Overall Rating 4.24/5Overall Rating 4.24/5Overall Rating 4.24/5Overall Rating 4.24/5rating 4.24
4.2

Overall Rating 2.66667/5Overall Rating 2.66667/5rating 2.66667rating 2.66667rating 2.66667

AJ
Alnita J.
Chandler, TX
2019 Hyundai Elantra
10/20/2019 Category: Service
service
Was promised a call to update me on parts ordered was in so my car could be repaired never received a call.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 10/22/2019

Hi Ms. J,

Thank You for the feedback.  We do apologize for your inconvenience and hope to serve you better in the future.

TF
Tammy F.
Murchison, TX
2012 Hyundai Equus
10/19/2019 Category: Service
Don't expect the service people to keep their word about the work on your vehicle.
Patterson Hyundai Tyler couldn't care less that they keep your vehicle for a week when they say it should be ready after one day. They won't take the initiative to call you about the reason(s) it's taking longer than expected to have your vehicle ready, and they WON'T offer to provide you a loaner car to assist you so that you can keep your OWN scheduled work. They don't mind charging you really high prices to do the work on your car but heaven forbid you expect them to actually do what they say they're going to do or to communicate with you what's stopping them. Not only was this debacle our last experience with Patterson Hyundai, the vehicle started leaking coolant on the garage floor, once my wife got the car back home. Of course it took ANOTHER day off of work and hours of sitting in the waiting area only for them to tell me that they couldn't find out why the car was leaking the coolant. I'm not at ALL impressed with the way Patterson treated my wife and her vehicle.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 10/24/2019

Hi Mr. F,

Thank you for the feedback; we do appreciate you letting us know how your service went.  We apologize for any inconveniene and hope to serve you better next time!

Athens, TX
10/04/2019 Category: Service
taking too long
Have always been happy with the service until this time. No communication on what is going on.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 10/08/2019

Hi Mr. H,

Thank You for filling out the survey.  We do apologize for your inconvenience.  Our technicians are working with Hyundai experts at "Tech Line" to resolve your issue.  Please bear with us; your issue is unusual and something we haven't encountered.

Jamie R.
Whitehouse, TX
09/19/2019 Category: Service
All places are the same, people make the difference.
Having to bring a new car in for problems is no fun . When you bring car in and dont get a call from dealership and dont return your call, that's just unacceptable. Having to drive 45 min just to ask about car is crazy unacceptable. After buying several cars from Patterson over 15 years, I will find a new dealer for the next car. I also will never own another Hyundai!
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 09/24/2019

Hi Ms. R,

We appreciate your reaching out via the survey to voice your concerns. Thank You for taking time to chat with us today about your service experience.  We apologize for your inconvenience and hope to serve you better in the future.

LK
Larry K.
08/28/2019 Category: Service
Poor Service Department
Not very customer friendly. The service is night and day what I experience when I take my 8-year-old Forester into Peltier Subaru right across the street plus they provide complimentary car washes.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 08/29/2019

Hi Mr. K,
Thank You for filling out the survey.  We have been trying to contact you regarding setting a time to complete the work on your vehicle and to discuss your service experience.  We do apologize for your inconvenience and hope to show you in the future that we truly appreciate your business.

Sincerely

RD
Roger D.
Hideaway, TX
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/08/2019 Category: Service
A lack of customer service
Very difficult to get waited on. Upon completion there was no information given concerning service recommendations that I found out several days later in an email from the service area. They should pay a visit to Classic Toyota (Tyler) to see how to effectively provide excellent customer service.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 08/09/2019

HI Mr. D,

Thank You for the feedback.  We do appreciate your suggestions and are working to improve your service.  We hope next time you come in for service to earn a positive recommendation and 5 Stars.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Robin R.
Whitehouse, TX
2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
08/02/2019 Category: Service
Slow Oil Change Service
I went to the "Express Lane" for an oil change and tire rotation. The sign says "Fast oil changes and more." Two hours later I finally got my vehicle back. I bought my vehicle at Patterson due in part to its service department reviews. Not sure that I will go back there. I will say that the service manager apologized and waved the charges even though I said that was not necessary. In my experience a dealership service department oil change usually takes 30 to 45 minutes. Even an hour would be marginally acceptable on a busy day. Not two hours though. And at no time did any service personnel come out to me to explain why things were taking so long. A very frustrating experience.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 08/05/2019

Hi R. Family,

Thank You for the feedback and Thank Mrs. R. for taking time to chat with us.  We apologize for your inconvenience and wish to serve you better in the future.

CD
Ca'Mel D.
07/29/2019
Reply to my previous review
JUST FYI.........Patterson service center definitely needs an overhaul. Breck, if your pay was affected due to my review I am truly sorry because that was not my intention. If Patterson doesn't want honest responses then don’t send out emails for costumer reviews. I did not refer to one individual in my previous review, I was referring to the Patterson service department as a whole. Breck was definitely not the problem. My main concern is if the mechanics are actually certified to do their jobs because it seems as if they don’t know what they are doing. There isn’t even enough space allowed for me to explain my experiences these last few months. A loaner car isn’t a concern at this point; it would be nice just to get a return phone call so that I can get my vehicle back to the state it was in when I originally brought it in. After it is repaired I will definitely go elsewhere for service. No one else should be responsible for fixing what you all messed up. What make this so frustrating is the fact that I have been more than patient and that seems to be unappreciated. Some things just aren’t called for...

Be a reflection of what you’d like to receive; good customer service goes a long way...

2015 Hyundai Genesis
07/25/2019 Category: Service
Service department
Service department needs much improvement...
BRECK P. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 07/29/2019

Camel, I am very sorry. I still have you on a list for the loaner car. Just FYI, these surveys dont affect anyone but me. This survey took a lot of money from my pay. I'll call you when I have loaner.

Breck

Denise P.
2003 Hyundai Sonata
07/22/2019 Category: Service
Have Lots of Time
Not impressed with timeliness of service. A simple battery change and replacement of a brake pedal stopper should not take 2 days. If there were several cars ahead of me, an estimate should have been communicated. Also, I lost confidence in the diagnosis when I was told I needed a major part (that should last 8-10 years), that had been replaced only 3 years ago.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 07/26/2019

Hi Ms. P,

Thank You for taking time to fill out the survey.  We have tried to reach out to you via phone but haven't been successful; we do apologize if you felt the service took too long; that was not our intention. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

06/10/2019 Category: Service
Bad
I seem to have issues every time I drop my car off here. This time my leather steering wheel was scratched, and my driver seat was not replaced accordingly. There was wires visible to the eye and bottom of seat is not attached at all.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 06/14/2019

Hi Ms. V,

Thank You for the feedback.  We appreciate your taking time to fill out the survey and hope to serve you better in the future.

RP
Robert P.
05/20/2019 Category: Service
Won't honor prepaid oil change sold by Auto Nation
I purchase a package of six oil changes from Auto Nation the prior owner of this Dealership now owned by Patterson. They refused to honor the coupon as they had in the past. Service manager made me pay and told me they would send me a refund when Auto Nation paid them.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 05/24/2019

Hi Mr. P,

Thank You for the feedback.  We understand it's an inconvenience to have to contact AutoNation for reimbursement of the service contract they sold you.  They have assured me that all you need to do is call (972) 501 7400 and select option 4 and they will be more than happy to process your payment.  Please let us know if you have any difficulties with this.

02/27/2019 Category: Service
Always friendly.
They keep you informed.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 03/01/2019

Hi Mr. M,

Thank You for the recent survey; you rated us as Excellent in every catagory and we do appreciate that!

Suzanna M.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
02/03/2019 Category: Service
Not Going Back!
My car was in their shop for 3 1/2 days and they fixed a broken trunk latch, diagnosed my brakes and rotated my tires. I went over a full business day w/o hearing from anyone and had to call them back. This seems to be common with them. Anytime I have taken my vehicle to them, I have to call them to find out the status of my vehicle.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 02/07/2019

Hi Ms. M,

Thank You for taking time to fill out the survey.  We will stress to our staff to have a plan to keep customers updated, whether by phone, text or email.   We do apologize and look forward to serving you better in the future.

12/21/2018 Category: Service
Better communication regarding service process
I scheduled appointment and had the understanding service would be completed in 45 minutes. When I returned an hour later service hadn’t been started and technician was at lunch. I had to be somewhere so required transportation to my house to take our other vehicle to my previously scheduled appointment.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 01/22/2019

Hi Ms. D,

We do apologize for the mix up with your service.  There was a miscommunication.  We do hope you will forgive us; we do look forward to seeing you next time!

David W.
2018 Hyundai Accent
12/08/2018 Category: Service
Got an oil change and the car was not washed or vacuumed and they were done so quickly that I felt they didn’t do a thorough check out
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 12/10/2018

Hi Mrs. W,

Thank You for taking time to chat with us today.  We do appreciate your feedback, but were surprised that you felt the service was done too quickly.  Our actual goal is for your service to be done in a timely / professional manner. We also want your ownership experience to be as worry free as possible.  We will be more than happy to perform a complimentary wash /vac and also a 25 point inspection for your peace of mind.

Again, thank you for taking time to fill out the survey and we look forward to serving you in the future.

AL
Anthony L.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Very expensive
88 dollars for an oil change and was given no information. Long wait.
Tim N., Service Manager from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 10/03/2018

Dear Mr. L***
Thank you for responding to the survey. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or miscommunication. I have reviewed the repair order and found there was a mistake.  You are due a credit for some charges paid. Please contact me and we will correct that error.
I am also sending you a copy of your Vehicle Inspection report. I apologize this was not provided to you at the conclusion of your visit.
You do have a choice of a synthetic blend or full synthetic oil whenever you have your vehicle serviced. We use the semi-synthetic blend on most vehicles, unless there is a requirement for full synthetic oil. Your vehicle was serviced with 5W30 Pennzoil semi-synthetic and a genuine Hyundai filter.
We understand you have many choices for vehicle service and appreciate you chose Patterson Hyundai. Please contact me so we may resolve these issues and move forward into the future.
Best regards,
Tim Nortier
Patterson Hyundai
903-579-2285

Palestine, TX
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Timeliness & communication lacks
I recently had my car in for a warranty repair. I was given excuses as to the reason it was taking so long (when the service rep finally returned my call) even though I made an appointment in advance to take it in. Jobs were run in before mine. I didn't know the car was ready until after I called the service manager asking for help to find out the status and requested a loaner for the weekend. This is not the first time I have had issues with the timeliness of this service department. The first time it took 4 hours for the first oil change after I had purchased the car and then I was told I also needed new tires! It was a brand new car!! I will not be going back to this dealership for anything, unless it is a last resort!!
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 09/26/2018

We do apologize for any inconvenience.  We promise to do our best to accurately estimate and communicate to you, the customer the time needed for service.  Our goal is for your service to always be done professionally in a timely manner...We do look forward to serving you better in the future!

Kilgore, TX
09/20/2018 Category: Service
Service needs improvement
Went for an oil change; one tire had a low reading and the seat cover on the driver side had disconnected. The oil change was fine to my knowledge. The service person put air in the one low tire but did not check the others and made the readings way off with the others. A week after the service, two of the other tires required air. The seat cover was reconnected but as soon as I got out it disconnected again; so was not really fixed.
Tim N., Service Manager from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 09/20/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey, as we use this feedback in our continuous improvement efforts. I apologize that we did not adequately address your issues on this visit. Unfortunately, the repair order does not reflect work other than the oil change, so the issue with the seat cover was not routed to the correct technician for a permanent repair. While tires will lose pressure over time due to the natural porosity of the tires, each tire pressure should be set to the correct psi per the vehicle specifications. We also offer a nitrogen fill tire service that will provide a more stable tire pressure, even in temperature fluctuations. If you will contact me I will arrange for a no charge nitrogen fill and will also make sure we have a technician look at the seat cover issue. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be able to address these issues for you soon.
Best regards,
Tim Nortier
Patterson Tyler
903-579-2285

Samuel C.
2013 Hyundai Genesis
06/27/2018 Category: Service
Needs work to be great
I have said it all. I sincerely hope you address the concerns mentioned so I can provide a better review. At this point I will be in for warranty work only.
SHIRLEY A H. from Patterson Hyundai Tyler responded on 06/27/2018

Hi Mr. C,

Thank You for taking time to fill out the survey.  We do appreciate your feedback and take it to heart when a customer is not happy with their service experience.  I called you earlier but only got voice mail.  I hope we can have a chance to discuss your service, please feel free to call me at 903-939-4613.

903-939-4613