Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro

Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5Overall Rating 3.6/5rating 3.6rating 3.6
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6

Thomas M. ReScore Review on 12/02/2016
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"I did experience a problem with this dealership, but once it went through the channels the problem was solve wit my satisfaction. "
This dealership is somewhat new and seem to be working out the kinks
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM

"Response to complaints"
Lousy. Dealership never followed through with their response to complaints. Over charged.
Service Date: 11/16/2016
Review Created: 11/30/2016 03:10 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 11/30/2016

Hi Thomas,

I see there was a credit put on your account due to billing error on your last repair order.  We apologize for the error.  Our new Service Director will be reaching out to you today to ensure the situation has been fully rectified.  Again, our sincerest apologies for the error on our part.

Pammie G. ReScore Review on 03/09/2015
"thank you Joe"
Thank you for your immediate attention to our not so pleasant experience last time. I look forward to our ongoing relationship with dealership.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2
Service Date: 02/23/2015
Review Created: 03/09/2015 05:09 AM

"good and bad"
We waited quite a long time to have something done that should have been quick. We had an appointment for an inspection sticker and two mirrors to be put on. After 2 hours we were told there were three cars ahead of us for inspection stickers and they would send us a check to get it inspected somewhere else. Also, when they brought the car out it hadn't been cleaned whereas every other car pulled out of the garage that morning was spotless. When my husband complained they did bring it back in and wash it. John, the manager there was very helpful and was doing everything he could to make us happy. Not sure who dropped the ball on this. We re hoping it was a fluke and that next time we go for something it will be a better experience.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2
Service Date: 02/23/2015
Review Created: 03/09/2015 05:09 AM
Joe D. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 03/09/2015

My name is Joseph Dio and I am the service manager at the new Patriot Subaru here in North Attleboro. First I wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. Without survey responses we wouldn't know what we were doing right and more importantly we wouldn't know what we need to do to improve. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to run a facility like this, and I try to notice everything but the feedback from customers is essential. In regards to your recent survey from Surecritic, I can only say...I agree, I would have been concerned if I were in your shoes as well. I had the side mirrors installed in under 25 minutes, and had the vehicle in line to be cleaned prior to the vehicle being taken out for inspection. I think your salesman was trying to expedite the inspection and grabbed the vehicle prior to it being washed which caused the confusion. I am also aware that it was on the final day of the month for inspection and all of the inspection stations around here do Massachusetts and Rhode Island inspections which can make for a chaotic time as people tend to wait until the last minute to get the car inspected.  If you look at the SureCritic reviews and the reviews online for us you will see we do things differently, and we do wash every vehicle through our doors. Id also like to provide my cell phone 781-223-1490 if you ever have an issue and need to get service questions answered. Its on me at all times and the only time I do not pick up is if I'm with a customer. Lastly, Id like to thank you for taking the time to read this email, and your response to the survey. It means alot to get your feedback. I drive 52 miles each way to work here because they allow me to make customers feel appreciated, and the last thing I want to provide is luke warm service. I'd also like to extend a car wash and vacuum for your thorough response to your recent service visit. I hope we can continue to grow our service relationship as I truly appreciate you as a customer. I grew up with a father for a technician, and we ran a small one bay independent shop for several years until I got married, so I try to not do things the way a traditional dealership would (hopefully you can see that from this email). Let me know what would be a good time to have the vehicle cleaned and I will be happy to set that up. Thank you again for your time, and I look forward to your response.

John D. ReScore Review on 03/14/2015
"Problem resolved"
Joe was able to complete the repair for the original quoted price. Thank you for resolving the issue and providing outstanding customer service.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 05:32 PM

"Brake job quote problems "
While there for an oil change, I was informed that my rear brakes needed attention. The quote I was given for the work required totaled $285. When I asked if this was included new rotors, I was told yes, new ritors and brake pads. Then the service writer excused herself to check with the parts dept. when she came back the price had increased to $460. Not happy with the fact that the price was incorrect till I pointed out the mistake. Also, warranty work to fix corrosion issues with the brake lines I had them comeplete 2 weeks earlier was not listed in their records.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 2.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 05:32 PM
Joe D. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 03/09/2015

I would be more than happy to provide you with new rotors and pads at the original quoted price of $285 if it will help revive your faith in out department. One of our advisors is a newer employee and new to the business. Although she went to trade school, and her father ran a local scrap yard she is still learning the customer and estimating side of things. We do resurface 95% of our rotors, as most manufacturers allow for at least one resurface as long as the rotors will still be within a thickness specification. The confusion seemed to be that we can resurface your rotors, but we had thought you were requesting a replacement. I hope after our email it helped explain the situation, and that we can expect to see you back soon.

Joe P. ReScore Review on 03/09/2015
"Even more offended!"
My car was there for its 30k service, and YOUR COMPANY found the brake issue during the routine inspection and not because i noticed anything wrong. The mechanic found the issue and the advisor said that they HAD to be changed because of the condition. If there was a second option why wasnt it presented when i was paying out of pocket? I declined because $430 was too high for me.
I understand your explanation above but it is completely irrevelant to my situation.
That would make sense if i called saying i have a brake issue and wanted to know my options, but not when my car is on your lift and aleady inspected.
The worst part of all of this is that now i have to drive further to another dealership to have service completed to both of my outbacks.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 11:20 AM

"Misleading Information. Shady Business."
I took my '12 Subaru Outback in for its 30k service. The dealer recommended new rear brakes (at 1mm) and rotors (because they were scorched). They price was too high for me so i didn't go ahead with the service. When i got home, the dealer called and stated the brakes and rotors were covered under warranty. I returned the next day and the service performed were new pads and re-surfaced rotors. I explained how detailed the call to me was about having to have new rotors (when i was paying) because of their condition. It is not right that warranty work can re-suface rotors but I was expected to pay for new ones.
Review Created: 03/04/2015 11:20 AM

Joe,
          I hope my email got through to you as I responded almost immediately after your response. We always quote worst case scenario especially since its a safety concern and I think that may be where the problem originated. We try to resurface almost every rotor we service, how grooved or how heavy the rust build up on the rotor determines if we can or cant resurface. We would hate to misquote you cheaper and then have to add in expenses, we would rather give you the full picture, and hope that we can save you the money in the end. I would be more than happy to replace the rotors for you if you choose even though all work that was performed is guaranteed. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Joe,
     I apologize you feel that way. It seems we caused you great confusion and distress and this is a new for us. Im sure you can agree that we called and verified it was under warranty and made sure to provide the repair at no cost and I have also openly offered new rotors at no cost. Im more then open to doing whatever we can to help regain your trust. Regretfully mistakes happen. Ive provided my cell phone and have responded before we open and after we close. I value your opinion and business and would love the oportunity to talk. I hope to speak to you soon.

Martha E. ReScore Review on 12/06/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"followup with service manager"
I would give them another try
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 11/17/2014
Review Created: 12/05/2014 07:13 AM

"requested service rating"
brought car in for oil change and free inspection--all was done well but was told I need new seal that oil was leaking underneath called husband who explained he thought it was oil leaking out of incorrectly installed oil filter-had been told that by other mechanic and we were told to just have oil filter and oil changed (the car has less than 34,000. miles on it--think I got a lemon if seal has already gone ?? Asked service manager if I had any warranty on the work that was done then was told no--the warranty is only until the end of car warranty at 35,000. so far so good but was concerned if they replaced seal and it wasnt done correctly I would have no recourse. Seal and oil change done but was then told car could use $300.00 brake work????
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA PR
Service Date: 11/17/2014
Review Created: 12/05/2014 07:13 AM
Joe D. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 12/05/2014

Martha,
          I hope after our talk that you feel better. I know you were concerned about your vehicle being a lemon like your Nissan Altima. You were and are in good hands. We will continue to take care of you now in the future. If you need anything please call me at my direct line.

Ruth H. on 03/19/2017
"Easy and Efficient"
Due to travel and the death of my father in law I have been too busy to follow up on my the purchase of my 2017 Crosstrek. We chose Patriot due to a recommendation from a family member and satisfied customer. We are not sorry. We took the car to Maine and it handled nicely. I am still trying to figure out some of the technology and that is a work in progress. Glen our salesman was terrific. Attentive and no BS. All of the other people we dealt with were equally helpful and informed. Even the 🐶
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK LIMIT
Sales Date: 02/02/2017
Review Created: 03/19/2017 05:39 PM
Jason M. on 03/16/2017
"Underwhelmed"
I recently went back to Patriot to pick up my second vehicle from them. The first was serviced for two and a half months with zero communication from the dealership. I ended up dealing with Subaru of America in finding out any status updates about the car. When I went to pick up the new car, I made an appointment to meet with the Sales manager who promptly passed me off to a salesperson who while pleasant and helpful, had no knowledge of everything I had been through and had nothing ready that I had specifically asked the Sales manager to have ready. I will never purchase or have my car serviced at this dealership. Should I continue to purchase Subarus, it will be elsewhere.
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.5I
Sales Date: 02/08/2017
Review Created: 03/16/2017 01:54 PM
Elizabeth C. on 03/14/2017
"excellent experience, especially Betty as salesperson"
We were welcomed and treated with courtesy when we went to Patriot Subaru. In my family, we have bought Subarus before, but we have never had such a great experience, so we will certainly continue to purchase or lease here. In particular, Elizabeth (Betty) Husted made us feel comfortable. She was extremely informative without being pushy, and she happens to have a great sense of humor too!
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA
Review Created: 03/14/2017 07:04 PM
Kevin B. on 03/08/2017
"Lied to Again"
I didn't get an invite to review my previous visit, so I'll have to start there. I had an APPOINTMENT for 8:30 a.m. to start an oil consumption test (not much more than an oil change). I left my car and went back to pick it up at 2:30 in the afternoon. Upon returning I was asked to wait in the lobby where I waited an ADDITIONAL 1/2 hour. I was then told that because my car had over 90,000 miles on it they had to speak to Subaru of America before performing the oil consumption test (lie #1). I was told that they couldn't get in touch with Subaru of America at that time because of the snow storm that we were getting that day (lie #2). I was told that they would call Subaru of America on Monday (this took place on a Saturday) and I would be called back to make another appointment (lie #3). I waited until Wednesday and then called Subaru of America myself. I asked them about the 90,000 mile issue and they said that there was no such criteria of having to discuss with them based on the mileage of the car (see lie #1). I asked them where they were located and asked if they were closed or had limited operations due to Saturday's snow storm. They are much further south on the East Coast and were not impacted by the storm that hit New England and had business as usual (see lie #2). I asked if there were record of an inquiry from Patriot Subaru regarding my vehicle and they said there was not (see lie #3). I got my car back into Patriot Subaru and no apology was given for having not started the oil consumption test on my previous visit. At the end of that visit the desk employee had the gall to lie to me a 4th time by referencing a conversation she claimed she had with Subaru of America about my car on the Monday she said she was going to call them! Again, there was no record of her having called. In fact after I called Subaru of America they (Subaru of America) had to call Patriot Subaru and they talked to the same person! This type of service just adds to the frustration I already have with Subaru because of my ongoing oil consumption issues.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA SP
Review Created: 03/08/2017 03:19 AM
Glen R. at Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro responded on 03/17/2017

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry for the frustration at your last service visit.  The fact that your vehicle was not completed was 100% our fault.  I'm not sure what time we were expecting you to pick up, but obviously there was a communication breakdown on our end and for that we are truly sorry.  As far as contacting Subaru there were two separate issues.  The first was a mistake on our service advisors part.  We are required to seek authorization before performing for any oil consumption issues under warranty on any vehicles over 100,000 miles.  She was under the impression it was 90,000 miles.  Again, a mistake on our part that we are truly sorry for.  When we call for authorization from our representative, it is Subaru of New England that we work with.  They are located in Norwood Massachusetts and they were closed due to the storm. All warranty claims for all stores in New England are processed and approved by Subaru of New England, not the main office in Cherry Hill.   Again, we apologize for the miscommunication regarding your pick-up time at your last service.   We look forward to the opportunity to make things right at your next service visit.

Regards,
Glen Reed
Service Director

Brandon F. on 03/07/2017
"Patriot Subaru of North Attleboro"
I had an overall positive experience. Here are the negatives:

1. When attempting to get a co-sign for financing I was asked why I would I would want to lower my interest rate.
2. Sales and financing where not aligned in terms of paperwork, which caused me to come in prematurely for my inspection
3. When coming in to pay for my vehicle there unnecessarily long wait for the signing. It seemed that there was a crisis occurring and my financing manager was tied up. My point of concern was that there was a 2nd financing manager available who could have helped me sooner. After 30 minutes this action finally occurred after I asked a few times.
Vehicle: SUBARU XV CROSSTREK 2.
Sales Date: 02/21/2017
Review Created: 03/07/2017 07:11 AM
Susan R. on 03/07/2017
"fix tire"
overall good service fixed tire
Review Created: 03/07/2017 05:40 AM
Pamela G. on 03/07/2017
"it is a small and friendly environment. It is clean and the vehicle choices are well dislpayed"
This is a good opportunity for me to express my appreciation for my salesman, Glenn, and how he was able to qualify my needs for vehicle. This was a good experience for someone who cannot think of a worse experience than to shop for a new car. Thank you Pam Godin
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK PREMI
Sales Date: 02/20/2017
Review Created: 03/07/2017 05:32 AM
Marie O. on 03/07/2017
"Last minute they fit you in"
ok
Service Date: 02/21/2017
Review Created: 03/07/2017 04:08 AM
Kevin T. on 03/06/2017
"Great Experience"
Staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Relaxed environment and stress free car shopping.
Vehicle: SUBARU IMPREZA 5D CVT
Sales Date: 02/20/2017
Review Created: 03/06/2017 05:04 PM
Rory G. on 03/06/2017
"Great customer service, extremely helpful staff"
Had a great experience at patriot Subaru. The staff was incredibly helpful, informative and accommodating. I will certainly return in the future.
Vehicle: SUBARU CROSSTREK PREMI
Sales Date: 02/16/2017
Review Created: 03/06/2017 04:32 PM
Christina C. on 03/06/2017
"I had a really easy and stress free experience at Patriot Subaru "
Pat Kelly was great to work with. I think it is really commendable that the dealers work on salary and not commission, I feel like it made our interactions so much more relaxed and genuine. Pat was really helpful and worked to do everything to make our experience easy. He called and checked in many times to make sure transferring my old car was going okay and worked hard to set up a runner to help me register my new car in NH. I feel like we got the best deal possible at Patriot Subaru and no one was pushy. Everyone we dealt with was accommodating and really nice to work with and talk to. Would highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking into buying a Subaru!
Vehicle: SUBARU FORESTER 2.5I
Review Created: 03/06/2017 01:55 PM
Philip C. on 03/06/2017
"great job"
keep up the good work
Review Created: 03/06/2017 09:40 AM
Jonathan G. on 03/06/2017
"Adam and his dogs - oh yes the people who work there are helpful too."
Other than the fact that I had to schedule my car twice for the air bag replacement all went well. They made it convenient by fulfilling my request for a loaner car so I could get back to work. It was even a relatively new car for the loaner.
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY OUT
Review Created: 03/06/2017 04:19 AM
David N. on 03/05/2017
"Friendly and Honest"
Great experience. They made us a great deal and got us the car we wanted for the price we wanted. Highly recommend this dealership.
Vehicle: SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5I
Sales Date: 02/18/2017
Review Created: 03/05/2017 08:00 AM
Veronica D. on 03/04/2017
"Maintenance visit"
I had a tire rotation and oil change and the staff was kind and courteous
Vehicle: SUBARU LEGACY 2.5