HE
Heather E.
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Heather said she was not satisfied with her service. She had problems with the completed work. The issues were not resolved.

LF
Leonard F.
02/28/2019
Dishonest. Overcharges nasty sarcastic poor workmanship
I had my 1994 Toyota Corolla towed into joes as it died going to work. My regular mechanic was on vacation and a friend told me pops garage was a place he had work done on his car. As I said earlier, I had the car towed to pops. If your smart, NEVER get anywhere near pops garage. I left the car there. I got a phone call from the owner telling me I needed a new distributor, and it cost $100 for a diagnosis, $296 for the part and 2 hours labor at $105 an hour. The total bill was $541.66. Including the rag he used. Keep in mind the car performed perfectly until it died on the way to work. I thought the price was high but if the car was repaired correctly I agreed to have it done.

I got a call the next day letting me know the car was ready. When I drove the car out, it started to misfire to the extent that it was not drivable. I immediately went back to pops and told him the situation. He said he would put in another distributor (which I seriously doubt he did) as I waited outside for 2 hours. When I drove the car out, there was no change. Joe said I should leave the car there and he would check it out. I asked him if there would be an additional charge, he said “I can’t work for nothing” and further diagnostics would cost $105 per hour. He obviously did not test drive the car or he would have seen it was still not working properly. I am disputing the charge for the part since joe refused to take back the old part and give me a refund. He later changed his story to “I would have fixed it free”. Stay away from pops. You’ve been warned.

John M.
GMC Sierra
04/21/2017 Category: Service
John said he was charged $100 for a diagnosis and it was not even diagnosed right. He was told it was a blown head gasket and it was not. He took his vehicle to another facility.
Joe Z. from Pop's Garage Inc responded on 04/22/2017

This customer came in with a engine missfire, We Scaned, and preformed a cylinder balance test, We found coolant on 1 of the spark plugs, We told him it needs more time to diagnose futher he declined to leave vehicle at that time, We never told him he needs a headgasket, That is the last i heard of this.

BC
Barry C.
Prescott, AZ
10/11/2016
unprofessional business practice work not performed as asked
had work done on my 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo on 10/4/2016. requested premium shocks to be installed on my car. when i picked up the car the ride didnt feel right. talked to the local parts store . bennet auto supply on sample rd to the manager rob.
was informed the shocks that they installed. did not meet original equipment specks. and were the cheapest available.
not feeling comfortable with them working on it again i replaced them with the premiums myself. which returned the performance of the car to its proper status.

was told by the owner at pops. joe zarem he would figure the amount to be refunded for the substandard shocks and get back to me. when i returned for the refund he refused.

i had also left new wheel lugs to be swapped out on all four wheels. they did not install all as promised . and told me they did.
owner was very a condescending toward me describing me as an idiot and how he would just keep me hanging for the refund . when he did not know i was sitting just outside his office. when he emerged and noticed i had been listening he told me i will not refund your money. (he had the return parts in his possession for the whole day.)

BARRY M.
Coral Springs, FL
01/11/2016
$700 spent & AC still doesn't work
Nice guy but spent $700 to replace to A/C hoses which weren't leaking. Dealer soon after confirmed my evaporator core was the source of the problem. When told the AC was still leaking after the repair, was told to come by the shop Saturday morning ... Only to find the shop closed. I left 2 message since .... Still awaiting the courtesy of a callback
Joe Z. from Pop's Garage Inc responded on 01/13/2016

Thank you for taking time to speak with me, I apologize for what happened Saturday, I look foward to seeing  you and your vehicle at the shop to  correct this matter,