Overall Rating 2.8/5Overall Rating 2.8/5rating 2.8rating 2.8rating 2.8
Overall Rating 1.6/5rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6rating 1.6

Ford Police Interceptor
08/19/2019
Oil Change
My vehicles get seen regularly at the dealership but they are down in Cincinnati. At times, it is more convenient to have routine service locally. My recent visit was for an oil change and I had a check engine light on. When I got the follow up call of what the check engine was, I was overwhelmed with all the things the supposedly wrong with my vehicle, I was asked if I wanted to proceed with the work. I was not given any verbal estimate or time frame of the repairs. I authorized the oil change and air filter. I pickup the vehicle and got no explanation or recommendations.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 08/20/2019

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.  All of the recommendations are written on your invoice.  After the phone call, we received the impression that you were not to interested in the other issues.  We do not pressure any of our customers.  So rather than reiterate everything at the counter, we simply let it go because we did not want you to feel pressured.  But, everything is typed up on your final invoice.  If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we will go through the items that you would like to discuss, thanks!!

07/30/2019
Convenient but pricey.
Office is freezing cold.
The seller made no effort to get anywhere near Walmart's price for the Michelins.
(I would have gone back to Walmart but I was in a hurry)
Service was swift.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 07/31/2019

Hello and thanks for the feedback.  I apologize for the temperature, the office we have is too tiny so it cools and warms quickly.  In some cases, we can beat Walmart's prices, in some cases, we can't.  We could not get anywhere close on this particular tire.  If we can, we will as we try to be competitve.  But remember, your money stayed in Hamilton, and did not go to Arkansas!  I am sure our service was also much better than you would have had at Walmart.  Thanks for choosing us and take care.

KT
Kim T.
Oxford, OH
02/22/2019
I always have my oil changed here had great friendly service, This time not so good on gentleman waiting on me.
I have always had great oil changes and was treated great. This time Chris wasn't at the desk and the gentleman their I thought was rude. I even asked about the cars for sale and no response from him.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 02/25/2019

Hi Kim,

Sorry we did not meet your expecations this time.  We always try our hardest and I just want to apologize it didn't live up to that this time.  But, I promise you, it will next time, thanks,

KT
Kamga T.
Acura MDX
01/03/2018 Category: Service
Kamga said he would recommend this business for service, but he was not all the way satisfied with his service.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 01/10/2018

Kamga,

Please inform me as to why you were not all they way satisfied - we discussed everything in detail before we performed any work.  I am confused, please let me know.  We will look forward to seeing you in the near future, thanks!

Chris

Bud H.
Oxford, OH
Honda Accord
02/08/2017
I have always been satisfied with the work done, however, this time, i felt that the charges were excessive. I asked the guy there, he said almost every repair is $350 or more. I showed the bill to my daughter who has a friend that said it should have been about $300, but your guy said the parts themsevles were over $200. I will have to check further. I know that the work is done correctly. I am not sure about a recommendation yet.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 02/09/2017

Hi Bud,

We appreicate you trusting us with car and that you have faith in our repairs.  We don't just throw parts at cars in the hopes it will repair it, we diagnose the problem first, which is what we did in your case.  I hope you are understand that you buying the service, diagnostics, parts and labor - not just parts and labor.  We appreciate your business, thanks!

EO
Ejr O.
Ohio
Kia Soul
02/08/2017 Category: Service
Ejr said the service was good, but one of the mechanics did not provide good customer service.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 02/13/2017

Hi Ejr,

Sorry to hear that.  Do you have a name or know what the person looks like?  I would like to have a chat with that person.  In what way did they not provide good customer service?  Let me know and thanks,

Deshawn L.
Chrysler 300M
10/05/2016 Category: Service
Deshawn said during his most recent service visit they did work but he is not certain they fixed everything properly, so he is waiting for them to check it out.

TA
Tanya A.
Camden, OH
Dodge Journey
08/03/2016 Category: Service
Tanya said as soon as she picked up the vehicle she had to take it back and they were extremely rude. Other than that there were no other issues
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 08/05/2016

Hello Tanya,

Sorry to hear that.  I thought we were very polite.  You seem satisfied when you left so I am surprised to hear this.  I do apologize.

KR
Kevin R.
Toyota Tundra
07/29/2016
Too expensive for synthetic oil change
92$ for a Synthetic Oil Change is too expensive
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 08/03/2016

Hi Kevin,

I understand the oil change on your truck is expensive.  Valvoline instant oil change is $97.99 + tax.  We were $86.99 + tax.  The Toyota dealer is less expensive at $69.99, but they couldn't tell me what kind of oil they are using.  Also, I feel like we are much more convienient than they are.  We use Valvoline oil.  I hope this helps explain why we are a little more expensive.

Craig W.
02/29/2016
Rotation of tires not done.
I understand why, but I ensured them that the tire on the right front was safe I have been driving on it since November, all I wanted them todo was rotate that tire to the back. They said they couldn't do it because they would be liable if something happens. Like I said I understand but not happy.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 03/01/2016

Hi Craig,

We always try to do everything that our customers want.  In this particular situation, the tire was unsafe.  All we could do was replace the tire, we could not move it.  We could have put the spare on, but not move it to the back.  It would make the car more unsafe than it already was.  We did what was best for your safety.  We are really sorry you are unhappy.  Thanks,

CP
Chris P.
02/02/2016 Category: Service
Chris said the business is good at fitting customers into their schedule. He was not happy that it took them 4 hours to replace a battery and alternator. He also was told by the business that the rear end of another vehicle he owns was locked up and had to be replaced. He put the vehicle in neutral and it moved three feet forward and three feet backwards. He stated that the vehicle was clearly not locked up and knew then that the business did not even look at the vehicle.
Steve P. from Pfefferle Tire & Automotive Service Inc. responded on 02/04/2016

Chris, we do not keep alternators in stock.  Being that your car is a 1992 means parts are not more readily available.  It took us some time to get the part.  I hope you understand.  Please give me a call so that we can come to some sort of resolution.

Chris Pfefferle 513-894-0025