a smoother AND quieter ride. Even though the road surface has been dry since the tires were mounted, it feels like the van has a better "grip" on the road (two days earlier had slide twice on wet road way). It's good to know too, that the windshield wiper blade will be staying on. Now if only it would rain, so I could test out the new tires and wiper blade!
Thank you Pat, Chris, Olmsted Auto Care
Service Date: 10/05/2011
Review Created: 10/07/2011 07:32 PM
Kathy K. on 09/30/2011
"My Repair Experience"
I have been to this repair facility many times and am always impressed. Their professionalism and customer service in unmatched in the industry. The technician that worked on my car exceeded all my expectations and I feel confident that I can drive my car anywhere without a problem. He is wonderful. I highly recommend Olmsted Auto Care to everyone that drives a car or truck. You won't be sorry.
Service Date: 09/27/2011
Review Created: 09/30/2011 05:08 PM
Tom B. on 09/22/2011
"thomas brabenec"
great work
Service Date: 09/20/2011
Review Created: 09/22/2011 02:03 PM
Deb G. on 09/07/2011
"Great car care and customer service"
The team at Olmsted Auto Care takes great car of my car and of me. They are honest and reliable and I recommend them to everyone I know!
Service Date: 08/22/2011
Review Created: 09/07/2011 01:09 PM
June T. on 09/06/2011
"JUNE from Westlake"
Fast service, questions answered, courteous and professional. I appreciated your responsed while I was under time constraints. Job completed as promised. Thank you!
Service Date: 08/26/2011
Review Created: 09/06/2011 10:28 AM
David N. on 08/26/2011
"auto repair"
everything was done well
Service Date: 08/09/2011
Review Created: 08/26/2011 12:35 PM
Pam R. on 08/09/2011
"Olmstead Auto Totally Excellent"
Suberb service and friendly atmosphere - TOTALLY EXCELLENT
5 star
Service Date: 08/05/2011
Review Created: 08/09/2011 05:04 AM
Celeste S. on 08/03/2011
"Caring and Trustworthy"
Once again OAC has gone above and beyond. Even though I approved a repair, they were honest in accessing it was not needed, and giving alternatives, and even did my echeck for me while car was in shop! Buy these Boys a Drink!
Service Date: 08/01/2011